Give me one good reason why DJ isn't GOAT.... | Page 7

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Touch of Death, Oct 9, 2017.

1. KillMeGod Double Yellow Card

KillMeGod
    Mighty Mouse is definitely the most talented fighter we have ever seen. He is easily #1.

Touch of Death likes this.
  2. politozx7r Brown Belt

politozx7r
    Hahahahhahahahah hahahahahhahaha
    Post of the day right here boys

3. Takamine86 Black Belt

Takamine86
    lol. Well, he was the first and only UFC flyweight champ

4. politozx7r Brown Belt

politozx7r
    Fedor lost to a middle weight yes he has some big wins but it is a padded record we’re as jones and Gsp fight the best right through

5. storeybuckle Purple Belt

storeybuckle
    He's very skilled, he's ruled a division that's been around for a few years. However he's competing in an extremely shallow division we're the talent pool is lacking

6. daniel san Brown Belt

daniel san
    Well, obviously height, size and PPV sales aren't reflective on how good a fighter is so why even bring that up?

MM is not the GOAT (yet) because he hasn't faced top notch competition. It's not unlikely that he has improved enough to beat elite BWs but we simply don't know since he hasn't tried it for years. He is impressive as hell though and so is his win streak. The one thing I would bring up in regards to size, is that the smaller you are the easier you can get away with things. As a HW, one mistake and there is a high risk you are getting knocked out and it's not exactly the same for a FlW. His win streak is really good but a far inferior fighter at MW/LHW has a higher chance of pulling off the upset than a FlW.

7. Shaddows Gold Belt

Shaddows
    If you didn't read my post just so you could claim he ducked TJ, then you are indeed being willfull ignorant.

Like that kid who puts his hands over his ears and scream "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

DJ was forced to fight Borg.
    Then the UFC wanted to switch to TJ. No bump in pay, nothing.
    DJ said no because it wasn't fair.
    Then Dana tried to bully him, and he said "OK, I'll fight him. But if he does not make weight, you pay me in full, like I won the fight" and the UFC did not accept that.

And you claiming "he always made weight is dumb, seeing that he never fought at that WC...

BTW: how do you explain DJ wanting to fight the champ in Cody but being afraid of TJ?? Sorry, you can't.

Touch of Death likes this.
  8. Relentless chase The one and only

Relentless chase
    Dude you're so wrong!! the fight would've been more money! there was more money in the TJ fight and DJ turned it down, turning it down then made Dana mad because MM is all about wanting the get paid more and all of that. TJ was getting down in weight, key word "getting" meaning he was leaning on down and could've made weight and actually takes his stuff seriously. DJ dodged TJ. if he would've fought Cody, then why couldn't TJ come down in weight to fight him for the belt to beat Silva's record? makes no sense, right?! S-C-A-R-E-D little pussy. He would rather go up to fight Cody, but yet when someone wants to go down to fight him, he wants to find an alternative and fight someone who shouldn't even be in the title picture! no "GOAT" would EVER do that. that's why he isn't GOAT. skill wise, he's great, but he's scared of real competition. I could go on and on and onnnnnnnn for dayssssssss. point of the matter is, DJ ducked Dillashaw, you know it and you can't pull anything on me. this fight would've made him more money, Dillashaw even said so on live TV, so how can you argue that with me??? lmao.

JKS likes this.
  9. Relentless chase The one and only

Relentless chase
    Yes dude! my point exactly.

politozx7r likes this.
  10. JKS 77+&--#rT....

JKS
    He is the greatest FW of all time and it's not even in question about that. As far as the greatest fighter of all time?? No...sorry he's not because the level of competition that he's beating is not the level of fighters that Anderson, GSP and Jones were beating. The 125 lb division in the UFC is the least developed , most of his wins are over fighters who have very little experience fighting at a high level. Out of his wins the only guy who really had this was Benevidez who was a contender in the WEC and UFC and a consistent top 5 fighter. Aside from that none of his competition were champions or even had a prior title fight in the UFC, his competition were fighters who entered the top 5 for the first time in their career in a shallow division and got a title shot right away. Granted that GSP and Anderson had a few guys on their title defenses like that as well, but those two had at least 4/5 wins over some pretty elite level fighters.

DJ's division is holding him back because as I said its the least developed in the UFC in terms of elite level competition. I just can't say he's the greatest fighter ever when his title reign has names like Cariaso, Moraga, Baugotinov, Elliot, Borg, Horiguchi, Reis, on it. I need to see how he would do vs a TJ or Cody if they stepped down to fight him.

I think he's among the best fighters ever skills wise, that goes without any question and a top 5 goat all time, just not the greatest. I dont think there is a definitive goat in mma.

11. ib313 Brown Belt

ib313

Wait... your title says give a reason that isn't skills based, but your examples of BS are all non-skill examples.

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

12. The GIF Poster Orange Belt

The GIF Poster
  13. bigmacbub Green Belt

bigmacbub
    MM long should have tested himself with a real fight. He literally took the easiest route. Ray fucking Borg lmfao. I would have considered GOAT if he sacked up and fought TJ or Cruz. Fuck it Benevidez but nah he'll take Borg to pass Anderson. Pretty weak imo. How anyone could even fathom putting MM above Fedor is incredibly mind blowing.
    Edit: MM is FLW GOAT.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    myjohnson9 likes this.
  14. myjohnson9 GOAT

myjohnson9
    Jones fought Stephen Bonnar, a bunch of MWs Chael, Vitor, Lyoto, Rashad, and a bunch of big names past their prime. His only great wins are Gus and DC and he lost rounds to both of them.

GSP is the clear #2 GOaT and cleaned out the best of his division for almost as long as Fedor did. But Fedor didn't play it safe and still didn't lose rounds.

Fedor
    GSP
    Jones
    Silva
    MM
    Aldo
    In that order

15. Shaddows Gold Belt

Shaddows
    Again, willful ignorant at play.

Here, an actual quote of the whole issue. Readup or STFU because you are being a hypocrite to have the actual quote and continue lying about it (yes, lying. Because one thing is if you didn't know. But I just showed you prof and you keep trying to deny offering nothing but your dumb ass lies):
    TLDR: DJ wanted Pettis. UFC forced Borg on him. He accepted anyway.
    then UFC changed to TJ without giving him anything extra m(no PPV points).
    So he refused.
    Dana tried to bully him claiming he would fold the division. DJ called his bluff, Dana STFU and DJ fought Borg.
    End of story.

edit: link

16. kingT Orange Belt

kingT
    Because I can destroy him with ease and I'm not even a professional fighter

17. Relentless chase The one and only

Relentless chase
    Dude you're such a fucking bitch, I swear. you POS, it's on the fucking Internet for crying out loud, plus it was on TV. damn you're an idiot. I remember TJ coming on "UFC Tonight" and they interviewed him and he talked about it. idgaf what you have to say about it, you're a troll and that's that.

18. PancraseForever Yellow Card

PancraseForever
    The same reason Ronda Rousey wasn't when she was humiliating the WMMA division.

19. Praetor Shinzon Sherdog of Remus

Praetor Shinzon
    Can't be the GOAT if you're not a heavyweight. Stipe, Werdum, even past prime bar brawler Fedor would straight kill MM in a fight. There is a reason a roided up Jones even ducked Heavyweight. Thats where the baddest men in the MMA world fight. If you aren't one of them, you're not the GOAT.

20. Shaddows Gold Belt

Shaddows
    LOL! So I provided an actual quote from DJ, with the link to the site, and you try to deny and curse & cry at me...
    as I said, you are an idiot with an opinion. A biased opinion that is. And based on a lie.
    And you know it is a lie, but you don't care because you are a hypocrite.

You are done because truth just humiliated you.

Go cry in a dark corner, screaming you are right because you want to be right. That won't make you right, but you will feel better because there will be no people with common sense to tell you how much of a fucking idiot you are.