Give me one good reason why DJ isn't GOAT....

Because the level of competition at flyweight is low. The amount of men around the world who can cut down to 125lbs are low, and even less who train in MMA.

Any time MM has fought an almost normal sized or non-bulimic human being he has lost. He lost to Brad Pickett for fucks sake. No one who lost to Brad Pickett can ever be considered the fucking GOAT.

And he didn't lose by getting caught, knocked out, tapped, he lost because 5'6 Brad Pickett just beat him. He then beat cans, same shit happens with Cruz and then he moves to this joke of a weight class.

Tell any non MMA fan or your girlfriend about MM. Tell them his size. They laugh and think it's a joke.

When Big Dan raised his hand with Borg next to him, it looked fucking hysterical. Like Dan was taking his kids to school and holding their hands.

robryan.gif

tenor.gif

You can say Fedor fought a bunch of cans but Fedor has 18 good wins in less than 9 years. Averaging 2 solid opponents per year with a can in there since he had already cleaned out the division

Let me ask you this, who would win prime Fedor or prime Mighty Mouse?

Him ducking TJ kicks him out of the GOAT discussion until he beats a 135 champion.

Silva or Fedor had no problem with fighting bigger guys and embarassing them, despite a lot of people saying they'd get mauled.

Because half his defenses are over guys who just aren't very good, like Reis, Cariaso and Elliot.

You can say Fedor fought a bunch of cans but Fedor has 18 good wins in less than 9 years. Averaging 2 solid opponents per year with a can in there since he had already cleaned out the division

Let me ask you this, who would win prime Fedor or prime Mighty Mouse?

if fedor only fought HW elite guys, his body would be fucked. he also did sambo tournaments ... this doesnt work. theres not a single guy, who only fought top elite guys in all his matches.

I've been a MM champion in other threads, but I don't believe he is the GOAT.

You have to take wins/dominance in combination with the level of competition to get a sense of where someone falls on that ranking.

It's sort of like high school. Some kids take normal classes. Some kids take CP (college prep) classes. Some take AP (advanced placement). GPA is (usually) determined by weighting AP classes higher than CP higher than normal classes.

Mighty Mouse is the kid getting 98 A+ scores in the regular class.
GSP (for example), was getting 95s A scores in the AP class.

Or something like that. I might be high at work now.

everyone from 145lbs up can beat him up

Last edited:
Brad Pickett. And Dom Cruz. Oops, sorry that's two reasons.

There should never be "P4P GOAT" discussions...it's a pointless argument for people who just like to argue, and there are too many variables to come to any consensus.

MM is the GOAT for his weight class, no question.

I'd like to argue your case about that
<{jackyeah}>

if fedor only fought HW elite guys, his body would be fucked. he also did sambo tournaments ... this doesnt work. theres not a single guy, who only fought top elite guys in all his matches.
It does t matter he fought all the top elite guys that were available to fight. You can't hold it against the guy for making money and taking other matches considering he cleaned out 3 generations of his division

Jones is irrelevant now so let's ignore him.
GSP is the only other candidate that can compete with Might Mouse but the way DJ finishes his opponents gives him a slight advantage but its close.

It's not MM's fault that he is so dominant that he is the only champ.
That's similar to Aldo in his prime, he hasn't beaten many champs compared to Fedor, Hendo etc but he is a top 5 all time fighter.

That will end soon. He has a better chance to improve on that.

Fedor's record is inflated with cans, not to discredit his wins against Nog, Cro-Cop etc.

Who cares about size? He's the smallest guy in his weight class. MMA is about skill.

I'm a big TJ fan but I think it's unfair to ask him to fight him when he's never made the weight especially when there is a contender. He is under no obligation to be told to fight a contender a weight above him. He can eventually fight the winner of Cody and TJ anyway.

MMA is about skill not size.

Predictable.

Who cares about size? MMA is based on skill, not size

Man I didn't expect this many haters.

Kind of disappointing.
You're right, but being a GOAT comes to taking huge risks and beating the best there is in whatever sport you're doing. Anderson Silva stepped up on 48 hours notice to fight DC untrained, out of shape, etc. and hung in there for 15 rounds. GOAT! would DJ do something like that? probably not based on the way he handled the deal with TJ. I understand Borg was ranked #3, but dude when someone offers to step in there like Dillashaw and you're goal is to be the GOAT, and you want to surpass Anderson Silva, Jones, GSP, etc. you have to do it, there's not a no answer to that. I know it may seem strange saying MM has no answer, but to do it, but in order to be a GOAT, you have to take huge, courageous risks and MM just isn't doing it. beating 125ers that you know you can run through easily won't cut it. you have to take those huge risks and shoot for the stars. I know I'll get a lot of shit for that, but IDC, I just think it's disgraceful to compare him to a GOAT such as Anderson Silva, or Jon Jones, or Fedor, GSP...

It does t matter he fought all the top elite guys that were available to fight. You can't hold it against the guy for making money and taking other matches considering he cleaned out 3 generations of his division

money rules the world
<Fedor23>

Anyone could lose to non elite guys.GsP lost to Matt Serra, Mm lost to Brad Pickett, Anderson lost 4 rounds to Chael. There's no reason not to take fights and make money especially when you've beaten the entire top 5

bc he would legit lose to 85% of the men's UFC roster right now

Because most grown men don't weigh 125 lbs therefore there's "little" competition...

He ducked Dillashaw, who would've been the realist competition he's fought by far since Cruz. there's so many things that make Anderson Silva, GSP, Jones, Fedor, Aldo, etc. GOAT's, they WEREN'T scared of real competition nor did they duck opponents and take the easy way out. I think it's wrong to call MM the GOAT just because of his skill. other than skill, he offers no threat.
mj-thisisit-1-thumb-250x375-5215.jpg

Personally, I am a fan of Mighty Mouse. I am not sure how you can be a fan of MMA and not appreciate what Johnson brings to the table. That being said, he is a monster fish, in a very shallow pond.

A key thing to remember, GOAT is just a subjective topic, that fans love to discuss, but it lacks any set criteria. Flyweight lacks the general interest that the more established divisions attract. It is not Demetrius fault that he is a natural for the weight-class, but the vast majority of the contenders at FW, are just BW retreads. Until the division gets more depth, MM will be seen as ruling a weight-class that lacks the depth needed to contend for the mythical P4P GOAT.

Dj just doesn't have enough wins over champions, legends, going up a weight class etc..... to be the GOAT.

Plus, the guy has no desire to go up and try for 2 titles.

He wouldn't even fight TJ.

Not GOAT material at all.

A mouse can't be a goat but anyone can be a duck..

Back