Gracie Jiu Jitsue full basic techniques

Lol.

What if? What if!

You are using the doomsayer strategy to scarecrow people.

Sport Bjj has solid takedowns.

Even if you end up at the bottom in your guard. You just submit the guys, you think that sport Bjj guy cannot submit an untrained person because there is strikes involved!
Think again, Bjj sport guys can submit a full resisting trained sport Bjj guy.
Imagine how easy it is to submit an untrained person!

Worst case scenario, I would do a technical stand up and kick you in the head.
Its not as easy as it sounds if you have never expirenced the getting punched from the bottom and never been taught how to defend punches from the bottom. There are a lot of sport jiu jitsu technoques that will get you punched and possibly slamed if the untrained guy is strong. Theres proof to what i say, In rener video of sport jiu jitsu vs street jiu jitsu there was a purple belt who was getting punched from the bottom, Firas comments on it as well. Sport jiu jitsu is not self defense. If you think sport jiu jitsu works in the street (it can but there are much more easier ways without getting hit and its much harder) you seriously need to just take some time out and watch this. I say what if because they are very possible scienarios.

They really give a great in depth explanations

Is this troll thread still going?

Its not as easy as it sounds if you have never expirenced the getting punched from the bottom and never been taught how to defend punches from the bottom. There are a lot of sport jiu jitsu technoques that will get you punched and possibly slamed if the untrained guy is strong. Theres proof to what i say, In rener video of sport jiu jitsu vs street jiu jitsu there was a purple belt who was getting punched from the bottom, Firas comments on it as well. Sport jiu jitsu is not self defense. If you think sport jiu jitsu works in the street (it can but there are much more easier ways without getting hit and its much harder) you seriously need to just take some time out and watch this. I say what if because they are very possible scienarios.

Once again I will explain again.

This week I taught 3 new students.
The topic of the 2 classes was mount.

At the second class, I asked them to Mount me and submit me.

I easily escaped. I think if you added strikes, it would even be easier.

The reason is that they untrained and even after 2 classes, they struggled.

Now let take another example. A blue belt student. He would have at least train 2 years. In that period, he would attended 16 classes specifically about mount.

I would have a harder time escaping.

So yeah. Go train with your gloves doing your self defense program.

If you think it would make better at street fighting, but I don't.

Sport jiu jitsu teachers can teach bjj for mma and thats what they do in private training
I dont see anything embarrasing or regretting that i have said, yes i may have exaggerated and used guesstimates but it is very likley that in victoria most schools teach sport jiu jitsu
No the sportmjiu jitsu competition appeals to people, and at the start they dont generally dont know the difference between sport and street jiu jitsu. Like what else says they teach bjj for self defense? Theres no proof if u look at their website etc we know nearly all schools teach sport jiu jitsu because of the appeal of competition. Its a known fact

Mate, I live in Vic and there are plenty of schools that will give you what you want in terms of BJJ. Google Krav maga evolution, they roll regularly with strikes and are a gracie combatives club. You can go through the gracie combatives classes and then join their classes were you learn BJJ against grapplers. They are also a legit school, which helps.

If you can handle a trained grappler then you will beat an untrained one. Being on the bottom getting hit is bad no matter whether you are trained or not, but throwing punches opens up sweeps and escapes. Chokes over armbars and all that good stuff.

Of course some stuff in sport bjj is not a great plan if you are on concrete, but that doesn't make sport BJJ useless. Am i going to play deep half guard on concrete? Definitely not, but if I end up though for any reason atleast I have a few options to sweep.

Ask one of the higher belts at your club to let you roll with strikes and see what they do to you.

To be fair, they are not the only one that talks down on sport Bjj.

Another Gracie also claim that some Bjj bb did not know how to escape a standing headlock! WTF,?

I will take what Renee with a grain if salt.

After all. In one of his videos he also said that he will promote people via videos up to 4 stripes brown belt,!

Once again I will explain again.

This week I taught 3 new students.
The topic of the 2 classes was mount.

At the second class, I asked them to Mount me and submit me.

I easily escaped. I think if you added strikes, it would even be easier.

The reason is that they untrained and even after 2 classes, they struggled.

Now let take another example. A blue belt student. He would have at least train 2 years. In that period, he would attended 16 classes specifically about mount.

I would have a harder time escaping.

So yeah. Go train with your gloves doing your self defense program.

If you think it would make better at street fighting, but I don't.
I'm not talking about mount
If a blue belt has been learning sport jiu jitsu and his on the bottom of guard and the top guy who is untrained throws punches whats to say he can defend them if he has never been taught how to
Also the sport jiu jitsu moves he has learnt will be really hard to use against a striking opponent, especially when they have not been taught distance management, as the moves are harder to do and some wont work when ur getting punched
Roger has said 80% of sport jiu jitsu techniques dont work in a real fight.

Mate, I live in Vic and there are plenty of schools that will give you what you want in terms of BJJ. Google Krav maga evolution, they roll regularly with strikes and are a gracie combatives club. You can go through the gracie combatives classes and then join their classes were you learn BJJ against grapplers. They are also a legit school, which helps.

If you can handle a trained grappler then you will beat an untrained one. Being on the bottom getting hit is bad no matter whether you are trained or not, but throwing punches opens up sweeps and escapes. Chokes over armbars and all that good stuff.

Of course some stuff in sport bjj is not a great plan if you are on concrete, but that doesn't make sport BJJ useless. Am i going to play deep half guard on concrete? Definitely not, but if I end up though for any reason atleast I have a few options to sweep.

Ask one of the higher belts at your club to let you roll with strikes and see what they do to you.
They did not pop up on the gracie certified list
Will check, cheers

If a blue belt has been learning sport jiu jitsu and his on the bottom of guard and the top guy who is untrained throws punches whats to say he can defend them if he has never been taught how to
Also the sport jiu jitsu moves he has learnt will be really hard to use against a striking opponent, especially when they have not been taught distance management, as the moves are harder to do and some wont work when ur getting punched

I think Roger said 70 or 80% of jiu-jitsu is not applicable to MMA, not necessarily sport jiu jitsu.

For self defense, straight MMA classes are superior, and I do believe Gracie Academy pays English speaking people, most likely from the Philippines, to flood internet sites with the Gracie Academy brand.

Metamoris was supposed to be another vehicle much like the Pro-Am back in the days to keep GA relevant.

The whole sport vs street crap is played out. Sport BJJ is just fine for self defense because it will make you a much tougher version of yourself. It also provides all the tools needed to take down and choke out an untrained attacker with relative ease. Yes, strikes could potentially be a problem, but if I end up on top it's much less of problem. If nothing else a sport guy should easily be able to hold some untrained retard in guard and not take much damage. A lot of you self defense guys act as though untrained guys are experts at ground and pound. Have you guys ever watched YouTube videos where one guy knows just a little bjj, they normally win. Lol

So you don't want to talk about mount but just guard.

So you want to learn to play guard against a training partner that has boxing gloves but not allowed to use jiu jitsu skills as he is supposed to be untrained. ..

Why don't you learn Judo instead?

You could develop awesome throws and no untrained person would ever be able to take you down?

Imagine someone making these ludicrous claims about other sports:

Sport-Boxing? No gloves on the streets, bro! A you'll get knocked out by a real street fighter.

Sport-wrestling? No back points on the streets, bro! Those D-1 sport wrestlers will get killed when there are real punches.

Actually, there's no need to imagine. These are old TMA canards that NHB blasted ages ago. Obviously, there's still money to be made with such nonsense, and these scrubs are cleaning up.

I'm sure these GRACIE CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS would be much better off in a fist fight than Keenan.

Rener-Gracie.jpg

gracie11-376x668.jpg

Last edited:
The whole sport vs street crap is played out. Sport BJJ is just fine for self defense because it will make you a much tougher version of yourself. It also provides all the tools needed to take down and choke out an untrained attacker with relative ease. Yes, strikes could potentially be a problem, but if I end up on top it's much less of problem. If nothing else a sport guy should easily be able to hold some untrained retard in guard and not take much damage. A lot of you self defense guys act as though untrained guys are experts at ground and pound. Have you guys ever watched YouTube videos where one guy knows just a little bjj, they normally win. Lol
Yeah here is just two examples, although they did won they didnt win easily and copped damaged because their sport jiu jitsu moves didnt excatly fully work in the streets as it did in training where theres no striking

The 1st dude took no damage at all and put the dude in a position where he could have ripped his knee off. That's pretty good SD if you ask me. Truth is, there is no perfect answer for SD. Even if you train MMA there is always going to be someone bigger and badder than you. combat sports of any kind will give a pretty big advantage against untrained people.

The 1st dude took no damage at all and put the dude in a position where he could have ripped his knee off. That's pretty good SD if you ask me. Truth is, there is no perfect answer for SD. Even if you train MMA there is always going to be someone bigger and badder than you. combat sports of any kind will give a pretty big advantage against untrained people.
Of course. However there are good ways to specfically train for it. For eg if your gonna do mma and u want to learn jiu jitsu for yoyr ground game people learn the self defense aspect of it not the sport jiu jitsu version as its less effective

Also the second guy who relied on gi grips and that common sport jiu jitsu mistake of that underhook from side control?

Of course. However there are good ways to specfically train for it. For eg if your gonna do mma and u want to learn jiu jitsu for yoyr ground game people learn the self defense aspect of it not the sport jiu jitsu version as its less effective

Also the second guy who relied on gi grips and that common sport jiu jitsu mistake of that underhook from side control?

Please name all the successful self defense jiu jitsu in mma.

Because my knowledge is very limited in mma but most of the succesfull guys and girls are from a sport jiu jitsu background.

Even most of the Gracie's that fought mma did sport Bjj competitions.

Gi grips are very important to learn and I wish i trained in the gi sooner. The second you end up on top of someone they grab your shirt or clothing and hang on for dear life. Now you are stuck on the ground and can't get away.

Sport BJJ is good for mma and self defence, provided you base your jui jitsu around dominant positions and getting back on top. If you base your jui jitsu on winning only competitions where you can't be hit, then you will have issues when you can be hit. I rarely train with strikes but I am confident I can defend myself on the ground in guard or bottom mount from strikes... within reason. I can tell you I would never be there by choice when I could be dropping short elbows from side control or running away.

Please name all the successful self defense jiu jitsu in mma.

Because my knowledge is very limited in mma but most of the succesfull guys and girls are from a sport jiu jitsu background.

Even most of the Gracie's that fought mma did sport Bjj competitions.
Does not mean sport jiu jitsu works in mma
Obviously the techniques in sport jiu jitsu are much different to the techniques for bjj in mma
Pretty much all bjj guys in the ufc learn the bjj aspect for mma which is self defence not the sport version

No u have got it wrong, i wish they gap was small. I train in a sport jiu jitsu school right now. At white belt there is a big difference. .

If you grab some decently sized brown belt at your school and ask him to just punch you in the face during a roll do you think the sparring session would go well for you?

Back