Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Smolov day two, exact same as day one. Although I find myself already not wanting to be squatting lol. This is gonna suck dick. I’m going to stay the course though. I’m bored with Wendlers and with this much squatting I can’t help but see a positive body composition change.

I wish you nothing but gains. The pain will be there by default.

I'm the turtle in this one, lads!
My approach is slow and methodical, almost at a standstill

Day 3 of Smolov done. 5x5 with 380lbs, 1x3 with 407.5, 2x2 with 435, 1x1 with 490. Was supposed to do it yesterday but was busy. The workout got easier as I went along. Smoked the 490 with proper depth.

Noticing some forearm pain in the same forearm that hurts when I bench, the same one that popped while deadlifting with a mixed grip. Might have to bite the bullet and see a doctor about it.

Day 3 of Smolov done. 5x5 with 380lbs, 1x3 with 407.5, 2x2 with 435, 1x1 with 490. Was supposed to do it yesterday but was busy. The workout got easier as I went along. Smoked the 490 with proper depth.

Noticing some forearm pain in the same forearm that hurts when I bench, the same one that popped while deadlifting with a mixed grip. Might have to bite the bullet and see a doctor about it.
I was told low bar squatting is the reason for the season. Backed off of that and it’s getting better. Not sure how that would work with smolov but I rotate squt style now

Good luck, bud. I'm planning to do the Russian Squat Routine soon myself.

This is a press and squat competition....when am I supposed to do upper body work?

Well, technically the press works out your shoulders and upper chest, and the squat...is a great compound exercise for building mass for the entire body.

Well, technically the press works out your shoulders and upper chest, and the squat...is a great compound exercise for building mass for the entire body.
Yeah but Smolov is squatting only isn’t it? For 13 straight weeks?

I can’t believe I thought you guys seemed like ok dudes. Now you’re forcing my hand to also run Smolov at some point if I want any chance of getting some hot sauce and t-shirts.

Fuck you guys. :mad:

I can’t believe I thought you guys seemed like ok dudes. Now you’re forcing my hand to also run Smolov at some point if I want any chance of getting some hot sauce and t-shirts.

Fuck you guys. :mad:
I am chipping in a gift card to outback with 3 dollars left on it

there is no way i would ever run smolov except for the base program....i absolutely love the russian squat routine though

Things get pretty spicy pretty quickly on Smolov. Next week is tame, 1 set of 5 at a relatively moderate weight each day. Base cycle heats up and then there’s a max test. Then intense cycle starts. Should be interesting. Last time I ran Smolov I gained like 10lbs.

The key seems to be managing warm ups. No more than a triple until you reach your working weight

Yeah but Smolov is squatting only isn’t it? For 13 straight weeks?

I think you could do other exercises in conjunction with Smolov (except deadlifts, of course), but I would keep the intensity at a low-moderate level.

Slow and steady brothers, slow and steady! Or in my case, nothing at all!

Things get pretty spicy pretty quickly on Smolov. Next week is tame, 1 set of 5 at a relatively moderate weight each day. Base cycle heats up and then there’s a max test. Then intense cycle starts. Should be interesting. Last time I ran Smolov I gained like 10lbs.
I did Sheiko last time and got 20 pounds on each lift. Balancing that against trying to improve my physique this time though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back