GGG- CANELO MOST POWERFUL AND HARDEST PUNCHER I WILL FACE IN MY CAREER

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score

Come on GGG don't sell out

Jacobs definitely a bigger puncher than Canelo. Canelo has quickest hands and best combo's GGG has fought, though. Can't wait for this shit.

I doubt canelo hits harder than Lemieux or Jacobs but his counters combos and bodywork are going to Ben difficult for ggg.

I doubt canelo hits harder than Lemieux or Jacobs but his counters combos and bodywork are going to Ben difficult for ggg.
I remmember when Lim kept dropping N'dam, Oscar and B-hop stood up in the crowd and stared at eachother like it was rehearsed. I lol'ed.

I remmember when Lim kept dropping N'dam, Oscar and B-hop stood up in the crowd and stared at eachother like it was rehearsed. I lol'ed.

Not to take away from Lemieux dropping N'Dam that much, but N'Dam gets dropped a ton. I think Quillin put him down the same amount. To N'Dam's credit, he has very good recovery, and he doesn't stop getting back up.

Anyway, I'd say Jacobs and Lemieux are almost certainly harder punchers. Canelo has the more impressive punch selection, though.

Golovkin is just generating hype. Is normal. If I was going into my biggest payday, I'd probably want to maximize the opportunity too.

Anyway, no disrespect at all, but English is his second language, did biggest mean biggest, or was it the best descriptor he had? "Best" puncher, yes; "biggest" doubtfully.

Golovkin is just generating hype. Is normal. If I was going into my biggest payday, I'd probably want to maximize the opportunity too.

Anyway, no disrespect at all, but English is his second language, did biggest mean biggest, or was it the best descriptor he had? "Best" puncher, yes; "biggest" doubtfully.
True enough but he also said Canelo is the first real champ he has fought I don't like the way he is sellout out

He will still ko Canelo but damn talk about switching his words

It's called respect for a worthy opponent... You guys always want to claim its fake hype, he's full of shit or whatever, but what if he's just being genuine. Have we ever seen GGG be anything other than that in interviews??? It's no secret that both guys will be facing the toughest challenge of their careers.They both know that and expect both of them to come in at their best.

As far as Canelo hitting harder...it's all in the set-up. Canelo's punches take more effect on guys becasue he catches them in traps, looking the other way and nifty counters. If they were all at a "Dave an Busters" and hitting the Punch-O-Meter, maybe Canelo would be behind Lemieux and Jacobs; but in the ring the kid for sure puts the right amount of leverage to KO anybody.

True enough but he also said Canelo is the first real champ he has fought I don't like the way he is sellout out

You're that sure he'll KO Canelo? GGG seems to be slowing just a little and being 35 to Canelo's 26....if I had to put money on this fight, it'd be on the ginger Mexican. Also I feel like GGG has been very hittable in his last 2 fights(more so than his last several anyways), Canelo will work the body and stay on him a lot more than Jacob's did when he starts landing and Canelo will do a lot more damage than Brook did surely. I feel like this is Canelo's fight, but I'm rooting for GGG though I feel like he's an ambassador for Kazakhstan.

Last edited:
You're that sure he'll KO Canelo? GGG seems to be slowing just a little and being 35 to Canelo's 26....if I had to put money on this fight, it'd be on the ginger Mexican. Also I feel like GGG has been very hittable in his last 2 fights(more so than his last several anyways), Canelo will work the body and stay on him a lot more than Jacob's did when he starts landing and Canelo will do a lot more damage than Brook did surely. I feel like this is Canelo's fight, but I'm rooting for GGG though I feel like he's a an ambassador for Kazakhstan.

Dude, 2400 posts, 5,000 likes in 6 months??!!

giphy.gif

It's called respect for a worthy opponent... You guys always want to claim its fake hype, he's full of shit or whatever, but what if he's just being genuine. Have we ever seen GGG be anything other than that in interviews??? It's no secret that both guys will be facing the toughest challenge of their careers.They both know that and expect both of them to come in at their best.

As far as Canelo hitting harder...it's all in the set-up. Canelo's punches take more effect on guys becasue he catches them in traps, looking the other way and nifty counters. If they were all at a "Dave an Busters" and hitting the Punch-O-Meter, maybe Canelo would be behind Lemieux and Jacobs; but in the ring the kid for sure puts the right amount of leverage to KO anybody.

He's a genuinely a nice, respectful dude. It isn't fake

Feel like Canelo should be saying this.

Golovkin just giving props and building up the fight.

You're that sure he'll KO Canelo? GGG seems to be slowing just a little and being 35 to Canelo's 26....if I had to put money on this fight, it'd be on the ginger Mexican. Also I feel like GGG has been very hittable in his last 2 fights(more so than his last several anyways), Canelo will work the body and stay on him a lot more than Jacob's did when he starts landing and Canelo will do a lot more damage than Brook did surely. I feel like this is Canelo's fight, but I'm rooting for GGG though I feel like he's an ambassador for Kazakhstan.
I am rooting for Canelo put he is very static at times and I think GGG can catch him with timing

He is slick but in spurts

I always felt Canelo was kind of a pillow fisted power puncher

He throws a lot of power shots but they rarely have a devastating impact on his opponents. I mean just look at how many he threw against Angulo and he was never that hurt.

Even against smaller opponents like Cotto I remember seeing him land some great shots that you would expect a knockdown at least (like that epic uppercut)

Khan also took a few decent shots before the shot that would KO a horse and people say he has a glass chin.

Many who have fought Canelo have said the same from Mosley to Hatton. He doesn't punch that hard.

Well Brook was a welterweight champ, Danny didn't have the true WBA belt; really the IBF belt was won from Lemieux, who was legitimate champ at the time. I think Golovkin is wrong there in saying first real champ, unless he means lineal champion, which Canelo is by virtue of beating Cotto who beat Martinez who beat...

Well, if you take Brook and Jacobs and then look at Khan and Chavez, it becaomes pretty clear to see how things played out. Canelo beat both convincingly, GGG struggled in bits. But people readily forget that Canelo struggled with khan, especially when khan jabbed and hid his right hand. That KO was so emphatic, what got both fighters there was forgotten. Golovkin had his problems, too, but I'm not sure it was age when the techniwues and strategies applied by his opponents were causing the issues.

Thing is, you're gonna look slow against a guy that has faster feet than you. A good welterweight is gonna steal the early rounds from a bigger guy until the bigger guy catches him or catches up to him. Danny, for his own part, was a big, skilled guy. I think anybody would look less than their version of perfect against him on that night. I don't see GGG slowing down, I see good opponents fighting him. Not that the guys before were all scrubs, they had skills and limitations and GGG fought the best he could (not his fault two lineals ducked him). I don't think Canelo goes on the attack and does so successfully in this fight because Golovkin, though defensively imperfect, does enough to take the edge and bite off a lot of the punches and moves back just enough, whereas Canelo moves forward just a bit when he goes on the attack (that makes a lot of sense in my head lol). He's heavy handed but not as accurate when he is attacking (like Marquez). No way he tries to be aggressive against GGG like he did against Lara. Remember that whenever Canelo goes to the body, his hand must go that much lower and leave his head open for a counter punch. Punch for punch, I'm sorry to say, GGG wins that 10/10. Canelo needs to get off first, like Brook did, and never be in a position for GGG to find him, which will be tough because his feet are average when it comes to maneuvering around the ring. It's less work to move your feet around the ring for twelve rounds than it is to dip and twist your upper body around for twelve rounds. If Canelo admitted to slowing down against a guy that didn't hit back (chavez), what's gonna happen with that intelligent, constant pressure, jab and, of course, the combos that Alvarez has not faced at that level of destructiveness. Jacobs was always moving away so it was hard for GGG to bite the mat and land those shots. Canelo is not Jacobs.

At the same time, Canelo has the hand speed, so he can get off first. And maybe, Chavez looked so reluctant because of the power and speed Canelo had. That's a distinct possibility. Canelo might have enough of those two things to stutter the constant oppression that ggg brings in and lays on his opponents. He can throw some doubt on GGG and go to the body in a way that nobody has before. Still though, he hit a weight drained, non-responsive Chavez for 12 and never looked like he had him in big trouble, so how does one rank the power there? Can we speculate that it will be enough for GGG? Hard to say.

Gonna be a good fight but unless I'm missing an awful lot, GGG should take this.

Canelo's defense is getting close to: "stand in front of you and not get hit" level. He doesnt need good feet, its not him, its not what he does, it doesnt matter to him...different boxers apply defense different ways. With Jacobs it was with range movement in and out with his legs, because thats what he's comfortable with. Canelo uses spacing, angles, shoulders, slips, parrys and counters, right there in front of a guy. Great legs or footwork is overrated if a guy can defend without having to use them.

Well, if you take Brook and Jacobs and then look at Khan and Chavez, it becaomes pretty clear to see how things played out. Canelo beat both convincingly, GGG struggled in bits. But people readily forget that Canelo struggled with khan, especially when khan jabbed and hid his right hand. That KO was so emphatic, what got both fighters there was forgotten. Golovkin had his problems, too, but I'm not sure it was age when the techniwues and strategies applied by his opponents were causing the issues.

Thing is, you're gonna look slow against a guy that has faster feet than you. A good welterweight is gonna steal the early rounds from a bigger guy until the bigger guy catches him or catches up to him. Danny, for his own part, was a big, skilled guy. I think anybody would look less than their version of perfect against him on that night. I don't see GGG slowing down, I see good opponents fighting him. Not that the guys before were all scrubs, they had skills and limitations and GGG fought the best he could (not his fault two lineals ducked him). I don't think Canelo goes on the attack and does so successfully in this fight because Golovkin, though defensively imperfect, does enough to take the edge and bite off a lot of the punches and moves back just enough, whereas Canelo moves forward just a bit when he goes on the attack (that makes a lot of sense in my head lol). He's heavy handed but not as accurate when he is attacking (like Marquez). No way he tries to be aggressive against GGG like he did against Lara. Remember that whenever Canelo goes to the body, his hand must go that much lower and leave his head open for a counter punch. Punch for punch, I'm sorry to say, GGG wins that 10/10. Canelo needs to get off first, like Brook did, and never be in a position for GGG to find him, which will be tough because his feet are average when it comes to maneuvering around the ring. It's less work to move your feet around the ring for twelve rounds than it is to dip and twist your upper body around for twelve rounds. If Canelo admitted to slowing down against a guy that didn't hit back (chavez), what's gonna happen with that intelligent, constant pressure, jab and, of course, the combos that Alvarez has not faced at that level of destructiveness. Jacobs was always moving away so it was hard for GGG to bite the mat and land those shots. Canelo is not Jacobs.

At the same time, Canelo has the hand speed, so he can get off first. And maybe, Chavez looked so reluctant because of the power and speed Canelo had. That's a distinct possibility. Canelo might have enough of those two things to stutter the constant oppression that ggg brings in and lays on his opponents. He can throw some doubt on GGG and go to the body in a way that nobody has before. Still though, he hit a weight drained, non-responsive Chavez for 12 and never looked like he had him in big trouble, so how does one rank the power there? Can we speculate that it will be enough for GGG? Hard to say.

Gonna be a good fight but unless I'm missing an awful lot, GGG should take this.

GGG is 35 years old and had a 350 fight amateur career, I think it's safe to say he's slowing down a bit and on the downside of his prime at the very least. His performance against Kell Brook was pretty bad in my opinion, GGG defended it by saying he purposely brawled with Kell Brook and wanted to look human and exploitable so people would be willing to take fights vs him...but that's just boxing talk nonsense, it was a back and forth war and GGG was getting beaten up at points. Of course Brook who was a champion 2 weight divisions lower was going to be faster, when I say GGG is slowing down I mean relative to his own self. GGG seemed to lack his normal tenacity and pressure vs Jacobs, he had his moments and got the knockdown but he couldn't really effective change like he normally does vs Jacobs, he looked slow and complacent out there a bit.

I get that Canelo is a very different fighter than Jacobs or Brooks, but I think Canelo has the power to make Golovkin respect him, I think Canelo has the hand speed to get off first and combinations to pull away with rounds and force Golovkin to make adjustments which I really didn't see Golovkin do vs Kell or Jacobs even when he needed to. On top of this, to me it's a close and compelling fight but Golovkin is 35 and on the downside of his prime or just falling out of it (in my opinion) while Canelo is 26 and on the upside of his prime. Fights like this usually favor the younger man.

Back