"GGG hasn't fought someone like Kirkland , Canelo wins " Naazim

After hearing GGG confess he took it easy on Brook and Jacobs (to get the Canelo fight made) . Canelo has no chance

Nazzim and the rest of the pros picking Canelo are in for surprise when GGG shows he's hidden aka holding back skills

Bah, I call bullshit. David wasn't scared at all. He fought for 8 rounds trying to take GGG's head clean off. He is a better fighter and bigger puncher than the shell of Kirkland that fought Canelo and he got murdered.

To say Jacobs did so well just because he wasn't scared isn't fair to Jacobs. He put on a great performance because he's a great fighter. Kell did well for a couple rounds because he has fast hands and nice combos. He still got his skull quite literally broken into pieces. So saying GGG got exposed by either guy is pretty out there. One guy showcased his own talents and lost because he got knocked down and hurt badly a couple times. The other guy got crushed.
Of course it's fair to say Jacobs due to not fighting scared helped his performance

Jacobs did fight scared. He was the much larger man, is used to being the aggressor, and yet primarily fought off the back foot vs GGG flurrying here and there in dramatic but mostly ineffective fashion.

He was the much larger fighter. He should have fought like it.

Oh wow Ángulo saying the same thing as mr Richardson

Angulo, 34, says Golovkin’s punching power would give him a chance of beating Canelo, but he seems Canelo showed that he can take a hard punch without getting knocked out when he beat the hard hitting James Kirkland in 2015. Kirkland landed 3 rounds before Canelo knocked him out. Before Kirkland was knocked out, he landed a few really big punches in the fight. He tested Canelo’s chin, and he took the power and was able to get Kirkland out of there. Canelo could do the same thing against Golovkin. Kirkland wasn’t able to last long against Canelo because he was too slow.

Kirkland’s hand speed looked much slower than Canelo’s speed. Golovkin is about as fast as Kirkland as far as hand speed goes. The main differences between Kirkland and Golovkin are the defensive ability and the jab of GGG. As we saw in Golovkin’s fight with Danieo Jacobs, Triple G can be hard to hit when he wants to be. He made Jacobs miss a lot in that fight. But it came at the expensive of his own offense, because he didn’t throw nearly as many punches as he normally does in his fights.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/04/angulo-golovkins-chin-hasnt-tested-100-canelo-chance/

Jacobs did fight scared. He was the much larger man, is used to being the aggressor, and yet primarily fought off the back foot vs GGG flurrying here and there in dramatic but mostly ineffective fashion.

you're saying he should have fought a fight that suited Golovkin, basically. I will agree that he maybe took a round or two too long coming back from the KD but otherwise, I thought he fought a perfect fight.

Bah, I call bullshit. David wasn't scared at all. He fought for 8 rounds trying to take GGG's head clean off. He is a better fighter and bigger puncher than the shell of Kirkland that fought Canelo and he got murdered.

To say Jacobs did so well just because he wasn't scared isn't fair to Jacobs. He put on a great performance because he's a great fighter. Kell did well for a couple rounds because he has fast hands and nice combos. He still got his skull quite literally broken into pieces. So saying GGG got exposed by either guy is pretty out there. One guy showcased his own talents and lost because he got knocked down and hurt badly a couple times. The other guy got crushed.

Exposed is a bit melodramatic, but we did learn things about Golovkin that weren't apparent before that fight (and that we could have only learned from Golovkin fighting a genuinely good MW). His ability to cut off the ring, something that I might have said was his best quality next his punching power before the fight, did not look nearly as good against a genuinely good boxer in Jacobs. At the same time, he showed he be a little tighter defensively than some might have originally thought against a big puncher with a varied punch selection and fast hands.

I'd also argue that Jacobs wasn't hurt badly a couple of times (arguably only clearly hurt once when he was knocked down, and even then, I'm not sure I'd say he was hurt badly).

In some ways his performance against Jacobs might actually give people reason to think he has a better chance against Canelo than he did before he fought Jacobs. Canelo is sharp defensively, but he definitely isn't the mover that Jacobs is, and Golovkin wasn't wide open to be hit all fight by Jacobs, either. We also saw Golovkin take a lot of flush shots from Jacobs without getting visibly hurt, and Jacobs is likely a bigger puncher than Canelo. What may be a tad concerning is that Golovkin's workrate didn't necessarily build as the fight went on. He didn't look the fresher man in the 12th, and I have always thought that stamina and workrate was one of the clear areas of advantage for Golovkin over Canelo; I'm not as sure of that anymore.

you're saying he should have fought a fight that suited Golovkin, basically. I will agree that he maybe took a round or two too long coming back from the KD but otherwise, I thought he fought a perfect fight.

No, I think he should have tried to back the smaller man up.

After hearing GGG confess he took it easy on Brook and Jacobs (to get the Canelo fight made) . Canelo has no chance

Nazzim and the rest of the pros picking Canelo are in for surprise when GGG shows he's hidden aka holding back skills

i have never seen a direct qoute of golovkin saying that he took it easy on jacobs. i remeber seeing seven smtih saying somethign of that nature but never golovkin himself.

that is not something golvkin would say knowing that it would be disparaging to jacobs

Ya its always smart to fight to your opponents advantage. Youd make a hell of a coach.

while i dont knock Danny for fighting his fight and sticking and moving, people have wonder how GGG will handle when someone can put him on the backfoot. That was one of the reason people wanted to see him fight Chavez Jr YEARS ago.

Im pretty sure that fighters just say random shit to draw attention to the fight.

No, I think he should have tried to back the smaller man up.
Like when he got knocked down and almost out of the fight.
Yeah. Dont take a few rounds to regain your wits and senses.
Yeah just throw caution to the win. Try to out GGG, GGG. Lol
You are so obsessed with Jacob's size it is creepy at this point. There is something deeper going on there.

Last edited:
while i dont knock Danny for fighting his fight and sticking and moving, people have wonder how GGG will handle when someone can put him on the backfoot. That was one of the reason people wanted to see him fight Chavez Jr YEARS ago.
Im confused. Which Chavez Jr. Is" years ago Chavez Jr."
Is that Chavez Jr that quit on his stool vs a lesser fighter than GGG
Or the Chavez Jr that could never make weight and still got beat soundly by smaller less powerful MW champ than GGG
I can never keep up with all the different mythical versions of Chavez Jr.

Im confused. Which Chavez Jr. Is" years ago Chavez Jr."
Is that Chavez Jr that quit on his stool vs a lesser fighter than GGG
Or the Chavez Jr that could never make weight and still got beat soundly by smaller less powerful MW champ than GGG
I can never keep up with all the different mythical versions of Chavez Jr.

the one that stop Andy Lee by Outwieghting and using his wieght adv to get the win. Same one that walk though Serigo Mora like as if he was Paulie Malagini.

i have never seen a direct qoute of golovkin saying that he took it easy on jacobs. i remeber seeing seven smtih saying somethign of that nature but never golovkin himself.
that is not something golvkin would say knowing that it would be disparaging to jacobs

In the ring interview golovkin said something similar to "I respect jacobs. I didn't want to destroy him" Now that sounds like he took it easy on him, but then again GGG's English isn't the best, so it's hard to say.

@RR, I've found Jacobs a better trainer.

Ha. You're right. Jacobs strategy worked as evidenced by that W he earned. Oh wait.

Seriously if you're basically a LHW and can't force GGG to fight of the back foot, something is wrong. Weve never seen GGG fight off the back foot - try to see if you can make him.

But you're right, Jacobs passive strategy worked.

You lost me when you said his chin is greatly overrated. How could a guy with 50ish professional fights who has never been down or even visibly hurt and used to fight everyone he could get his hands on have an overrated chin? If anyone who is not completely biased judges his chin based on who he fought and how clean they hit him they would say it was granite so far in his career.

This is coming from me and I just placed 3 separate bets on GGG to beat Canelo. Two of those bets he has to win by knockout but regardless of what I think and hope happens in the upcoming fight I still know Canelo has a great chin.

Name one big puncher hes taken Solid shot from. You can't.

Back