Greatest BJJ Match ever! "Buchecha" Almeida vs Rodolfo Vieira 2012 worlds abosolute

My understanding is that you can place your foot on the leg and push off, but you can't rear back and stomp on a leg/groin like that.

Excellent match. Completely changed the dynamic of the munidals by taking Rodolfo out. Today will be interresting

Thanks, J Sho...

I was wondering how much size/strength mattered in the match. I know both are very strong, but thought Rodolfo was really known for his strength.

I was also thinking that Buchecha worked specifically for this match by getting stronger.

I wonder what their actual weight was. I'm guessing Rodolfo at 205. (same as me :eek:) and Buchecha at 230. Twenty five pounds can make a big difference. (imho)

I think its less to do with Buchecha's strength more to do with his speed, balance and technique ... look how Buchecha defended the x-guard sweep, buterfly sweep ... both fighters are lightweights in heavyweights bodies

I agree. Even though Buchecha is bigger then Rodolfo, I would still say that I doubt he is stronger.

how can a match ending on points be the "best ever"?

and buchecha's behaviour in the end disturbed me as well, had to think about the value of the obligatory bow in judo.

how can a match ending on points be the "best ever"?

and buchecha's behaviour in the end disturbed me as well, had to think about the value of the obligatory bow in judo.

Just because the match didn't end in submission, doesn't mean it wasn't the best fight of this year's Mundial. So far that fight is the best of this year's Mundial.
Best ever? maybe.. could make an argument it was one of the best ever. Just don't see the big guys displaying such technique and speed. I was amazed.

as for Buchecha's behavior at the end, not justifying it, but from what I was told, they do not like each other, at ALL.

GIF of the blatant groin stomp. It's followed by a kick (not in the GIF)
UbXXb.gif

It was aggressive but not dirty and you know it. Obvious bias on your part is silly, imo.:redface:

Yeah, that's no groin stomp.

His groin area is right under the foot.
And bias? Really? This was the first time I've watched competition BJJ and it struck me as a dirty move. In the entirety of all of the matches I watched this weekend it easily stood out.

Wow...that was pretty awesome. I love a back and forth match like that with a lot of close submission attempts.

+
This was the first time I've watched competition BJJ and it struck me as a dirty move.

= STFU.

It's a legit way to break spider hooks and if it was in the groin, don't you think Rodolfo would have reacted to it? That was a rhetorical question, you don't need to answer.

And bias? Really? This was the first time I've watched competition BJJ and it struck me as a dirty move. In the entirety of all of the matches I watched this weekend it easily stood out.

That was a common move to break spierderguard grips.

Damn. He must be kicking himself for looking at the scoreboards now.

I'm going to have to watch that a couple of times. The "stomp" looked to me no worse than some of the hard grip breaks in judo. I thought Rodolfo looked almost TOO relaxed. I couldn't believe it when he got double-legged for his inattention.

yup it's on the front page, 226K views in 24h, when did BJJ get this big??? lol

Back