Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

#fucksmolov
Nah man it was totally my fault. Did very little warming up. The weight was only 197.5 for 6x6. I’ve done 5x5 with 235 before. I should have taken into account that I hadn’t pressed in 2 weeks before jumping right into it.

Nah man it was totally my fault. Did very little warming up. The weight was only 197.5 for 6x6. I’ve done 5x5 with 235 before. I should have taken into account that I hadn’t pressed in 2 weeks before jumping right into it.

Monday I did 6x6 with 190 and today (Day 2) I've got 7x5 with 202.5 coming up.

My warmup was pretty much the same per the Bulgarian method. Did doubles and singles until I reached my working sets.

Day 2 of Smolov this week. 435x5 and then 8x3 with 315 to a 12 inch box for dynamic work. I figure if my upper back was fucked, what could help more than mashing it with a loaded barbell? I’ve been pain free since.

Day 3. 465x5 squat and then 7 sets of 5 on the press with 212.5. Worked over 60 hours this week so this last session was brutal.

8 sets of 4 with 227.5 on the press. Tomorrow begins the base cycle for squats.

I’ll say a few prayers for you.

Folks, I'll be embarking on a social media/internet diet in order to tend to my work and other matters that require my urgent attention. I'll be checking in this thread once in a while in the not-too-distant future to update my progress, but for now I'll have to log off and let myself adjust slowly to a life free of technological distractions.

Good luck on your progress, gentlemen, and I wish you the best of luck. I hope to see you guys stronger and kicking major ass six months from now.

Adieu!

380 for 4 Sets of 9 reps today on the squat. No grinders but the pump after each set was debilitating.

Did 10 sets of 3 with 240 after the squats. This is how I’m gonna run it. Squats and presses every day I’m in the gym. Earning those rest days.

I like that idea. Mainly because I don’t like to drive to the gym every day (I know you have a home gym though).

5 sets of 7 with 407.5lbs. Talk about a war. Third set, felt and heard a tearing sensation in my groin. My boxers didn’t make it.

Week 1 of the base cycle complete. The presses quickly fell off, didn’t do them the last two days. 435 for 7 sets of 5 yesterday and 465 for 10 sets of 3 today. Not too sore but I’m tired and hungry a lot.

I’m just running 2 3 4 5dead squat bench press for 5 sets each. Up the weight a bit each week. That and a bunch of bodybuilding stuff around it and my shoulder rehab. Easy. Sticking to highest weight I can do for last set without grinding. Working on abs poking through. Figure I’ll lean out some and settle for 50 pounds added total on squat and press at the end of this thing. Figure a 550 squat is just Barely reachable and a 250 press is too but would settle at 530 and 245

These sets of 9 are fucking MURDEROUS!! I’m two sets in and my legs are on fire. 385 4 sets of 9 if I don’t quit like a bitch.

Got em, smashed the last 9. Put on my PR song and hit every rep without stopping. The presses will have to wait though. Elbow still feeling funny after squatting.

With all the trolling and keyboard warrioring on this site, I forget we have some bonafide monsters hidden out on Sherdog. Some of you are hella impressive for sure

Anyways, anyway I can jump in on this late? Don’t see why not as it just puts me a month behind in progress on others. Been out of working out consistently since I got married. Been back for a little, having a goal to hit and friendly competition would help get me in the gym as often as possible rather than having too much fun in the summer as I did last year

Had a protein shake and did the presses. 8 sets of 4 with 230. Rest day tomorrow!

With all the trolling and keyboard warrioring on this site, I forget we have some bonafide monsters hidden out on Sherdog. Some of you are hella impressive for sure

Anyways, anyway I can jump in on this late? Don’t see why not as it just puts me a month behind in progress on others. Been out of working out consistently since I got married. Been back for a little, having a goal to hit and friendly competition would help get me in the gym as often as possible rather than having too much fun in the summer as I did last year

The more the merrier. Welcome, brother.

But first, you must present a permission slip from your wife before we can allow you in.

Back