Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Smolov day two, exact same as day one. Although I find myself already not wanting to be squatting lol. This is gonna suck dick. I’m going to stay the course though. I’m bored with Wendlers and with this much squatting I can’t help but see a positive body composition change.

I wish you nothing but gains. The pain will be there by default.

I'm the turtle in this one, lads!
My approach is slow and methodical, almost at a standstill

Day 3 of Smolov done. 5x5 with 380lbs, 1x3 with 407.5, 2x2 with 435, 1x1 with 490. Was supposed to do it yesterday but was busy. The workout got easier as I went along. Smoked the 490 with proper depth.

Noticing some forearm pain in the same forearm that hurts when I bench, the same one that popped while deadlifting with a mixed grip. Might have to bite the bullet and see a doctor about it.

Day 3 of Smolov done. 5x5 with 380lbs, 1x3 with 407.5, 2x2 with 435, 1x1 with 490. Was supposed to do it yesterday but was busy. The workout got easier as I went along. Smoked the 490 with proper depth.

Noticing some forearm pain in the same forearm that hurts when I bench, the same one that popped while deadlifting with a mixed grip. Might have to bite the bullet and see a doctor about it.
I was told low bar squatting is the reason for the season. Backed off of that and it’s getting better. Not sure how that would work with smolov but I rotate squt style now

Good luck, bud. I'm planning to do the Russian Squat Routine soon myself.

This is a press and squat competition....when am I supposed to do upper body work?

Well, technically the press works out your shoulders and upper chest, and the squat...is a great compound exercise for building mass for the entire body.

Well, technically the press works out your shoulders and upper chest, and the squat...is a great compound exercise for building mass for the entire body.
Yeah but Smolov is squatting only isn’t it? For 13 straight weeks?

I can’t believe I thought you guys seemed like ok dudes. Now you’re forcing my hand to also run Smolov at some point if I want any chance of getting some hot sauce and t-shirts.

Fuck you guys. :mad:

I can’t believe I thought you guys seemed like ok dudes. Now you’re forcing my hand to also run Smolov at some point if I want any chance of getting some hot sauce and t-shirts.

Fuck you guys. :mad:
I am chipping in a gift card to outback with 3 dollars left on it

there is no way i would ever run smolov except for the base program....i absolutely love the russian squat routine though

Things get pretty spicy pretty quickly on Smolov. Next week is tame, 1 set of 5 at a relatively moderate weight each day. Base cycle heats up and then there’s a max test. Then intense cycle starts. Should be interesting. Last time I ran Smolov I gained like 10lbs.

The key seems to be managing warm ups. No more than a triple until you reach your working weight

Yeah but Smolov is squatting only isn’t it? For 13 straight weeks?

I think you could do other exercises in conjunction with Smolov (except deadlifts, of course), but I would keep the intensity at a low-moderate level.

Slow and steady brothers, slow and steady! Or in my case, nothing at all!

Things get pretty spicy pretty quickly on Smolov. Next week is tame, 1 set of 5 at a relatively moderate weight each day. Base cycle heats up and then there’s a max test. Then intense cycle starts. Should be interesting. Last time I ran Smolov I gained like 10lbs.
I did Sheiko last time and got 20 pounds on each lift. Balancing that against trying to improve my physique this time though.

Back