GGG- CANELO MOST POWERFUL AND HARDEST PUNCHER I WILL FACE IN MY CAREER

Let me ask you this: do you feel GGG is an elite fighter?

he is elite but i dont think he will have success at 168. these guys will outweigh him by 10-12 pounds. delusional people dont realize that if gennady golovkin were to beat andre ward it would only be overshadowed by michael spinks beating larry holmes or ray leonard beating marvin hagler...both arguably #1 pfp fighters that fought at a higher weight class

he is elite but i dont think he will have success at 168. these guys will outweigh him by 10-12 pounds. delusional people dont realize that if gennady golovkin were to beat andre ward it would only be overshadowed by michael spinks beating larry holmes or ray leonard beating marvin hagler...both arguably #1 pfp fighters that fought at a higher weight class
. Appreciate your honesty
So if and a BiG if Canelo beats GGG , it wouldn't be a faded GGG right ?

Last edited:
. Appreciate your honesty
So if and a BiG if Canelo beats GGG , it wouldn't be a faded GGG right ?

no. but one could make a case that gennady is no longer prime

if canelo beats golovkin it would be bigger than when wright arguably beat taylor

How would they outweigh him by 10-12lbs if theyre fighting at the same weight limit?

Because they cut more weight.
I still dont see the issue. You keep trying to make rehydration weight an issue when the dudes that actually step in the ring couldnt care less. If you and your opponent make weight then deal with it...no excuses.

I still dont see the issue. You keep trying to make rehydration weight an issue when the dudes that actually step in the ring couldnt care less. If you and your opponent make weight then deal with it...no excuses.
Well that's your opinion. Not everyone agrees or you wouldn't have to keep asking the same question. And if fighters didn't care why are there rehydration clauses in contracts?

Well that's your opinion. Not everyone agrees or you wouldn't have to keep asking the same question. And if fighters didn't care why are there rehydration clauses in contracts?
so they can weigh in fine and get back up to big boi status.

The title is deceiving. GGG didn't say that, he just responded yes to a question he may or may not have xxx.

The title is deceiving. GGG didn't say that, he just responded yes to a question he may or may not have xxx.
You are 100 percent right

How would you word it then ,

GGG was asked if Canelo will be the hardest most powerful punchers he has ever faced and GGG says yes amd says first real champ ?

I always felt Canelo was kind of a pillow fisted power puncher

He throws a lot of power shots but they rarely have a devastating impact on his opponents. I mean just look at how many he threw against Angulo and he was never that hurt.

Even against smaller opponents like Cotto I remember seeing him land some great shots that you would expect a knockdown at least (like that epic uppercut)

Khan also took a few decent shots before the shot that would KO a horse and people say he has a glass chin.

Many who have fought Canelo have said the same from Mosley to Hatton. He doesn't punch that hard.
If only one of the people that liked this post went the same way...

Not the first time a guy hasn't done what the association wants. I just dont get all the crying about rehydration. Some people think it makes a difference, some don't care. I really don't believe when it comes down to it, that it guarantees the "bigger man" will win. If so then Jacobs should've won. Canelo should've beaten Floyd, and Manny never should've won a fight after he left Lightweight...

Not the first time a guy hasn't done what the association wants. I just dont get all the crying about rehydration. Some people think it makes a difference, some don't care. I really don't believe when it comes down to it, that it guarantees the "bigger man" will win. If so then Jacobs should've won. Canelo should've beaten Floyd, and Manny never should've won a fight after he left Lightweight...

Rehydration cuts both directions. You get a size advantage, but risk your physical fitness. Outside of that, there is just too much focus on it. If you make the weight, you make the weight. The worst idea that I have heard is having rehydration limits, which is just dangerous because you'd undoubtedly have dehydrated fighters getting punched in the head.

Rehydration cuts both directions. You get a size advantage, but risk your physical fitness. Outside of that, there is just too much focus on it. If you make the weight, you make the weight. The worst idea that I have heard is having rehydration limits, which is just dangerous because you'd undoubtedly have dehydrated fighters getting punched in the head.
Agreed. There' s too much focus on it.

Hah, you finally found something! Nice job! you could've at least dug up the tread where we talked about that bout...

i now stay away from floyd mayweather threads as these fans are the most delusional in boxing forums.

prime winky woudlve dominated floyd like he did shane, and thats why mayweather decided not to fight wright.

coincidentally, 160 wright wouldve been moving back down to 154 with floyd moving up from 147, similar to golovkin moving to 168 and ward moving down for 175.

only difference here is that ward is arguably the #1 pfp fighter whereas winky was not.

people dont realize that a golovkin win over ward....gennadys resume immediately shits all over floyds.

gennady even agreeing to fight ward...no opponent on floyds resume comes close

i now stay away from floyd mayweather threads as these fans are the most delusional in boxing forums.

prime winky woudlve dominated floyd like he did shane, and thats why mayweather decided not to fight wright.

coincidentally, 160 wright wouldve been moving back down to 154 with floyd moving up from 147, similar to golovkin moving to 168 and ward moving down for 175.

only difference here is that ward is arguably the #1 pfp fighter whereas winky was not.

people dont realize that a golovkin win over ward....gennadys resume immediately shits all over floyds.

gennady even agreeing to fight ward...no opponent on floyds resume comes close
I do think Winky would've been a big problem for Floyd. Dominated might be an overstatement, but definitely the hardest guy stylistically Floyd would've fought...Not only a big dude but probably just as skilled. you know, Winky was probably the most ducked man back then. Unfortunately overshadowed historically too becasue those divisions were so deep with big name superstars that people liked, (Shane, Oscar, Tito, Bhop, even Roy). Very underrated dude.

Dude, 2400 posts, 5,000 likes in 6 months??!!

giphy.gif

I could have pulled those numbers... just didn't want to. Too humble to show it off, ya know?

Back