"GGG hasn't fought someone like Kirkland , Canelo wins " Naazim | Page 4

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Marc A, May 16, 2017.

1. rikwebb Purple Belt

rikwebb
    Pretty much the only time i can remember Canelo really being hurt (timestamped)

2. Jonny Ninja Purple Belt

Jonny Ninja
    Mathew mackilin described golovkins jab like a straight right from other mws, and he is a tough dude in all fairness! I agree that canelo is the better boxer and stylistically it's a good fight, but I think size, power and durability are the areas that will win the fight. I wouldn't be suprised to see canelo get the win though. This fight is intriguing

Marc A likes this.
  3. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    Not sure what your arguing here ?

4. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    If you aren't sure, let me take swing at it. I think he's saying that even though GGG was not trying to hit hard 100%, plus having various extra padding on his hands and the head of Mosley means that Mosley must have been hit awful hard, if, by contrast, Mosley had no headgear, Canelo had smaller gloves and it was an actual bout and both were swinging with bad intentions.

If that helps?...

Marc A likes this.
  5. The Can Opener Purple Belt

The Can Opener
    Good analysis.

Appreciate the thoughtful response and the interesting opinions as well.

The only thing I really disagree with is that Jacobs wasn't hurt badly. The knockdown was obviously clean but I actually thought he was hurt worse a couple of other times without going down. The worst was after he took an uppercut then a couple other clean shots. I thought he was going to sleep but the round ended. I don't remember exactly when it happened but I'll probably watch the fight again this weekend and try to find it.

6. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    Alvarez doesn't march people down, so GGG won't have to worry about that.

Minowafanatic likes this.
  7. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

randomg1t
    yeah that's something i've been thinking about. everyone keeps saying how this will be difficult if they're both put out of their element, but the way i see it their styles play right into each other's strengths.

golovkin comes forward like a tank. canelo loves to counter.

they're like yin - yang.

Marc A likes this.
  8. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    I get to that part . But what I said was that Shane said GGG hits harder but says Canelo hits hard , not as hard as GGG but is more sharper with his punches .

Do you think he meant that GGG would also be sharper than Canelo if he wasn't sparring ? Shane was talking about Canelo being technically sharper than GGG but can still crack

9. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    The better boxer will win on that night . And already talks of Trilogy lol

10. aries Red Belt

aries
    Yeah this is a great stylistic match up. Should be fight of the year candidate, if it last's that long. Personally I don't think Canelo, tough as he is, can handle the full blown power of the hardest hitting MW there is.

11. wilddeuces Purple Belt

wilddeuces
    Not if GGG loses the first fight, because he has no rematch clause and is 35. Trilogy, only if GGG wins the first one.

You also said:

"I get to that part . But what I said was that Shane said GGG hits harder but says Canelo hits hard , not as hard as GGG but is more sharper with his punches .

Do you think he meant that GGG would also be sharper than Canelo if he wasn't sparring ? Shane was talking about Canelo being technically sharper than GGG but can still crack"

...so I thought I'd answer here.

I really don't know what he's saying, but Mosley sometimes can be convoluted. Anyway, the fact that a surging 154 lber couldn't put away an old Mosley says that either Mosley is very, very good, or that Alvarez's power isn't what it's cracked up to be. I expect that once GGG starts racking up punches, then Canelo will slow down quite noticeably. I mean, really, Alvarez is just going to have to be super-human with his reactions, but Amir Khan was dusting him up in some spots. GGG isn't as fast, but his timing is ridiculous, especially with that jab. He starts working that jab and getting traction then he breaks him down. Maybe even stops him. Alvarez only counters slopping jabs, thrown with a disregard to the fundamentals, with that right hand. Smart pressure vs youthful speed. That's the story.

Marc A likes this.
  12. Marc A 2017 is my year

Marc A
    Thank you for clearing that up , I really hate bumping this thread, promoting Canelo is a bit ahead of my schedule ( really wanted to talk Brook v Spence ) , but i want to add this to the discussion

The jab of both men will be telling
    Abel feels that it won't be part of the gameplan , I suspect he is bluffing .

Chepo already is working on GGG "tells" to counter him hard .

I think people are sleeping on Canelo's rhythm , which will help him vs GGG

I keep hearing about GGG legendary pressure but I don't feel it's going be a factor with Canelo who is at a very high point in confidence

Ggg timing is going get disrupted and he will be punshed backing up

Of course GGG is the rightful favorite

13. quincy k Green Belt

quincy k
    mosely has said that floyd hits as hard as canelo and paq hit harder than both. iirc, he said that he didnt remember three or four rounds after manny knocked him down

shane wanted to quit in the paq fight but the severe blister in his foot might have had something to do with it.

14. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    Is that the way to go here?

15. JayE Brown Belt

JayE
    What was your Jacobs/Golovkin prediction? I don't think I had a bet with you, because you were too chickenshit.

16. stuff jones Green Belt

stuff jones
    Yeah real men gamble. You sound straight out of the 50s.

17. Oscaraps Brown Belt

Oscaraps
    That's interesting I would had thought that canelo hit considerably harder than Floyd, not surprised about PAC though.

18. chiefwiggum Black Belt

chiefwiggum
    I agree but to fight one of the greatest of our generation is invaluable experience.

nastyleft likes this.
  19. nastyleft Brown Belt

nastyleft
    The mental aspect of fighting a very big fight against an extremely skilled boxer and the things you can take away from the experience. From in and outside the ring buildup to film study, adjustments and learning tricks and set-ups that he may have gotten caught with, that he himself can work on using in his own fights. Theres a shit ton you can learn from fighting a hall of famer.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  20. nastyleft Brown Belt

nastyleft
    shouldve stopped right there, Mosley IS/WAS very very good. A hall of famer thats only been knocked down once, versus an up and comer still learning at the highest level. What was Canelo, 21-22 when they fought?