GGG-Saunders Unlikely, GGG to wait for Canelo (Very bad look for GGG!)

I think what happened to Golovkin was that he just wasn't fighting anyone who could test him. I think that makes a fighter stale. Its not that he was fighting terrible fighters, just not anyone on his level.

I thought Jacobs made him look really one dimensional.

What was his one dimension? I thought he still pressured JAcobs most of the night and showed much better defense than given credit for. He was just slow and I think scared of being countered on account of that.

Why go after Saunders when he's made it clear that he doesn't want anything to do with Golovkin?

Canelo or a Jacobs rematch are fights that may actually happen, BJS doesn't believe in fighting live bodies.

What was his one dimension? I thought he still pressured JAcobs most of the night and showed much better defense than given credit for. He was just slow and I think scared of being countered on account of that.
I don't think he made him look one dimensional it's just it was turned into a boxing match at point where jacobs would have won if he stuck to that. hell lots of arguments jacobs did win.

I don't think he made him look one dimensional it's just it was turned into a boxing match at point where jacobs would have won if he stuck to that. hell lots of arguments jacobs did win.

It wasn't the boxing. It was the boxing + power. GGG didn't let his hands go as much because he knew Jacobs could hurt him

We hardly saw his left hook because Jacobs right is too deadly.

Why go after Saunders when he's made it clear that he doesn't want anything to do with Golovkin?

Canelo or a Jacobs rematch are fights that may actually happen, BJS doesn't believe in fighting live bodies.
Normally Saunders wouldn't go near a challenge or anything but a cherry pick but I believe that the money offered by Kazakhstan to promote their expo has finally convinced Saunders to sell his belt. What doesn't make sense about this idea of injury stopping the fight is that for GGG or any of the other top middleweights, Saunders is like a stay busy fight so to me I don't see why Golovkin would need a full training camp to prepare for this fight. Secondly, even if he gets the Canelo fight in September (which he won't), how does the layoff help his chances in that fight?

My question is, if GGG does pull out of the fight with Saunders, is Jacobs ready to step in and buy that belt? @RR?

Does it state why Oscar is threatening?
Oscar says he is afraid that Golovkin could suffer a cut or something like that and then not be able to fight Canelo in September which doesn't work for them because they need to have the fight scheduled well ahead of time to properly promote it.

Anyway he is put in a situation where he has to choose one or the other and be accused of ducking either way. He is taking the tougher and more meaningful fight which is the right thing to do. He can always try to fight Saunders in the future.

what are the odds of oscar forcing GGG out of the saunders fight, then pulling some shit to make sure the canelo fight doesn't happen either?

Does anyone care about seeing Golovkin destroy Saunders after how pathetic Saunders looked last fight? I know it contradicts the whole "win all the belts" mantra that we heard from the Golovkin camp, but much like most camps in boxing, they bullshit from time to time (let's not forget the whole 154-168 claim). The fights that matter at MW are the Jacobs rematch and Canelo.

LMAO BJS. If only his fights were as entertaining as watching him backtrack. Anyhow, Kurtizisde is fighting Tommy Langford for the WBO interim belt. If I'm GGG I might as well fight that guy since BJS is too chicken shit to fight either of them. Also there'll always be Murata and N'Dam as the WBA churns out ridiculous, unnecessary titles. Oh the alphabelts and their bullshit....

Oscar says he is afraid that Golovkin could suffer a cut or something like that and then not be able to fight Canelo in September which doesn't work for them because they need to have the fight scheduled well ahead of time to properly promote it.

Anyway he is put in a situation where he has to choose one or the other and be accused of ducking either way. He is taking the tougher and more meaningful fight which is the right thing to do. He can always try to fight Saunders in the future.
Wow... Oscar messing up a lot of other people's money with this. How in the world would you trust negotiations with them now especially since they going to feel like GGG is desperate to fight after the layoff.
@Marc A you going to defend this one?

Wow... Oscar messing up a lot of other people's money with this. How in the world would you trust negotiations with them now especially since they going to feel like GGG is desperate to fight after the layoff.

Honestly, I'm never one to defend Oscar, but if (still a massive if) he's actually negotiating in good faith at this point, I don't find that stipulation to be all that ridiculous. This fight makes the most money possible if it's given a good amount of time to promote and if it happens around Independence Day. Canelo is the fight that gives Golovkin massive exposure and gets him paid handsomely, whereas no one really cares about Saunders (with good reason).

No one gives a shit about Saunders. Fight Danny again.

Honestly, I'm never one to defend Oscar, but if (still a massive if) he's actually negotiating in good faith at this point, I don't find that stipulation to be all that ridiculous. This fight makes the most money possible if it's given a good amount of time to promote and if it happens around Independence Day. Canelo is the fight that gives Golovkin massive exposure and gets him paid handsomely, whereas no one really cares about Saunders (with good reason).
Hmmmmm.
Im not buying that. They could of done that wirh GGGs last 2 opponents but chose pretty poor opposition past 3 fights.
Thats also the complete opposite of what Oscar said after the GGG v Jacobs fight.
They are worried about Saunders but weren't about Danny Jacobs? ? ?
I would not be mad if GGG calls their bluff.
If they really are genuine with that they will offer GGG close to what he was asking for after the Jr fight. If GGG gets what he was asking for then I guess it makes sense to wait.

No one gives a shit about Saunders. Fight Danny again.
I think there is a decent amount of us who want to see Saunders beat down pretty brutally.
But yeah a Jacobs rematch would be better.
It would also be cool because Canelo is kind of screwing both of them over with Oscar's demands.

I think there is a decent amount of us who want to see Saunders beat down pretty brutally.
But yeah a Jacobs rematch would be better.
It would also be cool because Canelo is kind of screwing both of them over with Oscar's demands.
True lol. Outside of wanting to see that can get whooped I dont think there is much interest in this though.

Gomez spoke with leoffler expressed that if fight happens in June due to money invested for ggg v Canelo more time would be needed for media obligations, tours etc.. and the September date wouldn't work

Leoffler and company decided that was reasonable and seens like negotiations are on. Leoffler w Gómez seems to be moving in a the right direction . Reynosa confirming that GGG finallly being reasonable with the negotiations

Not sure where you are getting that negotiations won't be in good faith with such limited info . We as favs are going have to wait to see what else leaks , but as of right now looks to be heading in the right direction

Also , all this could be pointless if Canelo losses to Chavez jr

Gomez spoke with leoffler expressed that if fight happens in June due to money invested for ggg v Canelo more time would be needed for media obligations, tours etc.. and the September date wouldn't work

Leoffler and company decided that was reasonable and seens like negotiations are on. Leoffler w Gómez seems to be moving in a the right direction . Reynosa confirming that GGG finallly being reasonable with the negotiations

Not sure where you are getting that negotiations won't be in good faith with such limited info . We as favs are going have to wait to see what else leaks , but as of right now looks to be heading in the right direction

Also , all this could be pointless if Canelo losses to Chavez jr
Because of what has actually transpired in real life. They have been here before. Guess what still no fight. A fight that should of happened a while ago.
Lol "@ GGG being more reasonable with the negotiations." Now that sounds like fluff from very limited information.
Hopefully its revealed right after the JR fight.
If everything is going as great as you say they have to be rubbing GGG's belly. Not the other way around. We will see when if the deal is revealed.

Hmmmmm.
Im not buying that. They could of done that wirh GGGs last 2 opponents but chose pretty poor opposition past 3 fights.
Thats also the complete opposite of what Oscar said after the GGG v Jacobs fight.
They are worried about Saunders but weren't about Danny Jacobs? ? ?
I would not be mad if GGG calls their bluff.
If they really are genuine with that they will offer GGG close to what he was asking for after the Jr fight. If GGG gets what he was asking for then I guess it makes sense to wait.

I'm saying if they're close to inking a September deal (which could be bullshit, I don't know), it's not a completely ridiculous request. It's exerting some control over Golovkin's affairs, sure, but there is a clear rationale behind it, and the upside of getting the Canelo fight (payday and potential to increase prestige) would be clearly worth it for Golovkin. Of course, this is all contingent on the fact that they actually are close to a deal (which is far from being apparent).

Back