"GGG hasn't fought someone like Kirkland , Canelo wins " Naazim

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score

He's the boxing expert but I disagree , he also says that GGG hasn't faced a Mayweather ever and that fight also helped Canelo become better , says that GGG hasn't fought the monsters Canelo has -paraphrasing

What I don't understand is how exactly does the Mayweather fight help Canelo against GGG? There's literally almost no transferable lesson when you consider styles.

Cans like Danny Jacobs can't compare to world beaters like James Kirkland.

Cans like Danny Jacobs can't compare to world beaters like James Kirkland.
I am sure he talks about overall resume ,
He does say that his resume is weak overall compared to Canelo. Canelo has honed his skill in the pros with much better competition.
Do you disagree?

Says everyone fought GGG scared until he was exposed , once that happened he didn't react well

Says Kirkland can punch very hard and wanted to kill Canelo

He sounds as biased as a silly GGG fan to me.

GGG punches very hard and won't want to kill Canelo, which makes him way more dangerous than Kirkland.

He's unbeaten, Canelo isn't and lost to a true WW, which hardly makes GGG more "exposed" in any way.

Etc.

I'm not saying Canelo has no chance (he certainly does), but I expected better analysis from the guy.

Yeah, definitely not the most convincing thing Naazim has ever said.

Basically its two white guys, Naazim is probably hoping canelo and ggg KO each other at the same time.

NEEEEEEXT

GGG punches very hard and won't want to kill Canelo, which makes him way more dangerous than Kirkland.

He's unbeaten, Canelo isn't and lost to a true WW, which hardly makes GGG more "exposed" in any way.

Etc.

I'm not saying Canelo has no chance (he certainly does), but I expected better analysis from the guy.
The analysis was this

GGG likes to move forward but once Canelo counters hard and he will since GGG is very hittable will be forced to move backwards ( which he doesn't know how to fight , GGG)

Canelo will outbox GGG with counters and viscous body shots . He has higher skill set in the pros than GGG

The analysis was this

GGG likes to move forward but once Canelo counters hard and he will since GGG is very hittable will be forced to move backwards ( which he doesn't know how to fight , GGG)

Canelo will outbox GGG with counters and viscous body shots . He has higher skill set in the pros than GGG

The only problem with that analysis is it doesn't take into account the size and power advantage that GGG has over Canelo. Does Canelo have enough power with his punches to keep a rampaging GGG at bay? Can he take GGG punches? Personally I don't think so. Although smaller than Canelo, Brook was doing pretty well until GGG decided to just walk through his punches. I think we'll see something similar. Canelo will last longer though.

The only problem with that analysis is it doesn't take into account the size and power advantage that GGG has over Canelo. Does Canelo have enough power with his punches to keep a rampaging GGG at bay? Can he take GGG punches? Personally I don't think so. Although smaller than Canelo, Brook was doing pretty well until GGG decided to just walk through his punches. I think we'll see something similar. Canelo will last longer though.
That's a good point we shall see , what happens also if ggg can't hurt Canelo who has the advantage then ?
Boxing wise Canelo is said to be better
For what's it worth , Mosley said Canelo punches hard , not as hard as GGG but Canelo's punches are sharper

That's a good point we shall see , what happens also if ggg can't hurt Canelo who has the advantage then ?
For what's it worth , Mosley said Canelo punches hard , not as hard as GGG but Canelo's punches are sharper
If GGG can't hurt Canelo? Then I'd agree the fight favours Canelo as I think he's the better boxer overall. I think we'll be able to tell fairly early on in the fight if there is a big gap in terms of power/chin between the two.

What I don't understand is how exactly does the Mayweather fight help Canelo against GGG? There's literally almost no transferable lesson when you consider styles.

Mayweather had better timing and distance than Canelo. GGG also has better timing (with that jab, tell me who has better timing?) and distance than Canelo but employs it differently (as pressure, not creating space).

Anyway, you are right. There's not much to transfer here.

And Mosley was only sparring GGG (where Mosley admitted they weren't going all out), whereas he was actually fighting Canelo which means they pull out all the stops. What happens then, when GGG goes to 11 (on a scale of 1-10; Spinal Tap anyone?....*walks backward in an embarrassed maner)? I wonder.

So many question marks in this fight. Canelo has a chin at 154 and his Canelo weight, but Chavez Jr. didn't do much to let me see Canelo's whiskers get tested at the higher weight against a bigger fighter.

Etc.

So as biased as any fan about anyone, ever, in the history of mankind? :)

But, to address your last point, I agree. There are some great boxing minds and I mine the interviews on YouTube so I can get more insight, but they can get so damn biased sometimes that it skews the powers of perception and the experience that they bring to the table.

And Mosley was only sparring GGG (where Mosley admitted they weren't going all out), whereas he was actually fighting Canelo which means they pull out all the stops. What happens then, when GGG goes to 11 (on a scale of 1-10; Spinal Tap anyone?....*walks backward in an embarrassed maner)? I wonder.

So many question marks in this fight. Canelo has a chin at 154 and his Canelo weight, but Chavez Jr. didn't do much to let me see Canelo's whiskers get tested at the higher weight against a bigger fighter.
Power will be a huge factor , I can't help thinking that Canelo will be in shook

But if he can handle ggg power the tides will favor Canelo

I hear ya. If it happens that even a couple clean punches a round happen to land then it's gonna be a rough night for Canelo. He doesn't have the size that Jacobs did to allow him to take a punch and he doesn't have the feet to stay out of danger.

I'd agree, fighting Mayweather helps you become better. No big secret about fighting

Jacobs moved very well in the GGG fight, I don't see Canelo being able to employ that movement for 12 rounds. As others have said, power is the big factor. GGG hasn't faced a guy with a punch selection like Canelo either.

The analysis was this

GGG will not be forced backwards. He would rather go down instead of fighting backing up.

Jacobs put some cannonballs in GGG's face and in his guts but he never made him try going backwards. Canelo is a tough little bastard but he does not have the same pop that Jacobs does. If Canelo tries to force GGG to go backwards he's gonna get proper fucked. If he stands within countering distance and does a bit of circling after his combos it will be a great fight. Pushing the issue and forgetting his skill set while trying to bang GGG out is a death sentence.

I love this whole "Until he decided to just walk through his punches!!!!!!!1!!1!11111oneoneoneoneone" narrative. No one ever wants to get hit in the face by another pro boxer with an undefeated record within 20 lbs of you.

Last edited:
Danny Jacobs > Kirkland.

But I think Canelo will surprise people and make a great fight out of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back