Greatest BJJ Match ever! "Buchecha" Almeida vs Rodolfo Vieira 2012 worlds abosolute

That was so sick! And I liked the little "One does not simply..." meme they through in there lol

That was fun to watch. Usually, it seems like black belt matches consist of guys so afraid to make mistakes they are afraid to move. Those two were constantly going for stuff. Buchecha surviving that late armbar attempt was ballsy.

Non stop action from those two monsters. "New" Jiu-Jitsu FTW.

Fun to watch! Big guys showing their moves! Were they both in the Super Pesado or Pesado division?

The best part is we potentially have years of rivalry between these two, just like the Roger/Xande years.

holy double leg Batman!

If there is a lesson to be learned from this match (other than man, I need train harder), it's don't ever, ever, ever get caught checking the time/score during a match.

I love it when high level guys show how amazing elite jiu jitsu can be.

Still cant believe Rodolfo got taken down with a double leg. :eek:

Still cant believe Rodolfo got taken down with a double leg. :eek:

Watch the video again - he lets his guard down for just a moment when he gets to his feet when he looks towards the scoring table. Clock watching is never a great idea - you have coaches (and team LI) for clock and score info.

Watch the video again - he lets his guard down for just a moment when he gets to his feet when he looks towards the scoring table. Clock watching is never a great idea - you have coaches (and team LI) for clock and score info.

Yea, i watched it again and i see what you mean. It does appear that he was watching the clock. Somewhere he has got to be kicking himself for that. Jeez... this day has been full of surprises. :)

Yea, i watched it again and i see what you mean. It does appear that he was watching the clock. Somewhere he has got to be kicking himself for that. Jeez... this day has been full of surprises. :)

Everyone has done it before, and while it doesn't usually cost you, from standing it can definitely be a critical error every once in a while. I've seen wrestling matches won and lost on a scoring table glance quite a few times. Beating yourself like that cannot be a fun way to lose.

In any event, what a great match. I want rematch super-fight soon. Submission only preferably considering how much of a back and forth match this was. Someone make this happen please!

Really like this match, can't wait to get the DVD when it hits Budovideos

Awesome match. I was going crazy when Rodolfo went up 7-4. Then Bam! buchech gets 4 quick points. amazing.

Awesome match. I'll be referring to this from now on every time someone says that we need the advantage system because elite black belts never score points on one another.

Back