Give me one good reason why DJ isn't GOAT....

Fedor's record is inflated with cans, not to discredit his wins against Nog, Cro-Cop etc.

Fedors reign is overall still more impressive than MMs. You have to consider that at HW opponents had a lot higher punchers chance to upset Fedor than FLWs have against MM. Yet Fedor didnt lose even a single round in 10 years.

That isn't skill based.

No BS about his height, PPV numbers etc.

You can't.

He was saved by the bell at the end of the 3rd round against 'borg' i think cejudo has a good chance of beating him now.

Dj just doesn't have enough wins over champions, legends..

Thats a very stupid argument because he cant have, he is the only champion ever at FLW and even he himself is not really "a legend", because he just isnt famous enough. The fact that its almost impossible for a FLW to earn a legend status has nothing to do with FLWs skill sets.

strength of competition

obama-mic-drop.jpg

Thats a very stupid argument because he cant have, he is the only champion ever at FLW and even he himself is not really "a legend", because he just isnt famous enough. The fact that its almost impossible for a FLW to earn a legend status has nothing to do with FLWs skill sets.
The environment of his division is not conducive to judging fighters for being the goat, so there is no way for him to be one.

It's not DJs fault that he completely outpaced his competition. However, there's a sense that he knew that and didn't seek or relish a bigger challenge, when all he complains about is lack of respect and low pay.

Because the level of competition at flyweight is low. The amount of men around the world who can cut down to 125lbs are low, and even less who train in MMA.

Any time MM has fought an almost normal sized or non-bulimic human being he has lost. He lost to Brad Pickett for fucks sake. No one who lost to Brad Pickett can ever be considered the fucking GOAT.

And he didn't lose by getting caught, knocked out, tapped, he lost because 5'6 Brad Pickett just beat him. He then beat cans, same shit happens with Cruz and then he moves to this joke of a weight class.

Tell any non MMA fan or your girlfriend about MM. Tell them his size. They laugh and think it's a joke.

When Big Dan raised his hand with Borg next to him, it looked fucking hysterical. Like Dan was taking his kids to school and holding their hands.

Your Pickett argument was fine, you didn't have to go full alpha male retard with the height thing.

Non MMA fan and your fat girlfriends opinions don't matter. Do you really think being born big is a more admirable quality than having the skill set DJ has? Stop trying to impress normies at Wild Wings with your bullshit you loser.

he's cursed by being so tiny. His over all skillset is the best we've seen in MMA. Id even say more so than Jones. dude is just ridiculous. That said he's legit outsized by just about everyone and its hard as fuck giving up 10lbs to an opponent in MMA when you're basically a high pace grinder.

I consider it a different league then people 145 and up. Same as WMMA. He's the best of the women and children but in the normal sized league It's not comparable. If he Goes up and beats Garbrandt or Dillashaw I would put him in consideration, as long as he keeps crushing these guys in 125 he's not even in the discussion

He's only on a 5 year streak since the WME/Disney let 125lb get on the ride.

I've said it before.
I just can't see him without my glasses..

Even in 4k ultra.
Just a little fleck on the screen..

Maybe he is the goat so far.. But he is dull.
The finish the other day was great though..

Boring and great..

Fedor beat 5 former UFC champs, MM has beat none.
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Although you can say he never beat the best 125 is that Japan had to offer. Not saying he couldn't beat them but Japan has always had the best competitors in that division.

Aldo, Jones, GSP, Fedor and Anderson had longer win streaks.

I can agree with that.

I do think he is at the top of the P4P list right now. But GOAT is something that it is about the full body of work, and as pointed out, the abovementioned guys stayed at the top for a lot longer.

Back