Give me one good reason why DJ isn't GOAT....

The closest thing to a top rival was Benevides. Mighty Mouse didn't really seem to have any really good opponents who wrecked everyone on their way to shitle tot.

Amateurs?

I mean, you don't have to think he's GOAT material, but calling his opponents amateurs is a bit much.
even not speaking about the skill, amateurs in a way that they have to do a side job just to be able to fight, mm was doing so for a while and that being the champion so i imagine the most of other guys can't make enough to do this full time

No real way to compare him to other fighters in better divisions.

Have you ever stopped to think what makes you believe that? There are about as many FLWs globally as LHWs and HWs, so based on that those three weightclassed are equally deep. You think LHW or HW cant be GOAT either? Or do you think popularity is what determines how good fighter someone is? Use your head...

The amount of talk about the "GOAT" in such a young sport is funny if not ridiculous. If we're talking about how his resume stacks up to Silva, Jones, GSP, and Fedor, he's likely a touch behind all of them (although, he's only 31, getting better, and two of those fighters have been caught doping). If we're talking his total skillset, I'd argue he's probably more impressive than any of them, but that's a highly subjective conversation. What is beyond discussion is the fact that he has truly come to embody excellence within this sport, and that's he's rather clearly operating above everyone else in the sport in a p4p sense (if we're to understand the p4p rankings as we do in boxing, which is where you all got the ranking from to begin with).

Ray Robinson didn't always main event, either. I expect more from someone who occasionally posts in the boxing forum.

I am stirring the pot a bit i'll admit.

In saying that I think he should have sacked up and taken on Dillashaw, especially since he was going to come down to 125 for the fight. I never blamed GSP for not going up to fight Anderson, or for Anderson for not going up to fight Jones, or Jones for not going up to fight Cain. But if they're willing to come to your weight, you should take them on.

You mentioned Ray there, he used to go between MW and WW like it was nothing, that's one reason he was the GOAT that's for sure, plus everything else.

I am stirring the pot a bit i'll admit.

In saying that I think he should have sacked up and taken on Dillashaw, especially since he was going to come down to 125 for the fight. I never blamed GSP for not going up to fight Anderson, or for Anderson for not going up to fight Jones, or Jones for not going up to fight Cain. But if they're willing to come to your weight, you should take them on.

You mentioned Ray there, he used to go between MW and WW like it was nothing, that's one reason he was the GOAT that's for sure, plus everything else.

After being fucked around to begin with, why would he decide to choose Dillashaw as an opponent (especially after it was made known that they didn't care to see him fight Garbrandt - the champion, a better fighter than Dillashaw, and a man who Johnson was willing to fight - and instead only wanted him to give "TJ a chance" for no extra money and no guarantees even when Dillashaw had never even tried to make FlyW)? No prize fighter makes that choice. Do you think that Ray Robinson, someone known for being absurdly petty in negotiations, would go for that? Johnson will move up eventually (and he's already outsized by most FlyWs) and even before he does, he'll likely get a fight with Garbrandt at FlyW (and likely win as Garbrandt will kill himself to get down to the weight). How MMA fans don't appreciate a fighter like Johnson would be beyond me if I didn't already realize how pathetically shitty the fanbase is as a whole.

Lmao I stopped at TJ was a business dispute. that's a fucking lie and you know it! HE DUCKED TJ!! Dana even said it was gonna make him more money. TJ was ready to step in and MM dogged a bullet. dude I really didn't even read past what you said and honestly I could give two shits what you said.
well, then we know who is closing his eyes, don't we?
You can refuse to read, but it doesn't change the fact you are playing willful ignorance.

I don’t believe he would even beat mid tier guys just one weight class above. Fedor was undersized in virtually every fight. Jones could beat some heavy weights etc

well, then we know who is closing his eyes, don't we?
You can refuse to read, but it doesn't change the fact you are playing willful ignorance.
How am I being ignorant by stating facts bro? tf?! I'm just relaying what actually happened. it would be different if he didn't actually duck TJ, but he did. TJ was ready, he was getting down in weight, it would've been more money.. he was ready to step in and fight DJ, but for some reason DJ turned it down? yea he might've thought it was unfair to give TJ a shot, and not Borg, but TJ actually was a champion before, hasn't had weight issues, and comes to fight. the way Ray Borg fought tells me he's inexperienced. he needs more experience before fighting for a world title in the UFC. that's what gets me about him, is how he doged a former champion to fight a guy that doesn't take MMA seriously just to beat Silva's record..?

Lost 2x I'm prime
Is really small
Weak division

That isn't skill based.

No BS about his height, PPV numbers etc.

You can't.
The reason I think it’s hardest for DJ to be a goat is the same reason stipe won’t be goat.

The division is thin.
Where as 155 and 170 is stacked because it’s closer to the average human weight and height so there’s so many people.

Gsp cleared the toughest division in the ufc twice.

He faced guys on huge win streaks and guys who were champs either ufc or in other divisions.

Gsp beat the best WW besides himself twice.
9 time champ Hughes
Beat 2 division champ penn twice
Beat Strikeforce ww champ Diaz
Beat strikwforce mw champ shields
Beat ufc champ Serra
Beat ufc champ condit
Beat wsof champ fitch
Beat 155 champ sherk
Beat a juiced up alves who was killing everyone
Beat a juiced up 212lbs Hendricks
Beat ncaa div 1 champ kos twice

If you don’t recognize this then you’re either a newer mma fan or it is you who is dilusional.

For fun pull up Gsp’s record or jones record and I promise you that you will not find a better record and harder road then theirs.
12 time ufc champ Gsp is the goat and in 4 weeks he will prove it one time time to become a 2 weight 13 time champ on the most impressive win streak and better than jones.

Also yes jones was a juicer that’s why I hold Gsp at #1 or jones would be there right now

JJ cleared out a stacked LHW division granted on GEAR having popped multiple times. Anderson cleared out MW despite popping. GSP cleared out WW despite ducking a PRE USADA era and HENDRICKS rematch. DJ ducked TJ, refused to fight, and picks to pad his record with canlets. I was more impressed with Borg who I never heard of before taking a thrashing then DJ padding his record and running away from a TJ fight. Paper champ is paper. Also, GOAT MANLET status doesn't sell.

If DJ called out winner of Cody vs TJ, people would have respected him more but, he doesn't because he hopes to pad record more with canlets. Fedor was the GOAT Can crusher but, DJ has stole that title.

In Fedor defense he fought Werdum in 2010 then went fight outo of prime washed up fighters

He ducked Dillashaw, who would've been the realist competition he's fought by far since Cruz. there's so many things that make Anderson Silva, GSP, Jones, Fedor, Aldo, etc. GOAT's, they WEREN'T scared of real competition nor did they duck opponents and take the easy way out. I think it's wrong to call MM the GOAT just because of his skill. other than skill, he offers no threat.
I know and the crazy thing is DJ said that tj won’t make weight meanwhile Borg missed 3 times and even pulled out lmao

He was scared homie

Back