Glass chins.

Do fighters chins "go" in boxing? Seems to happen in MMA a bit, Chuck Liddell is one prime example.
Roy Jones is a pretty obvious example. Went from never really being visibly hurt to getting crumpled everytime he got touched.

Khan has a weak chin, but the real issue is his recovery. He takes forever to recover from being hurt. He was hurt for a whole round against Maidana, and after getting dropped and hurt by Garcia in one round, he went right back to being hurt seconds into the next round.

Prescott would have ko’d anyone that night that stood in front of him, weight drained or not

Who did Prescott KO of any note other than Khan? Knocking out a bunch of bums doesn't mean you have great power.

Who did Prescott KO of any note other than Khan?
Coming into the Khan fight Prescott was undefeated and had only one or two fights go the distance, he didnt ko anyone of note but did decision Richar Abril , Khan tried to beat him at his own game and paid for it

Anyone else fought the way Khan did would have gotten ko’ed too

I think Wilder has a weak chin too. He got dropped in the amateurs, which is never a good sign, and rocked by Molina.

Doesn't help that he leads with his chin out as he lunges in with his punches. The man is blessed with godly power, but he does so much wrong that I can't even be mad at him for not fighting the top HW's. He's a knockout waiting to happen.

Coming into the Khan fight Prescott was undefeated and had only one or two fights go the distance, he didnt ko anyone of note but did decision Richar Abril , Khan tried to beat him at his own game and paid for it

Anyone else fought the way Khan did would have gotten ko’ed too

Then, not only does Khan have a weak chin, he also has a low ring IQ.

Doesn't help that he pitches out when he lunges in with his punches. The man is blessed with godly power, but he does so much wrong that I can't even be mad at him for not fighting the top HW's. He's a knockout waiting to happen.

His footwork is terrible as well. Some of the worst I've ever seen, not just in the HW division, but in ANY division.

Khans chin is definitely terrible

I think wilder has a suspect chin

Roy Jones is a pretty obvious example. Went from never really being visibly hurt to getting crumpled everytime he got touched.

THIS

a lot of people seem to think he just never took a shot, but Ruiz caught him and he didnt fall to pieces

Its going to be hard to explain Roy Jones Jr in 20 years time

Personally i think a fighters style can play into their 'chin' a guy like Khan (who probably has a suspect chin as well but his style doesn't help) who stands up tall on his tip toes very side on and makes silly tactical decisions for the sake of throwing his own punches will always have a harder time taking a shot than a guy like GGG (who has a great natural chin as well as his style) who has very good feet and stands a little squarer and lower in his stance so he's more likely to take shots higher on the head and be able to absorb them better due to being on balance.

He got hurt vs Julio Diaz.
Also dropped. And people wonder why he never got the big money fights he wanted until Canelo.

This. This guy was a magician at hiding his chin during his prime but got figured out when he slowed down.

Does anyone not remember Khan prior to Garcia and not bring up Prescott????

And im a guy who had an unpleasant experience with Khan at the Wild Card, hes a complete peice of crap as a person.

Complete prick he is. Hated in the UK.

When Prescott KO’d him it was fantastic.

Doesn't help that he leads with his chin out as he lunges in with his punches. The man is blessed with godly power, but he does so much wrong that I can't even be mad at him for not fighting the top HW's. He's a knockout waiting to happen.

That makes it fun though. His fights are going to end one way, with someone getting knocked out. As opposed to the Klits who have nasty power but settle for just throwing arm punches.

David Price doesn't exactly have an iron chin.

Does anyone not remember Khan prior to Garcia and not bring up Prescott????

And im a guy who had an unpleasant experience with Khan at the Wild Card, hes a complete peice of crap as a person.

what happend at wild card?

That makes it fun though. His fights are going to end one way, with someone getting knocked out. As opposed to the Klits who have nasty power but settle for just throwing arm punches.

He is an interesting watch. I'll give him that.

David Price doesn't exactly have an iron chin.

I laughed at that....looked like he had all the tools but just fell apart as soon as he was asked to move for more than 3 minutes and not get punched in the face

Back