GGG-Saunders Unlikely, GGG to wait for Canelo (Very bad look for GGG!)

Because of what has actually transpired in real life. They have been here before. Guess what still no fight. A fight that should of happened a while ago.
Lol "@ GGG being more reasonable with the negotiations." Now that sounds like fluff from very limited information.
Hopefully its revealed right after the JR fight.
If everything is going as great as you say they have to be rubbing GGG's belly. Not the other way around. We will see when if the deal is revealed.

Agreed we have been here before and both sides have delayed the fight in different times.

You are also correct , no point on taking sides on what is happening with limited info from both sides . As you aptly said fluff from both sides .

I don't understand the rubbing ggg belly .

Edit - placed correct person on quote

Last edited:
I'm saying if they're close to inking a September deal (which could be bullshit, I don't know), it's not a completely ridiculous request. It's exerting some control over Golovkin's affairs, sure, but there is a clear rationale behind it, and the upside of getting the Canelo fight (payday and potential to increase prestige) would be clearly worth it for Golovkin. Of course, this is all contingent on the fact that they actually are close to a deal (which is far from being apparent).
That's a non baised viewpoint

Going after Canelo instead of Saunders is a good thing.
It's obviously the better fight if all parties involved are serious about getting it made. Let's hope for the best but I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo signs to fight Saunders for a title and leaves GGG standing around with no dance partner.

It's obviously the better fight if all parties involved are serious about getting it made. Let's hope for the best but I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo signs to fight Saunders for a title and leaves GGG standing around with no dance partner.

He would have a dance partner{<redford}

I'm saying if they're close to inking a September deal (which could be bullshit, I don't know), it's not a completely ridiculous request. It's exerting some control over Golovkin's affairs, sure, but there is a clear rationale behind it, and the upside of getting the Canelo fight (payday and potential to increase prestige) would be clearly worth it for Golovkin. Of course, this is all contingent on the fact that they actually are close to a deal (which is far from being apparent).
Yeah thats what im saying. Big if for a story we have seen many times. If GGG is getting what he wants sure it makes sense for him to wait.

This is a probable outcome I hope it doesn't happen though .... he can always fight Jacobs again man which is the fight I would love to see most. I don't think Saunders has anything for genady and I don't see how canelo beats he doesn't have Jacobs weapons.

Yeah the fact that Oscar is willing to let Canelo fight GGG probably means he thinks he's slipped.

TBH I think GGG's hand speed, which was never very good, is worse. I know he's fought two fast guys his last two fights but I think it's more than that. His punches looked almost painfully slow at times.

What surprised me in the Jacobs fight was how durable Jacobs was. But GGG isn't really a one punch KO guy because he's a pressure fighter who doesn't usually catch guys with shots they don't see. He breaks guys down. But he threw a lot fewer punches because he was cautious so he had less chance to break Jacobs down.

Golovkin's hand speed wasn't the problem. Jacob's foot speed kept him out of position for Golovkin to land. Jacobs wouldn't let Golovkin get to work. Your punches are gonna look slow when you aren't in position to land them. Unfortunately for him though, Jacobs denied himself the chance to sit down on his punches and land the cleaner, more telling shots. He blew the fight because his punches didn't look as impactful as Golovkin's, and, in truth, Golovkin's elbows, forearms, and gloves were taking the bite out of more shots than Jacob's proponents would have most people believe. Golovkin's punches moved Jacobs, or Jacobs reacted to them in a way that indicated they landed (because they did). Jacobs punches, in comparison, hardly did that to GGG. That's gonna convince people about who the accurate, cleaner puncher is. Like it or not, that's the way it goes. It Ray can steal rounds with idle flurries in the eyes of some, then Golovkin can with a steady pace of telling punches in the eyes of others. Again, I must reiterate in order to avoid digging up the past arguments. It was a close fight. Opinions will be divided, much like some other recent fights (Kovalev vs Ward), and older fights (Ray vs Marvin).

Yeah thats what im saying. Big if for a story we have seen many times. If GGG is getting what he wants sure it makes sense for him to wait.

They aren't close to a deal unless the money changes (which could happen but being almost 2 million apart is tough).

Our request well under. We will fight either.

Agreed we have been here before and both sides have delayed the fight in different times.

You are also correct , no point on taking sides on what is happening with limited info from both sides . As you aptly said fluff from both sides .

I don't understand the rubbing ggg belly .
It means they are going to have to concede some things to GGG in order to make him be happy and willing to wait.
Nothing biased about it. Its Oscar's demand.

It means they are going to have to concede some things to GGG in order to make him be happy and willing to wait.
Nothing biased about it. Its Oscar's demand.

It's not fair to ask GGG to concede a fight. Even though he did it to us in December and it made the fight. We lost like 250 not fighting.

They aren't close to a deal unless the money changes (which could happen but being almost 2 million apart is tough).

Our request well under. We will fight either.
So good to see you guys are still in the running or on the table!
Hmmmmm that says a lot too. Lol

So according to boxingscene, GGG will not be facing Saunders in June and will instead look to strike a deal with Canelo for September.

Here's why this is a very bad look for Golovkin. Golovkin has spent the last 2 years saying they want "All the belts" and they've declined to move up and fight better opponents (in higher weight classes) until they got all the belts. Well now they're bypassing their opportunity to get all the belts by opting for a money fight against Canelo.

Was it always about "All the belts" and unifying the division, or was it an excuse to avoid better competition?

With this latest move, it appears to be the latter.

I wanted Golovkin to face Saunders, a fight he would easily win, collect his belt final belt and then face Canelo. That way he could at least justify the "all the belts" excuse. This is just a very bad look.

Hopefully this fight gets made now. There's a chance Canelo might lose to Chavez Jr, although very unlikely. There's a chance that they offer GGG less than their previous offer now that he has no other options lined up. Then there is a chance of Mayweather stealing the September spot from Canelo as a he always does, by fighting McGregor. This is a huge gamble from team GGG that better pay off.

The mistake you're making is that you assume that someone can't be sincere in wanting to unify belts while also making exceptions for certain money fights. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Let me give you an anology:

I work as an investment banker making $500K a year. I have many boutique shops approaching me and offering me $600K, I say no on the principle that I want to transition out of banking and try something different, maybe private equity. One day and boutique shop comes in and offers me $1.5M. Obviously i'll take THAT job. It doesn't mean I was not sincere in wanting to switch careers. Everybody has a price. A Canelo fight can possibly meet the $ is willing to accept to forego his goal of unifying the belts. That shouldn't reflect badly on him.

It's not fair to ask GGG to concede a fight. Even though he did it to us in December and it made the fight. We lost like 250 not fighting.
I don't think its fair or genuine in the first place.
It screws over both you guys and GGG some.
Seems more about negotiating tactics to give Canelo all the options and limit everyone else.

I don't think its fair or genuine in the first place.
It screws over both you guys and GGG some.
Seems more about negotiating tactics to give Canelo all the options and limit everyone else.

Well it screwed us but we did get a career high pay day and a high profile fight. GGG is us against Canelo. He's the B side

Well it screwed us but we did get a career high pay day and a high profile fight. GGG is us against Canelo. He's the B side
Im saying on this go around. If they go with GGG and make him wait it kind of shuts down all the $ options @ 160 for a while for yall. Especially because BJS is a no go too.
Still pulling for you guys to get the fight.

The mistake you're making is that you assume that someone can't be sincere in wanting to unify belts while also making exceptions for certain money fights. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Let me give you an anology:

I work as an investment banker making $500K a year. I have many boutique shops approaching me and offering me $600K, I say no on the principle that I want to transition out of banking and try something different, maybe private equity. One day and boutique shop comes in and offers me $1.5M. Obviously i'll take THAT job. It doesn't mean I was not sincere in wanting to switch careers. Everybody has a price. A Canelo fight can possibly meet the $ is willing to accept to forego his goal of unifying the belts. That shouldn't reflect badly on him.
The difference in this case is that in order to chase the higher offer you must forego the lower offer first, with no guarantees of having either offer remain open once you do that. It's a lot like the Manny Pacquiao situation except for the fact that he had the Queensland Government who were desperate to strike a deal for the lesser fight (vs Horn), albeit at a later date.

Don't be surprised when Golden boy makes Canelo Vs. Lemieux in September.

What was his one dimension? I thought he still pressured JAcobs most of the night and showed much better defense than given credit for. He was just slow and I think scared of being countered on account of that.
He showed little ability to adjust. No countering at all.

I hope Saul goes back to 154 after Chavez and fights the winner of Brooks/Spence and I hope its Spence in Sept. That fight would be awesome. Saul vs Spence coulde make Spence a superstar.

Back