Glass chins.

I don't know if he's still active but Seth Mitchell has a pretty shit chin as well.

what happend at wild card?
He was very disrespectful, back then there was only a flight of stairs to get in to the gym, he was sitting there playing with his wraps I think, as I was making my way up he made no eye contact, did not even acknowledge I was there trying to get in so I had to squezze by and leap pass him, still the asshole didnt make any attemp to move, aaparently everyone at the the time had nothing nice to say about him.

How so? The guy looks like a girraffe on ice when he gets tagged and his recovery is some of the worst I've seen at the elite level.
Honestly though, how many people get up from that picture perfect no look left hook of Danny Garcia's when it lands flush? Barely any, hell Erik Morales got pretzeled by it and he has a great chin. Amir Khan got up & recovered multiple times while taking bombs against a puncher in Danny.
Canelo Alvarez shot would ko anyone except golovkin apparently if they don't see it coming, picture perfect right hand on the chin.
Breidis Prescott's combination on him (and we know breidis is another very good puncher) was just ridiculous, right hand on the chin follow by a perfect left hook. He managed to get up.
Marcos Maidana hit him with the signature overhand right many times in the fight, he recovered each time albeit was in serious serious trouble in one of the rounds, but if I recall he didn't even go down.

It's not his chin, its the punches he gets hit with, his defense and lack of defensive awareness Imo

He was very disrespectful, back then there was only a flight of stairs to get in to the gym, he was sitting there playing with his wraps I think, as I was making my way up he made no eye contact, did not even acknowledge I was there trying to get in so I had to squezze by and leap pass him, still the asshole didnt make any attemp to move, aaparently everyone at the the time had nothing nice to say about him.
he probably is an asshole, that doesn't sound like much proof though.

THIS

a lot of people seem to think he just never took a shot, but Ruiz caught him and he didnt fall to pieces

Its going to be hard to explain Roy Jones Jr in 20 years time
ruiz didn't catch him that clean, i saw him get hit in the first and shaken a bit, Ruiz wasn't a real ballsy guy, it would have taken balls to land a good punch on Roy and Roy was a master at taking someone's heart before they got to him, that's my opinion. Some people think his chin aged, i never believed that theory myself, did ali's chin age? did george chuvalo's chin age? did foreman's chin age? so, he just never had a chin and no one had the balls to test it. So we had a slew of guys who came in, might have tried until they got caught and then just decided to survive. roy, when he got kayoed, got kayoed just like a guy who never took a shot in his life, all kinds of dramatics because their body is in shock.

Honestly though, how many people get up from that picture perfect no look left hook of Danny Garcia's when it lands flush? Barely any, hell Erik Morales got pretzeled by it and he has a great chin. Amir Khan got up & recovered multiple times while taking bombs against a puncher in Danny.
Canelo Alvarez shot would ko anyone except golovkin apparently if they don't see it coming, picture perfect right hand on the chin.
Breidis Prescott's combination on him (and we know breidis is another very good puncher) was just ridiculous, right hand on the chin follow by a perfect left hook. He managed to get up.
Marcos Maidana hit him with the signature overhand right many times in the fight, he recovered each time albeit was in serious serious trouble in one of the rounds, but if I recall he didn't even go down.

It's not his chin, its the punches he gets hit with, his defense and lack of defensive awareness Imo
Lots of guys have stood up to Garcia's best shots. Canelo's too, though Khan could be forgiven for moving up in weight.

molina can crack

he hurt prime aerreola worse than deontay
Prime nipples is a mythical being who never turns up in shape, blocks punches with his face and generally is a wtf are people smoking choice for a hw belt opportunity.

i am 100 percent positive that erislglassdry lara is packing glass.

glass body, glass chin, glass heart

thats why he hasnt fought anything but garbage, sans vanes, going on four years.

hurd, if he doesnt get cut, is going to ktfo lara and thats why erisglassdry wants nothing to do with him

Prime nipples is a mythical being who never turns up in shape, blocks punches with his face and generally is a wtf are people smoking choice for a hw belt opportunity.

i wasnt talking about prime aerreolas skillset or work ethic

i was talking about prime aeereolas punch resistance

i wasnt talking about prime aerreolas skillset or work ethic

i was talking about prime aeereolas punch resistance
So you're saying he's a better version of Homer Simpson?

So you're saying he's a better version of Homer Simpson?

im saying that prime aerreola had very good punch resistance and that eric molina rocking deontay wilder is nothing to be surprised by

im saying that prime aerreola had very good punch resistance and that eric molina rocking deontay wilder is nothing to be surprised by
I'm saying he didn't have a prime because he never showed up in shape. I don't think we are far apart on our opinions of the fighter.

All this talk about Roy Jones, I don't think he ever had a terrible chin until he came down in weight. He shouldn't have fought Glen Johnson after coming getting knocked out by Tarver so soon. Getting knocked out twice in 4 months is a lot. I think that hurt him. The dropping back down from heavyweight, I think took any chin that he had left away. Physically, you lose something when you drop weight and if you have to dehydrate that cuts even more from your chin. Toney moved up like Roy but never dropped back down. I an guarantee that Toney got blasted with much harder stuff than he ever did at his natural weight.

All this talk about Roy Jones, I don't think he ever had a terrible chin until he came down in weight. He shouldn't have fought Glen Johnson after coming getting knocked out by Tarver so soon. Getting knocked out twice in 4 months is a lot. I think that hurt him. The dropping back down from heavyweight, I think took any chin that he had left away. Physically, you lose something when you drop weight and if you have to dehydrate that cuts even more from your chin. Toney moved up like Roy but never dropped back down. I an guarantee that Toney got blasted with much harder stuff than he ever did at his natural weight.
The Roy talk is understandable. He was out of this world in his prime and became a walking ko later. Someone was saying it'll be difficult to describe him in a few years but it really isn't. He was amazing in his prime and couldn't stop fighting and ended up with losses that look awful. Roy was special, as soon as we piss on his legacy we might as well stop watching the sport.

There was a good write up on Roy that ESPN did a while ago. A lot of the reason Roy has slowed down so much is his knees are gone. Pretty sure he cant’t do any running, thus he doesn’t have the cardio to fight the way he used to. He’s not a big guy and without movement became a sitting duck, especially without the cardio to keep up his workrate and thus keeping guys off of him.

When glass chins are mentioned, I always think of Terry Norris and Tommy Morrison. Khan and Price are good calls for active fighters.

I wouldn't say it's glass but I don't think Kov necessarily has the best chin.

When glass chins are mentioned, I always think of Terry Norris and Tommy Morrison. Khan and Price are good calls for active fighters.
Norris could even have been in the conversation with the fabulous four if not for the beard.

There was a good write up on Roy that ESPN did a while ago. A lot of the reason Roy has slowed down so much is his knees are gone. Pretty sure he cant’t do any running, thus he doesn’t have the cardio to fight the way he used to. He’s not a big guy and without movement became a sitting duck, especially without the cardio to keep up his workrate and thus keeping guys off of him.
ya, i read that, his knees are gone like a lot of older fighters. It rung a bell with me because i thought it was his legs that gave out first (like all fighters) and it left him vulnerable and confused. I first saw clinton woods hurt him when he went to the ropes, I still remember thinking "not a good sign, he might be getting to that age".

Back