"GGG hasn't fought someone like Kirkland , Canelo wins " Naazim

Danny Jacobs > Kirkland.

But I think Canelo will surprise people and make a great fight out of this.
Would you say Cotto over Jacobs

And further say Canelo's resume is stronger than GGG

GGG will not be forced backwards. He would rather go down instead of fighting backing up.

Jacobs put some cannonballs in GGG's face and in his guts but he never made him try going backwards. .
GGG absolutely was forced to go backwards at times vs Jacobs , I am sure Jacobs in the rematch will make GGG pay for it even more

I'd take Jacobs over Cotto all day, assuming they fought at MW. Cotto beat a washed up SGM at a catch weight and then lost the MW title at a catch weight. He never once fought at MW, I'd take Jacobs 100%.

Canelo's resume is better than GGG's, but Canelo didn't have the same issues getting people to agree to fight him.

i'd expect danny to beat cotto at 160... quite badly, to be honest. but mostly because he's like twice his size.

p4p, i'd say cotto is better. but size does matter, and i think it played a pretty big factor in canelo's victory over cotto - but i wouldn't say danny's size really had much to do with his success against golovkin.

i don't understand how gennady not having fought someone like kirkland is of any relevance here. does anyone believe golovkin wouldn't cave kirkland's skull in?

I love this whole "Until he decided to just walk through his punches!!!!!!!1!!1!11111oneoneoneoneone" narrative. No one ever wants to get hit in the face by another pro boxer with an undefeated record within 20 lbs of you.
I don't see how you can't see it. GGG was getting boxed up by Kell Brook then after a few rounds started turning on the afterburners and coming forward hard despite Brook still catching him. That's how he applies pressure. Brook hit him with some pretty good shots that did nothing to him.

i'd expect danny to beat cotto at 160... quite badly, to be honest. but mostly because he's like twice his size.

p4p, i'd say cotto is better. but size does matter, and i think it played a pretty big factor in canelo's victory over cotto - but i wouldn't say danny's size really had much to do with his success against golovkin.

i don't understand how gennady not having fought someone like kirkland is of any relevance here. does anyone believe golovkin wouldn't cave kirkland's skull in?

I think Jacobs size played a big part in the GGG fight but moreso his length and reach as opposed to actual weight.

Jacobs murders Cotto. Too big and pretty much a perfect style match for Jacobs to look great. Not knocking Cotto cause it's not even a fair fight but still.

Jacobs murders Kirkland too. That dude is shot in every other fight. He has his moments but he is often gone mentally and physically before a fight even starts. For Nazim to use him as a reason Canelo beats GGG is just crazy. He has waaaay better guys on his resume than Kirkland.

I still have GGG beating them all though.

The only problem with that analysis is it doesn't take into account the size and power advantage that GGG has over Canelo. Does Canelo have enough power with his punches to keep a rampaging GGG at bay? Can he take GGG punches? Personally I don't think so. Although smaller than Canelo, Brook was doing pretty well until GGG decided to just walk through his punches. I think we'll see something similar. Canelo will last longer though.

canelo power is a media creation, so is his physicality; in most fights he been the bigger guy by far and his big ko's have come against shop worn/vulnerable guys...

canelo boxing is underrated, his power and chin are greatly overrated...

and noone has mentioned the golovkin who boxes, vs lemieux we saw a def responsible jab first measured fighter..even v jacobs we saw a patient jab oriented golovkin, he has layers; he aint a chump or one dimensional guy

canelo power is a media creation, so is his physicality; in most fights he been the bigger guy by far and his big ko's have come against shop worn/vulnerable guys...

canelo boxing is underrated, his power and chin are greatly overrated...

and noone has mentioned the golovkin who boxes, vs lemieux we saw a def responsible jab first measured fighter..even v jacobs we saw a patient jab oriented golovkin, he has layers; he aint a chump or one dimensional guy

You lost me when you said his chin is greatly overrated. How could a guy with 50ish professional fights who has never been down or even visibly hurt and used to fight everyone he could get his hands on have an overrated chin? If anyone who is not completely biased judges his chin based on who he fought and how clean they hit him they would say it was granite so far in his career.

This is coming from me and I just placed 3 separate bets on GGG to beat Canelo. Two of those bets he has to win by knockout but regardless of what I think and hope happens in the upcoming fight I still know Canelo has a great chin.

You lost me when you said his chin is greatly overrated. How could a guy with 50ish professional fights who has never been down or even visibly hurt and used to fight everyone he could get his hands on have an overrated chin? If anyone who is not completely biased judges his chin based on who he fought and how clean they hit him they would say it was granite so far in his career.

This is coming from me and I just placed 3 separate bets on GGG to beat Canelo. Two of those bets he has to win by knockout but regardless of what I think and hope happens in the upcoming fight I still know Canelo has a great chin.

i meant from the instance that a) he hasnt fought alot of big hitters and b) he is a very good defensive guy. We havent seen his chin be tested consistently cus he is very very slick. overrated is probably harsh; but golovkin has taken jacobs lemieux stevens best shots... noone on canelo resume cracks like that, and more importanly all three were close to or in their prime when they fought gennady

but ur right that was a unfair statement..

Prior to kell and Danny everyone fought ggg scared is what Nazzim meant , once people fought him not scared he became exposed

Says Danny best GGG and showed that if you don't fight ggg scared he isn't this killer

That's what he meant by never fighting a Kirkland , someone who isn't scared to take it too him

i meant from the instance that a) he hasnt fought alot of big hitters and b) he is a very good defensive guy. We havent seen his chin be tested consistently cus he is very very slick. overrated is probably harsh; but golovkin has taken jacobs lemieux stevens best shots... noone on canelo resume cracks like that, and more importanly all three were close to or in their prime when they fought gennady

but ur right that was a unfair statement..

I agree with that.

Prior to kell and Danny everyone fought ggg scared is what Nazzim meant , once people fought him not scared he became exposed

Says Danny best GGG and showed that if you don't fight ggg scared he isn't this killer

That's what he meant by never fighting a Kirkland , someone who isn't scared to take it too him

Bah, I call bullshit. David wasn't scared at all. He fought for 8 rounds trying to take GGG's head clean off. He is a better fighter and bigger puncher than the shell of Kirkland that fought Canelo and he got murdered.

To say Jacobs did so well just because he wasn't scared isn't fair to Jacobs. He put on a great performance because he's a great fighter. Kell did well for a couple rounds because he has fast hands and nice combos. He still got his skull quite literally broken into pieces. So saying GGG got exposed by either guy is pretty out there. One guy showcased his own talents and lost because he got knocked down and hurt badly a couple times. The other guy got crushed.

I don't see how you can't see it. GGG was getting boxed up by Kell Brook then after a few rounds started turning on the afterburners and coming forward hard despite Brook still catching him. That's how he applies pressure. Brook hit him with some pretty good shots that did nothing to him.
Brook was landing here and there for sure. But every time 3G landed he took a lot out of brook. Brook had to pay dearly every time he landed until he couldn't take anymore. But in no way did GGG say "well golly this isn't working, I better just let him punch me some more times so I can get closer. The only way this works is by him punching me in the face, I can't be bothered to use footwork that I've trained a bunch to use."

For what's it worth , Mosley said Canelo punches hard , not as hard as GGG but Canelo's punches are sharper
Do you think....maybe.....Mosley fighting with Canelo in 10oz gloves vs sparring with GGG in 16ozs and headgear has something to do with it ?

Though, I can definitely say Mosley being a small interest holder in Golden Boy Promotions has nothing to do with him promoting Canelo, a Golden Boy fighter.

<JagsKiddingMe>

True. But in GGGs defense, Canelo has never fought someone like Dominic Wade before. Based on this analysis, the fight seems too close to call.

Last edited:
Brook was landing here and there for sure. But every time 3G landed he took a lot out of brook. Brook had to pay dearly every time he landed until he couldn't take anymore. But in no way did GGG say "well golly this isn't working, I better just let him punch me some more times so I can get closer. The only way this works is by him punching me in the face, I can't be bothered to use footwork that I've trained a bunch to use."
We just don't see it the same then. GGG going forward in a highly offensively focused way means he didn't worry about his defence because he knew that Kell didn't have the power to hurt him. If he was worried about Kells power then why didn't he fight the way he did when he fought Jacobs or Lemieux? That was a much more defensively minded GGG.

Back