GGG likes calling out little guys

Been hearing GGG name a lot from friends and family that dont normally follow boxing. His star continues to rise with each impressive KO, doesnt matter the opponent at this point I think most casual fans think Canelo is scared of him.

Ego as in he's going for a legacy and can't stand to hear his own fans and countrymen talk shit about him. I mean, GGG is Mr "Mexican style" you don't think it's a little ridiculous that that title isn't given to an actual Mexican? GGG is pretty clearly trying to steal Canelo's fanbase, albeit slowly.

I wish, I'm in finals week.
Oh gotcha. Ya I think Canelo is hell bent on showing hes got brass balls.

I would be completely shocked if they never fight. It will happen. This is all just bs buildup imo.

yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Oh well, GGG wouldn't have won that one anyhow.

I can't find anything on Ward. I even went to fucking amateur tape to see if he has tell. Nothing. Work rate is all I have, lol and he can't really punch. Great fucking things to take into camp haha

Ok, so to me it sounds reasonable that fight didn't get made. What about the other guys you say he called out, what about those details?
Im not starting the Ward/GGG civil war again but there are tons of threads on here regarding it.

I can't find anything on Ward. I even went to fucking amateur tape to see if he has tell. Nothing. Work rate is all I have, lol and he can't really punch. Great fucking things to take into camp haha
"Dont even worry about getting taken to school because the bright side is that it probably wont hurt that badly."

@nac386 So I can get all of this in one post of course Danny will fight Canelo at 160. He is a PPV draw, career high payday and happy to be the B side. Plus, Danny can beat him too, lol. See, that is what GGG needs to get that he doesn't now

Exactly, and I completely support that. If you are going to abuse your body, it better be calculated and there better be a risk/reward payoff at the end. Danny gets that with Canelo at 160, but not GGG.

That is why I am cool with GGG saying he'll fight Floyd at 154, but not Canelo. GGG would probably cut off a finger to fight Floyd, which makes sense because the payoff (not only the immediate financial pay, but fame-wise and long-term money) is enormous. It is the same situation.

And I would never hold my tongue around you because of your relationship with the fighters, I feel like that would be insulting to you if we bullshitted. We keep it 100 in here.

Jacobs, Canelo, GGG. Any fight between any of those three is highly competitive and a hell of a lot of fun. I'd be rooting for Jacobs in any of those fights.

The why are his handlers mentioning Danny? Again, Golovkins side started this talk.

Danny has been asked the question about fighting GGG almost every single time I see him on tv. Whether it was after he beat Sergio Mora or during press conferences before the Kid Chocolate fight or the few times he was sitting at the odd table with a couple other people commentating on fight news before cards from overseas start showing live. Lately he is being mentioned because he is the mandatory for GGG(at 160)so of course everyone is curious about them fighting. Just a week ago it was brought up again because the future of the WBC belt is going to be determined this month and the WBA wants to cut down the number of belt holders and they specifically mentioned Jacobs/GGG because Jacobs has the lesser version of GGG's WBA belt so if they fought that would accomplish one of the WBA's goals. So it's not just any one person bringing up this fight. It's everyone including Danny himself who said he would be happy to fight GGG before the Quillen fight but now it will only happen a weight class higher.

http://www.boxingscene.com/wba-if-no-golovkin-canelo-we-order-ggg-danny-jacobs--103815

Lets also not forget that Danny is willing to fight Canelo at 160 but not GGG even though it would be the mandatory fight for the WBA super belt.

If you look at one of Jacobs last IG posts he says...

danieljacobstko Whenever whoever however . #TeamJacobs

But in reality certain fights are acceptable at certain weights while others are only acceptable at other weights which makes all the GGG needs to stop acting like he will fight anyone stuff apply directly to Jacobs as well. It's boxing, we've seen how this stuff works for decades. No one is doing anything wrong but all the people calling one guy out for certain shit should realize most of the other guys do the same thing.

Oh gotcha. Ya I think Canelo is hell bent on showing hes got brass balls.

I would be completely shocked if they never fight. It will happen. This is all just bs buildup imo.
Canelo already had brass balls and he's just looking to prove it more and more. The Lara fight is one of the biggest high risk/low reward fights I've seen in a long time. That's the kind of fight you just take to tell everybody to fuck off.

that BS buildup is what makes these fights big, it's in the best interest of both guys honestly, at least financially.

Danny has been asked the question about fighting GGG almost every single time I see him on tv. Whether it was after he beat Sergio Mora or during press conferences before the Kid Chocolate fight or the few times he was sitting at the odd table with a couple other people commentating on fight news before cards from overseas start showing live. Lately he is being mentioned because he is the mandatory for GGG(at 160)so of course everyone is curious about them fighting. Just a week ago it was brought up again because the future of the WBC belt is going to be determined this month and the WBA wants to cut down the number of belt holders and they specifically mentioned Jacobs/GGG because Jacobs has the lesser version of GGG's WBA belt so if they fought that would accomplish one of the WBA's goals. So it's not just any one person bringing up this fight. It's everyone including Danny himself who said he would be happy to fight GGG before the Quillen fight but now it will only happen a weight class higher.

http://www.boxingscene.com/wba-if-no-golovkin-canelo-we-order-ggg-danny-jacobs--103815

Lets also not forget that Danny is willing to fight Canelo at 160 but not GGG even though it would be the mandatory fight for the WBA super belt.

If you look at one of Jacobs last IG posts he says...

danieljacobstko Whenever whoever however . #TeamJacobs

But in reality certain fights are acceptable at certain weights while others are only acceptable at other weights which makes all the GGG needs to stop acting like he will fight anyone stuff apply directly to Jacobs as well. It's boxing, we've seen how this stuff works for decades. No one is doing anything wrong but all the people calling one guy out for certain shit should realize most of the other guys do the same thing.

Except I keep saying that this is what boxing is...its not exclusive to Golovkin.

Hes just being the most vocal about all of it right now.

have you guys been talking with Ward? good luck with that one should it go through

That guy is pretty tough to figure out, you basically need to be better than him everywhere: inside, outside, and mentally. I think Kovalev is a pretty top talent and I don't really see him beating Ward unless he throws a gajillion punches or lands hard on him.

Except I keep saying that this is what boxing is...its not exclusive to Golovkin.

Hes just being the most vocal about all of it right now.

I agree, I've seen you say that shit a bunch of times. It makes sense and it's true. That post wasn't aimed at you directly or anything. Just info for the thread itself.

Fighters are always going to do what is in their own best interest. I think Jacobs is smart and wants to chase down big money fights and big names. GGG seems to be more interested in belts then money or fame. Neither one is wrong at all.

I do honestly believe GGG will fight anyone at 160 though which is pretty rare for a popular fighter and a part of why I'm a big fan.

^Ward is the kind of guy that you probably feel the next day, when you wake up and realize you got your ass beat worse than you thought.

^Ward is the kind of guy that you probably feel the next day, when you wake up and realize you got your ass beat worse than you thought.
I imagine watching the fight tape after is really demoralizing and makes you question yourself lol.

Its a good thing he cant really bang because that would just be unfair.

So if Canelo never said anything, Floyd would have fought him at 154? I don't buy it. That was just an easy thing to say at the time since his fans would back it up (which they did, and still do).
Who knows? But Canelo did say that, he actually called out Floyd at 150. Canelo put the idea out there that he'd fight at catchweights so the big star aksed him for a catch weight, he did it and became a big star himself, even after losing almost every round.

Holding on to things these guys said one time is female shit to me, it is weird and awkward to keep going, "Golovkin said he'd fight anybody at those weights" It is like a girl whining about old shit that she should be over by now.
Odd analogy.

GGG recently said he'd fight anybody in his division. He said he'd go lower or higher for the right situation. So there it is, everything is cleared up.

If Canelo at 155 is not right for him, then people can say that's a missed opportunity. That is what you're saying, which makes sense.

But the people blaming it on what his promoter said years ago is lame, and using Mayweather as a measuring stick for Canelo is nonsensical.
It will indeed be a missed opportunity and the only opportunity I see for that defining fight. I suppose it all depends what he wants. Does he want to be a guy who never got that big shot but stood his ground? Whats that going to mean for him in 10 years? Jack shit. Or does he want to swallow is pride for a mega payday against a career defining opponent that he can most likely beat?

Emotions flowing itt.

Ill point out again Ive said all along I dont like titles being held up with catch weights. I simply accept that boxing politics are what they are.

Believe youll find once you take that for what it is and stop trying to make it logical or right vs wrong its much more enjoyable.
This is what I've been saying too. we can all scream about how both are middleweights, call fighters cowards etc. They don't care. The fight will get made if both sides agree to terms. So far, Golovkin is refusing before they've even had a real negotiation. Golovkin is the guy who is pretty much saying the fight won't happen.

Odd analogy.

No way, that was right on. "But you said..."

It will indeed be a missed opportunity and the only opportunity I see for that defining fight. I suppose it all depends what he wants. Does he want to be a guy who never got that big shot but stood his ground? Whats that going to mean for him in 10 years? Jack shit. Or does he want to swallow is pride for a mega payday against a career defining opponent that he can most likely beat?

The problem is, can he even beat Canelo if he is drained? Canelo is a fantastic weight-drainer. He looked great against Cotto, coming in at 155. GGG is not accustomed to that, and not everybody's body handles it the same way. It does not help GGG to go get knocked out because he is hamstrung by dehydration.

This is what I've been saying too. we can all scream about how both are middleweights, call fighters cowards etc. They don't care. The fight will get made if both sides agree to terms. So far, Golovkin is refusing before they've even had a real negotiation. Golovkin is the guy who is pretty much saying the fight won't happen.
I don't see how you can say that. Canelo wants to be MW champ but fight basically at JMW. If GGG doesn't agree then it's him that's stopping the fight. No, it's a MW fight, the limit is 160. Any further negotiations can proceed as long as we all agree, yes, JMW is 154, MW is 160, SMW is 168....

Back