Glory 43 New York at MSG [Friday, July 14]

I'm a regular weekly bettor on MMA, boxing and kickboxing to the extent that the latter is available, so a couple hundred dollars on a fight is not that unusual for me. In this case, as I explained pre-fight, the odds just seemed way too wide, especially against a fighter who only lost once in the promotion. It was also obvious that Guto was in better shape at the weigh-ins than recent fights, so I took that into consideration as well when taking a chance on a huge underdog. Heavyweights have a lot of power and Guto has been getting better since he dedicated himself to kickboxing full time, so it didn't seem so far fetched that he could win this fight by stoppage or decision. Having watched it now, I have to believe he won round 2 clearly on every judges' scorecard since he had Adegbuyi stumbling all over the place close to getting stopped, and lost round 3 since he gassed despite his apparent better conditioning. So the split round was surely round 1 where he got wobbled very early in the round after those near simultaneous blows that they both threw, but then came back to be more active with strikes for the rest of a close round which I assume two of three judges gave to Guto.

I am really impressed you still bet 200 dollars.

?

Just look at the number of views and likes these videos are getting. The fans are not really engaging.
That's really a separate issue. The reality of the small number of people who are actually watching Glory's YouTube content does not mean that they are not making an effort to provide entertaining content or that the content is not entertaining for those that want to be engaged, entertained and informed. This is a niche sport and judging by this forum where supposedly the hardest of the hardcore fans post, it seems a lot of kickboxing fans don't want to be bothered or think they're too cool or simply above engaging in any way unless it's to pine for the old days or to amuse themselves by criticism. It wouldn't matter how much time, money or effort Glory spent on this pre-fight and post-fight content or how awesome it was, most of you would ignore it anyway. I personally appreciate the effort they are making and hope they continue to do so.

That's really a separate issue. The reality of the small number of people who are actually watching Glory's YouTube content does not mean that they are not making an effort to provide entertaining content or that the content is not entertaining for those that want to be engaged, entertained and informed. This is a niche sport and judging by this forum where supposedly the hardest of the hardcore fans post, it seems a lot of kickboxing fans don't want to be bothered or think they're too cool or simply above engaging in any way unless it's to pine for the old days or to amuse themselves by criticism. It wouldn't matter how much time, money or effort Glory spent on this pre-fight and post-fight content or how awesome it was, most of you would ignore it anyway. I personally appreciate the effort they are making and hope they continue to do so.
Well compare it to similar stuff in boxing or mma the production isn't as good imo. It's not about not appreciating, i watch most of their stuff but much of it is boring and could use some improvement

Why is Glory still using dubstep music in their production? That was a horrible fad that died years ago.

I'm so critically amused right now... <Moves>

Well compare it to similar stuff in boxing or mma the production isn't as good imo. It's not about not appreciating, i watch most of their stuff but much of it is boring and could use some improvement

Glory doesn't have the budget to produce pieces the way the UFC or HBO boxing do. It's not like they have a whole lot to work with either, they have like 4 known fighters in each division and none of them have particularly boisterous personalities that will draw in casual fans.

Why isn't Glory putting Rico and Badr in sold out stadiums for press conferences?

Glory doesn't have the budget to produce pieces the way the UFC or HBO boxing do. It's not like they have a whole lot to work with either, they have like 4 known fighters in each division and none of them have particularly boisterous personalities that will draw in casual fans.
They could do some intriguing "fight trailers/promos" for the mainfights, for example Doumbe vs Groenhart. That shitty music in the video with some random clips just doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't think guys like Canelo or Maidana have a boisterous personality either?

:))))))) UFC is shit, they barely have 2 guys in each division. Boxing is a serious sport but also lacks serious fighters. In Europe, people are doing kickboxing more than boxing in this moment. From all these 3 fighting sports, boxing is the most serious but it"s also laughable like MMA because of the poor roster of fighters.

I mean if we are going to criticize roster depth, Kickboxing is probably the worst in combat sports. Let's be real...

Glory has a relatively poor roster but my point is to win the audience you need to engage them emotionally. It's simple marketing psychology. Having a poor roster is no excuse for making bland promo videos.

Glory has a relatively poor roster but my point is to win the audience you need to engage them emotionally. It's simple marketing psychology. Having a poor roster is no excuse for making bland promo videos.
You also have to have the right people to captivate that. I really can't see anyone sparking an emotional response in Glory outside of Rico vs Badr.

Maybe the Thais in Glory should start talking shit about RVR?

Glory Thais might amount to pretty much Yodkhunpon at this point :p Nah j/k...we'll probably see Pet back also but others who knows.

I think something like this is good.

Instead of videos of Cedric Doumbe cooking chicken or whatever it was. Most guys in Glory are more boisterous than Kiria anyway.

Back