Give me one good reason why DJ isn't GOAT....

There should never be "P4P GOAT" discussions...it's a pointless argument for people who just like to argue, and there are too many variables to come to any consensus.

MM is the GOAT for his weight class, no question.

JJ cleared out a stacked LHW division granted on GEAR having popped multiple times. Anderson cleared out MW despite popping. GSP cleared out WW despite ducking a PRE USADA era and HENDRICKS rematch. DJ ducked TJ, refused to fight, and picks to pad his record with canlets. I was more impressed with Borg who I never heard of before taking a thrashing then DJ padding his record and running away from a TJ fight. Paper champ is paper. Also, GOAT MANLET status doesn't sell.

If DJ called out winner of Cody vs TJ, people would have respected him more but, he doesn't because he hopes to pad record more with canlets. Fedor was the GOAT Can crusher but, DJ has stole that title.

right know im asking myself, which dick riders are worse ... the jones, conors or MM?

i dont hate these fighters, but holyfuck ...

{<jordan}

JJ cleared out a stacked LHW division granted on GEAR having popped multiple times. Anderson cleared out MW despite popping. GSP cleared out WW despite ducking a PRE USADA era and HENDRICKS rematch. DJ ducked TJ, refused to fight, and picks to pad his record with canlets. I was more impressed with Borg who I never heard of before taking a thrashing then DJ padding his record and running away from a TJ fight. Paper champ is paper. Also, GOAT MANLET status doesn't sell.

If DJ called out winner of Cody vs TJ, people would have respected him more but, he doesn't because he hopes to pad record more with canlets. Fedor was the GOAT Can crusher but, DJ has stole that title.

just name me 1 guy, who only had top elite competition in all his fights/games ... i dont care which (soccer/boxing) sport.

joined 2017 and still full of shit.

Because I can name and recognize only 5-6 of the guys he fought, and he lost to two of these guys. A pretty good reason I would say.

Well... Maybe because title defenses doesn't = GOAT? Also there was only 4 guys in the division when it started.

Big John raising the hands of a killer:
USATSI_10186468_168382968_lowres.jpg

Big John proud of his bi-racial child for getting an A on his elementary school exam:
Johnson-defends-title-vs-Reis-in-UFC-201-co-main_591369_OpenGraphImage.jpg

MM isn't even close to the top 5 when it comes to GOAT rankings.

His strength of schedule isn't as good as GSP's or Jones'.

This motherfucker beat John Dodson twice (who beat TJ Dillashaw) , Benavidez twice (who lost a split to Cruz and has basically fucked everyone else up) Moraga, who's super talented, Horiguchi who's about to win Rizin bantamweight tournament and who Mike Brown (Joanna's coach) calls the most athletic/talented dude he's ever trained. Tim Elliot who is NOTICEABLY bigger than him, like different weightclasses bigger and a scrappy talented fighter, and Henry Cejudo who's of course a gold medalist and has looked like straight fire after that loss and fairly easily won all his fights before that.

Not only that, he beats them all at their own game if you didn't notice.

I mean, not only fans, but Luke Thomas is sitting on his post-fight special talking about the "strength of schedule" not being enough to call him definitely the greatest ever.

Fuck all that, it's more likely bias against smaller fighters because there are NO facts included in that statement.

This dude would be hailed as the GOAT a while ago and by everyone right now if he was a 135 or 145 and it pisses me off as a fan of great people being best at what they do.

Fact: MM's worst title defense is on par with the best of GSP, Aldo, Jones, Silva and Fedor.

"They're like, really well rounded, man".

Sincerely,

- MM fan logic

He lacks charisma, personality or mystique. In my opinion the GOAT of any type of sport or form of entertainment goes beyond sport or genres skill (how do you measure that anyways? how victorious they are?).

GOAT is skill, accomplishments, persona, charisma, mystique or presence all bundled into one.

That’s why GOAT of MMA is still Fedor. No one comes close yet.

GOAT of boxing = Tyson. The power associated with him and the fear surrounding him and the way he presented himself hasn’t been matched yet.

Just my opinion. Especially in MMA...its hard to judge by well “Look at who fighter A beat, compared to fighter B. Especially if we’re talking pound for pound over the decades. It’s just not a fair or accurate way to measure it. It counts for something, but its not the end all measurement.

His strength of schedule isn't as good as GSP's or Jones'.
Jones is irrelevant now so let's ignore him.
GSP is the only other candidate that can compete with Might Mouse but the way DJ finishes his opponents gives him a slight advantage but its close.
Fedor beat 5 former UFC champs, MM has beat none.
It's not MM's fault that he is so dominant that he is the only champ.
That's similar to Aldo in his prime, he hasn't beaten many champs compared to Fedor, Hendo etc but he is a top 5 all time fighter.
Aldo, Jones, GSP, Fedor and Anderson had longer win streaks.
That will end soon. He has a better chance to improve on that.
MM has been undefeated 6 years in a row and 13 fights. Thats not enough, Fedors run was way more impressive.
Fedor's record is inflated with cans, not to discredit his wins against Nog, Cro-Cop etc.
Because the level of competition at flyweight is low. The amount of men around the world who can cut down to 125lbs are low, and even less who train in MMA.

Any time MM has fought an almost normal sized or non-bulimic human being he has lost. He lost to Brad Pickett for fucks sake. No one who lost to Brad Pickett can ever be considered the fucking GOAT.

And he didn't lose by getting caught, knocked out, tapped, he lost because 5'6 Brad Pickett just beat him. He then beat cans, same shit happens with Cruz and then he moves to this joke of a weight class.

Tell any non MMA fan or your girlfriend about MM. Tell them his size. They laugh and think it's a joke.

When Big Dan raised his hand with Borg next to him, it looked fucking hysterical. Like Dan was taking his kids to school and holding their hands.
Who cares about size? He's the smallest guy in his weight class. MMA is about skill.
He ducked Dillashaw, who would've been the realist competition he's fought by far since Cruz. there's so many things that make Anderson Silva, GSP, Jones, Fedor, Aldo, etc. GOAT's, they WEREN'T scared of real competition nor did they duck opponents and take the easy way out. I think it's wrong to call MM the GOAT just because of his skill. other than skill, he offers no threat.
I'm a big TJ fan but I think it's unfair to ask him to fight him when he's never made the weight especially when there is a contender. He is under no obligation to be told to fight a contender a weight above him. He can eventually fight the winner of Cody and TJ anyway.
I could give you 125
MMA is about skill not size.
Height

/thread
Predictable.
He makes McGoat look like an NBA center
Who cares about size? MMA is based on skill, not size

Man I didn't expect this many haters.

Kind of disappointing.

This motherfucker beat John Dodson twice (who beat TJ Dillashaw) , Benavidez twice (who lost a split to Cruz and has basically fucked everyone else up) Moraga, who's super talented, Horiguchi who's about to win Rizin bantamweight tournament and who Mike Brown (Joanna's coach) calls the most athletic/talented dude he's ever trained. Tim Elliot who is NOTICEABLY bigger than him, like different weightclasses bigger and a scrappy talented fighter, and Henry Cejudo who's of course a gold medalist and has looked like straight fire after that loss and fairly easily won all his fights before that.

Not only that, he beats them all at their own game if you didn't notice.

I mean, not only fans, but Luke Thomas is sitting on his post-fight special talking about the "strength of schedule" not being enough to call him definitely the greatest ever.

Fuck all that, it's more likely bias against smaller fighters because there are NO facts included in that statement.

This dude would be hailed as the GOAT a while ago and by everyone right now if he was a 135 or 145 and it pisses me off as a fan of great people being best at what they do.
Keep reading down a few posts from that one and calm down.

He lost more rounds to Ian McCall than Fedor did in 10 years

Back