Give me one good reason why DJ isn't GOAT.... | Page 6

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Touch of Death, Oct 9, 2017.

1. GSP_37 Gold Belt

GSP_37
    The closest thing to a top rival was Benevides. Mighty Mouse didn't really seem to have any really good opponents who wrecked everyone on their way to shitle tot.

2. Wintermute White Belt

Wintermute
    His resume

3. Roljo Brown Belt

Roljo
    even not speaking about the skill, amateurs in a way that they have to do a side job just to be able to fight, mm was doing so for a while and that being the champion so i imagine the most of other guys can't make enough to do this full time

4. executionermma Welcher Belt

executionermma
    because FLW is a weak division

5. Melas Chasma Black Belt

Melas Chasma
    Have you ever stopped to think what makes you believe that? There are about as many FLWs globally as LHWs and HWs, so based on that those three weightclassed are equally deep. You think LHW or HW cant be GOAT either? Or do you think popularity is what determines how good fighter someone is? Use your head...

6. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    The amount of talk about the "GOAT" in such a young sport is funny if not ridiculous. If we're talking about how his resume stacks up to Silva, Jones, GSP, and Fedor, he's likely a touch behind all of them (although, he's only 31, getting better, and two of those fighters have been caught doping). If we're talking his total skillset, I'd argue he's probably more impressive than any of them, but that's a highly subjective conversation. What is beyond discussion is the fact that he has truly come to embody excellence within this sport, and that's he's rather clearly operating above everyone else in the sport in a p4p sense (if we're to understand the p4p rankings as we do in boxing, which is where you all got the ranking from to begin with).

7. TankAbbott4Eva Black Belt

TankAbbott4Eva
    He doesn't main event.

8. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    Ray Robinson didn't always main event, either. I expect more from someone who occasionally posts in the boxing forum.

9. Oeshon ช่างมันเถอะ

Oeshon
    He literally couldn't win a fight against even the worst LHW or HW in the UFC.

10. TankAbbott4Eva Black Belt

TankAbbott4Eva
    I am stirring the pot a bit i'll admit.

In saying that I think he should have sacked up and taken on Dillashaw, especially since he was going to come down to 125 for the fight. I never blamed GSP for not going up to fight Anderson, or for Anderson for not going up to fight Jones, or Jones for not going up to fight Cain. But if they're willing to come to your weight, you should take them on.

You mentioned Ray there, he used to go between MW and WW like it was nothing, that's one reason he was the GOAT that's for sure, plus everything else.

11. Psychedelic Black Belt

Psychedelic
    Ducking TJ.

12. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    After being fucked around to begin with, why would he decide to choose Dillashaw as an opponent (especially after it was made known that they didn't care to see him fight Garbrandt - the champion, a better fighter than Dillashaw, and a man who Johnson was willing to fight - and instead only wanted him to give "TJ a chance" for no extra money and no guarantees even when Dillashaw had never even tried to make FlyW)? No prize fighter makes that choice. Do you think that Ray Robinson, someone known for being absurdly petty in negotiations, would go for that? Johnson will move up eventually (and he's already outsized by most FlyWs) and even before he does, he'll likely get a fight with Garbrandt at FlyW (and likely win as Garbrandt will kill himself to get down to the weight). How MMA fans don't appreciate a fighter like Johnson would be beyond me if I didn't already realize how pathetically shitty the fanbase is as a whole.

13. Shaddows Gold Belt

Shaddows
    well, then we know who is closing his eyes, don't we?
    You can refuse to read, but it doesn't change the fact you are playing willful ignorance.

14. Brit_Brawler Black Belt

Brit_Brawler
    I don’t believe he would even beat mid tier guys just one weight class above. Fedor was undersized in virtually every fight. Jones could beat some heavy weights etc

Seaside likes this.
  15. Relentless chase The one and only

Relentless chase
    How am I being ignorant by stating facts bro? tf?! I'm just relaying what actually happened. it would be different if he didn't actually duck TJ, but he did. TJ was ready, he was getting down in weight, it would've been more money.. he was ready to step in and fight DJ, but for some reason DJ turned it down? yea he might've thought it was unfair to give TJ a shot, and not Borg, but TJ actually was a champion before, hasn't had weight issues, and comes to fight. the way Ray Borg fought tells me he's inexperienced. he needs more experience before fighting for a world title in the UFC. that's what gets me about him, is how he doged a former champion to fight a guy that doesn't take MMA seriously just to beat Silva's record..?

16. Seaside Comisario de transporte Platinum planet.

Seaside
    Lost 2x I'm prime
    Is really small
    Weak division

17. politozx7r Brown Belt

politozx7r
    The reason I think it’s hardest for DJ to be a goat is the same reason stipe won’t be goat.

The division is thin.
    Where as 155 and 170 is stacked because it’s closer to the average human weight and height so there’s so many people.

Gsp cleared the toughest division in the ufc twice.

He faced guys on huge win streaks and guys who were champs either ufc or in other divisions.

Gsp beat the best WW besides himself twice.
    9 time champ Hughes
    Beat 2 division champ penn twice
    Beat Strikeforce ww champ Diaz
    Beat strikwforce mw champ shields
    Beat ufc champ Serra
    Beat ufc champ condit
    Beat wsof champ fitch
    Beat 155 champ sherk
    Beat a juiced up alves who was killing everyone
    Beat a juiced up 212lbs Hendricks
    Beat ncaa div 1 champ kos twice

If you don’t recognize this then you’re either a newer mma fan or it is you who is dilusional.

For fun pull up Gsp’s record or jones record and I promise you that you will not find a better record and harder road then theirs.
    12 time ufc champ Gsp is the goat and in 4 weeks he will prove it one time time to become a 2 weight 13 time champ on the most impressive win streak and better than jones.

Also yes jones was a juicer that’s why I hold Gsp at #1 or jones would be there right now

18. politozx7r Brown Belt

politozx7r
    In the ufc’s Thinnest division.

Do that at ww like Gsp then u deserve to be called the Goat goat

19. Seaside Comisario de transporte Platinum planet.

Seaside
    In Fedor defense he fought Werdum in 2010 then went fight outo of prime washed up fighters

20. politozx7r Brown Belt

politozx7r
    I know and the crazy thing is DJ said that tj won’t make weight meanwhile Borg missed 3 times and even pulled out lmao

He was scared homie

Relentless chase likes this.