Glory 43 New York at MSG [Friday, July 14]

What's up with the uptick in unprovoked attacks? I've even layed off of you for quite a while. Does the whole sub forum need to start putting you in your place again?
Oh come on you left yourself wide open with slopfest and how was "what she said" an attack? You, your other accounts and the rest of the subforum can try.

Oh come on you left yourself wide open with slopfest and how was "what she said" an attack? You, your other accounts and the rest of the subforum can try.
Okay, I gave you too much credit. I was of the impression that "she" was a reference to me and what I said, which would have been a good one but sadly you were merely throwing out a generic catch phrase. Carry on...

Congratulations to all of you who made money with the main event, that was a great bet indeed.

The fight itself showcased the sad state of affairs in HW prizefighting and Guto Inocente actually deserves a lifetime achievement award for pulling off these wins while being so flawed.

Gashi vs Jauncey up best moments uploaded by someone

notice how Jauncey haves no clue with Gashi walking back(avoiding being a standed target) when Jauncey try to rush him and start combinations

also look how hittable he is when Gashi walk forward with left crosses

well its not secret that i dislike Jauncey,but being honest,he have to do massive changes on his defense and game plan otherwise his chin will be over soon(and he already dont have a good one),on his fights on glory he got dropped against Stevelmans,Baumert,Baya,Gashi and also Wobbled hard against Moiseev in the 3rd round

I've mentioned quite a few times recently in this forum how much I have been enjoying Glory, especially the growth of their roster and the regularity of their cards. Their shoulder programming with fighter and trainer interviews, podcasts, behind the scenes segments and weigh-ins on YouTube are excellent for the engagement of fans as well. This card was no exception. I wish I would have posted here live when the card was broadcast on Fight Pass and ESPN, but I was watching my bets on Bellator Friday night and then busy watching the UFC, with work and other stuff the last few days. Anyway, I called it earlier in the thread that those main event odds were lopsided. Guto Inocente is my new main man! Looking forward to the Chicago card in August and the rest of their schedule this year.

h776r1Z.jpg

gwMLSVS.jpg

If they want more fans they really need to make better pre and post fight videos... they are so bland now no emotional engagement for the casual audience. Just some random background music with some meaningless clips of the fighters arriving at the hotel. Not that i care about those but i think it would help getting a bigger audience

Sensational, did you know something? It is strange you threw 200 dollars. In the opinion of majority, Adegbuyi won the first and last rounds. WITH AMERICAN judges.

If they want more fans they really need to make better pre and post fight videos... they are so bland now no emotional engagement for the casual audience. Just some random background music with some meaningless clips of the fighters arriving at the hotel. Not that i care about those but i think it would help getting a bigger audience
There is a lot more to the Glory pre-fight content than that. Are you also watching the podcast videos where they have Todd Grisham & Joseph Valtellini interview fighters and trainers? Or the segments where they go to some fighters gyms and show some training and interviews? Or the lifestyle segments where they show Benjamin Adegbuyi ordering in Italian at a restaurant in The Netherlands for example? Or the recap videos showing the states of the divisions' champions and contenders? Of course then there is the Inside Glory videos of the fight week goings on at the hotel that you referenced. Plus the weigh-in video which is very important.

And for the post-fight content is good as well. Sometimes there is a press conference. And always post-fight interviews with many of the winning fighters as well as the Glory matchmaker or CEO. Let's face it, this is 10x the effort of what any other kickboxing organization is doing to promote their brand!

Sensational, did you know something? It is strange you threw 200 dollars. In the opinion of majority, Adegbuyi won the first and last rounds. WITH AMERICAN judges.
I'm a regular weekly bettor on MMA, boxing and kickboxing to the extent that the latter is available, so a couple hundred dollars on a fight is not that unusual for me. In this case, as I explained pre-fight, the odds just seemed way too wide, especially against a fighter who only lost once in the promotion. It was also obvious that Guto was in better shape at the weigh-ins than recent fights, so I took that into consideration as well when taking a chance on a huge underdog. Heavyweights have a lot of power and Guto has been getting better since he dedicated himself to kickboxing full time, so it didn't seem so far fetched that he could win this fight by stoppage or decision. Having watched it now, I have to believe he won round 2 clearly on every judges' scorecard since he had Adegbuyi stumbling all over the place close to getting stopped, and lost round 3 since he gassed despite his apparent better conditioning. So the split round was surely round 1 where he got wobbled very early in the round after those near simultaneous blows that they both threw, but then came back to be more active with strikes for the rest of a close round which I assume two of three judges gave to Guto.

Last edited:
There is a lot more to the Glory pre-fight content than that. Are you also watching the podcast videos where they have Todd Grisham & Joseph Valtellini interview fighters and trainers? Or the segments where they go to some fighters gyms and show some training and interviews? Or the lifestyle segments where they show Benjamin Adegbuyi ordering in Italian at a restaurant in The Netherlands for example? Or the recap videos showing the states of the divisions' champions and contenders? Of course then there is the Inside Glory videos of the fight week goings on at the hotel that you referenced. Plus the weigh-in video which is very important.

And for the post-fight content is good as well. Sometimes there is a press conference. And always post-fight interviews with many of the winning fighters as well as the Glory matchmaker or CEO. Let's face it, this is 10x the effort of what any other kickboxing organization is doing to promote their brand!
Yeah but it's all so random i think they could improve the production and storyline on those

I've mentioned quite a few times recently in this forum how much I have been enjoying Glory, especially the growth of their roster and the regularity of their cards. Their shoulder programming with fighter and trainer interviews, podcasts, behind the scenes segments and weigh-ins on YouTube are excellent for the engagement of fans as well.

Really like the ~event a month regularity as well and all the youtube things they do. The roster though...

Back