GGG likes calling out little guys

I don't see how you can say that. Canelo wants to be MW champ but fight basically at JMW. If GGG doesn't agree then it's him that's stopping the fight. No, it's a MW fight, the limit is 160. Any further negotiations can proceed as long as we all agree, yes, JMW is 154, MW is 160, SMW is 168....
155 is still middleweight. Middleweight is not strictly 160.

It will indeed be a missed opportunity and the only opportunity I see for that defining fight. I suppose it all depends what he wants. Does he want to be a guy who never got that big shot but stood his ground? Whats that going to mean for him in 10 years? Jack shit. Or does he want to swallow is pride for a mega payday against a career defining opponent that he can most likely beat?
That is such BS. There's only 1 MW division and both guys are going to need to fight the best if they want to create a lasting history. If one guy only wants to fight those guys at 155 then who is the one making unreasonable demands?

That is such BS. There's only 1 MW division and both guys are going to need to fight the best if they want to create a lasting history. If one guy only wants to fight those guys at 155 then who is the one making unreasonable demands?
Like some of us have said over and over, that's just how the sport is. Golovkin is not immune to the business of the sport just because fans want him to have a belt.

155 is still middleweight. Middleweight is not strictly 160.
That's complete bullshit and you know it. If Canelo feels more comfortable coming in at 155 then he's free to do that. To tell GGG he has to do the same is a joke. That's why SRR and HA are better than your boy Floyd. They went for them belts an won and gave up the weight. Even Emile Griffin did it but you guys have your biases and are talking doodoo......

Like some of us have said over and over, that's just how the sport is. Golovkin is not immune to the business of the sport just because fans want him to have a belt.
How the sport is, or as it should be, is that the WBC is going to tell Canelo... WTF, 155??? We'll make you the number one contender and you can try for your old belt. When you grow a little we'll put you in the MW rankings.

How the sport is, or as it should be, is that the WBC is going to tell Canelo... WTF, 155??? We'll make you the number one contender and you can try for your old belt. When you grow a little we'll put you in the MW rankings.
No, they're not going to tell him that. Its on Golovkin if he turns down the fight. They sanctioned Cotto vs Canelo at a catchweight. You're crazy if you think the WBC is really going to take Canelo's strap if Golovkin decides not to take the fight.

That's complete bullshit and you know it. If Canelo feels more comfortable coming in at 155 then he's free to do that. To tell GGG he has to do the same is a joke. That's why SRR and HA are better than your boy Floyd. They went for them belts an won and gave up the weight. Even Emile Griffin did it but you guys have your biases and are talking doodoo......
It is not bullshit. You THINK its bullshit because the guy you like isn't getting to call the shots. a fight at 155 pounds is still a middleweight fight.

tbh i dont see a problem calling out May, a lot of people do. If 168 pounders thought they could make 154 they probably would too. Calling out another MW, Canelo, is fine too.

If he doesnt want to fight at 155 well good on him. If Canelo still wants to make his lame demands good on him as well.

Because Floyd hasnt gone up in weight?

Not a strong argument.

No, they're not going to tell him that. Its on Golovkin if he turns down the fight. They sanctioned Cotto vs Canelo at a catchweight. You're crazy if you think the WBC is really going to take Canelo's strap if Golovkin decides not to take the fight.
You are not sincere. Canelo agreed to that weight so the fight went on. If the MW champ has a mandatory the weight will always be 160. That's why he has no leverage to demand 155. If the WBC tell GGG to fuck off because he won't agree to 155 and strip his belt instead of Canelo's then we all know why. And the WBC wI'll lose all credibility.

You are not sincere. Canelo agreed to that weight so the fight went on. If the MW champ has a mandatory the weight will always be 160. That's why he has no leverage to demand 155. If the WBC tell GGG to fuck off because he won't agree to 155 and strip his belt instead of Canelo's then we all know why. And the WBC wI'll lose all credibility.
The WBC has no credibility anyway.

It is not bullshit. You THINK its bullshit because the guy you like isn't getting to call the shots. a fight at 155 pounds is still a middleweight fight.
You see, Seano, I like them equally. Apparently you are the one with the bias. I'd rather see GGG fight Ward at 168 but he decided to take a 2 year hiatus and is now fighting at 175. Don't pretend to know me but I'm sure beginning to learn about you.

You see, Seano, I like them equally.

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Apparently you are the one with the bias. I'd rather see GGG fight Ward at 168 but he decided to take a 2 year hiatus and is now fighting at 175. Don't pretend to know me but I'm sure beginning to learn about you.

Go fuck yourself.

100% Bullshit.
The sanctioning body determines the weightclass for each of it's belts. If the WBC say the weight limit to contest the belt is 160 lbs, then by Christ it's 160 lbs.

Sometimes to make a fight between two guys from different weight classes doable, it's perfectly fine to pick something in the middle. Negotiate what you want if it isn't a title fight, but when you are contesting for a championship belt the weight is governed by the sanctioning body.

If the WBC wants to create a new weight class for Canelo, and make him the champ that's one thing, but if you are claiming to be the MW champion, it's 160.

You see, Seano, I like them equally. Apparently you are the one with the bias. I'd rather see GGG fight Ward at 168 but he decided to take a 2 year hiatus and is now fighting at 175. Don't pretend to know me but I'm sure beginning to learn about you.
Ward was down for Golovkin, just not at 164.

Back