Greatest BJJ Match ever! "Buchecha" Almeida vs Rodolfo Vieira 2012 worlds abosolute

Sick fight but Rodolfo really screwed himself at the end. And what is with Buchecha's lack of sportsmanship?

And Rodolfo had like 7 or 8 advantages (including the last armlock attempt)? I think these advantages should add up in points if they are that many

Beautiful fight. I just hope that's the direction Bjj matches are taking.

I don't know about best ever, but it was pretty awesome. I think a lot of the excitement over the match had to do with the fact that Rodolfo actually lost in the gi. Those who were watching it live were going crazy.

Sick fight but Rodolfo really screwed himself at the end. And what is with Buchecha's lack of sportsmanship?

He's an intense competitor. You don't always have to be super repectful and act as if it's an honor to be on the same mat as your opponent. Maybe he was just in such a deep "trance" of sorts that gets his mind right that he's only got the idea of crushing his opponent running through his head? Either way it didn't bother me.

very good match.... but it kinda shows how dumb the scoring in bjj can be.

Buchecha is ultra heavy and rodolfo is pesado.

Thanks, J Sho...

I was wondering how much size/strength mattered in the match. I know both are very strong, but thought Rodolfo was really known for his strength.

I was also thinking that Buchecha worked specifically for this match by getting stronger.

I wonder what their actual weight was. I'm guessing Rodolfo at 205. (same as me :eek:) and Buchecha at 230. Twenty five pounds can make a big difference. (imho)

Vince_Vaughn_Motorboat.gif

Yea, there are plenty of matches out there that leave me feeling like ibjjf scoring is kind of stupid, but this definitely isn't one of them.

Well, I was more asking why he didn't like IBJJF scoring rather than how this match demonstrated it, out of my own curiosity.

But I'll ask you the same question. Why don't you like IBJJF scoring? Is it the "points should be awarded by achieving positions rather than the method to get there" argument?

Great sweeps the whole time.
DHG/reverse tornado/wtf jam from Buchecha, omoplata to leg drag from Viera, kneebars to top. Even that last butterfly sweep to the armbar was dope, even if it didn't work out.

I don't know if this has been covered, but what gives with the leg stomping?
I found it to be illegal and classless, especially after slapping the attempted handshake.

The guy who won has no honor.

GIF of the blatant groin stomp. It's followed by a kick (not in the GIF)
UbXXb.gif

I don't know if this has been covered, but what gives with the leg stomping?
I found it to be illegal and classless, especially after slapping the attempted handshake.

The guy who won has no honor.

The leg stomping as you call it is a legit way to free your sleeves from the other guys spider guard tbh...

Back