Economy Germans opinions of migrants have changed

So in the same post that's about six sentences deep, you've asked "Why is American letting migrants in?" and you've also said "the cream of the crop of other countries are pulling their weight".

HOLY FUCK BALLS, and your post actually got likes.

I'm gonna tag 'em.

@Andretti @kiley_sean @ITsallinthegifs @Fergelmince @KnightTemplar @Patrick Jane

What are you guys doing here?

Can't speak for the others, but personally, I'm doing some good, old-fashioned Trolling;)

It's a welcome change of pace from the Apocalyptic grimness of the Hamas/Israel Thread:(

That’s why right wingers that hate Mexican immigration has always been funny to me.

Oh no! How dare we let hard working people that do jobs Americans don’t want to do that have actual families, family values, have great food and get along with everyone into the country. Oh yeah, and they love America and actually want to be here for freedom and better lives.

Compare that to all of the young, single, angry, military aged men coming from war torn areas into Europe with no purpose and hate the country. That’s a real immigration nightmare problem that you don’t want to deal with.

You should be welcoming Mexicans with open arms and glad you don’t have those problems.
Bruh, there are these groups of Mexicans called gangbangers……… i heard they can really mess things up…..

A little bit too on the nose this thread. You're supposed to mask your racism just a little bit guys. Also, like with the Sweden thread, people have no clue what they are talking about. TS saw something on the news, great OP.
In this case, he's right.
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-growing-dissatisfaction-with-migration-policy/a-66961728
Germany: Growing dissatisfaction with migration policy
A majority of Germans want fewer refugees to be accepted into the country. That is according to the latest Deutschlandtrend survey, which also shows that dissatisfaction with the government remains high.

According to the latest survey of 1,302 eligible voters conducted last week by pollster infratest dimap, two-thirds of the electorate believe it is right for the German government to seek a solution at the EU level in dealing with refugees.

Around one-third of those surveyed would prefer national solutions — these are mainly supporters of the far-right populist Alternative for Germany party (AfD), which wants a radical reduction in the number of immigrants to Germany.

A majority of those polled were skeptical there could even be a European solution: 70% said reforming EU laws effectively would not be feasible in the near future.

More than 220,000 people have already applied for asylum in Germany up to August this year, an increase of about 77% compared to the same period last year. More and more cities and municipalities, whose job it is to house and care for the arrivals, say they have no more capacity.

Some 73% of respondents to the Infratest survey believe that the distribution of refugees in Germany is functioning poorly, while 78% say the integration of refugees into society and the labor market is not working well, and 80% agree that authorities are failing to carry out deportations of rejected asylum seekers...

In the Deutschlandtrend survey, two-thirds of respondents were in favor of limiting refugee numbers.

There is also mounting skepticism of immigration in general — especially among supporters of the AfD, the conservative Christian Democratic Union and Christian Social Union CDU/CSU, and also the Free Democrats (FDP), a part of the center-left coalition under Chancellor Olaf Scholz that caters to a more conservative and neoliberal voter base.

Meanwhile, though economists say the German labor market needs an annual immigration of 400,000 skilled workers, only 27% of respondents said overall immigration was likely to benefit Germany.

What can be done to curb irregular immigration?
Around eight out of ten respondents supported increased border controls as well as reaching agreements with African states to accept rejected asylum seekers...

Some 69% of German respondents said they think classifying Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia as "safe countries of origin" to be the right measure to reduce immigration.

Poor marks for the government
Meanwhile, Scholz's three-way coalition remains unpopular: 79% of respondents said it was not doing a good job. Only Green Party supporters said they were mostly satisfied with the government's performance (57%). SPD supporters are split, and of FDP voters, 77% expressed dissatisfaction with the government.

This is reflected in the overall approval ratings for the parties: With just 6% support, the FDP is a long way from the 11.5% it won in the September 2021 federal election. The Greens — currently at 14% — have returned to their 2021 levels after an interim spike.

The CDU/CSU is in the lead with 28%, followed by the AfD with 22%, and Scholz's SPD with 16%.

The Left Party would fail to make it into the Bundestag if its current 4% were translated into a national election. The populist Free Voters, the junior coalition partner in the state government in Bavaria, could win 3% three percent nationwide.

Immigration in Europe has been a mess. I'm not sure if any country over here, apart from those that closed their borders, has had success in recent times. There's no plan, just people acting on "good will" or because the institutions force them to, ultimately leaving all those immigrants to their own devices the moment they've come through the gates.

Quality above quantity is the way to go on about immigration. You have to give people the best possible opportunity to succeed, which is why you can't afford to take too many at a single time. When the masses come in, lots of people will slip through the cracks and basically become uninvolved in society, except when they impact it in negative ways. Some are outright unwilling to even take part in Western society and couldn't make it any clearer.

A modern Western society should really be capable of handling immigration without ethnic gangs and ghettos forming up as if it was the 1920s instead of 2020s. The pitfalls of uncontrolled mass immigration have been known for hundreds of years, with plenty of acquired data on the matter, it's not as if we just suddenly woke up to these realities in 2023.

Our current form of government, unfortunately, has been exposed to have a weakness which can be exploited by forces hostile to us. The gears of bureaucracy turn very, very slowly, and there is little accountability the further you go up in the chain of command. When faced with the obvious need to adapt their thinking in the face of disastrous consequences, the elite politicians instead elect to discredit any criticism of their policies as some sort of hate speech or conspiracy talk, rejecting clear-cut data on the matter. Then, after a decade of doubling down on their stupidity, causing enormous amounts of damage to the people, we now have to listen to these same fools acting as if them being a "pragmatist" on immigration is some fresh idea that they recently came up with in their heads, as if people weren't literally begging for them to change their course for years.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the information

Ugh, I didn't want to attempt this on my cell phone.

And these are the sexual assault cases from Germany between 2010-2022
Number of cases recorded by police
2022 - 11,896
2021 - 9,903
2020 - 9,752
2019 - 9,426
2018 - 9,234
2017 - 11,282
2016 - 7,919
2015 - 7,022
2014 - 7,345
2013 - 7,408
2012 - 8,031
2011 - 7,539
2010 - 7,724

Man I wonder what happened in 2016 and onwards that pushed the national average several thousand more than usual with no end in sight. It's almost like the migrant crisis has something to do with it.

I like how you conveniently left out Northern Africa from the equation. From the same article you got that from:

Further insight into this overrepresentation.

So, they are underrepresented because the other Maghreb nation groups are so disproportionately high, it made them look better by comparison.....LOL

In Denmark, your country, migrants are overrepresented on the criminal index by a wide margin:
400px-Denmark_crime_index_year_2015_immigrant_men_15-79_yo_per_country._Adjusted_for_age.png

Spare me. You came in clutching your pearls at our alleged racism because people dare to criticize the migrant situation in Europe.

TS made a thread about something he heard on the news and he accurately described that people are getting sick of migrants. It would do you, and the rest of the rainbow brigade, very well to pay attention to what the people are saying about how migrants affect their daily lives, before the right inhales the competition continent wide.

This is why I asked you if you even deal with this sort of shit as a Northern European. In Greece, we have taken the brunt of it because Germany decided to invite the entire third world to Europe. Now Greece has to be border patrol because idealistic shit heads like you are running defense for this insanity from the comfort of your mother's basement probably.

Oh, but you posted some "data" with bar graphs and now you know exactly what's going on.
Your statistics here are all over the place. No per capita adjustment for some, propaganda graphs from almost a decade ago, no context of laws, cherry picked. I have read the primary crime reports for both Germany, Sweden and Denmark for few years now and have a pretty good grasp on the trends. To answer your question about why sexual assault in Germany increased in 2017 - not ratio adjusted btw - is because in 2016 they made a fundamental change to their sexual assault laws. The ratio of non-germans did not account for the increase.

Germany broadens legal definition of rape
Germany's lower house has passed legislation that broadens the legal definition of rape. The move no longer requires that victims physically resist sexual assault in order to pursue rape charges against their assailants.
https://www.dw.com/en/no-means-no-germany-broadens-definition-of-rape-under-new-law/a-19385748

But that is off topic.

I have absolutely no issue conceding that immigrants as a whole are over overrepresented in the crime statistics in Germany, I specifically said they were. That's just a fact, even when adjusting for various socioeconomic factors. However, the reason why I pointed out that Afghans, Iraqis and especially Syrians are underrepresented - it was covered what constituted an increase in 2016 - is because they arrived in high numbers after the wars and are highlighted in this thread. The facts are, they commit less crime in Germany, not more.

I also don't think it's racist if people don't want mass immigration, I think there's a lot of context there that could justify that point. I specifically said that I'm not making any judgement on whether or not some germans want to change immigration laws, which makes me believe you only skimmed my posts. That's the strawman you made. At the same time if someone does make racist comments, I call that out. If that hurts your feelings, then that's your issue. You keep pivoting to your anecdote about Greece trying to hold me personally responsible somehow, which is odd, and has no barring on the subject of this thread. Germany remains one of the safest countries in the world, with crime trending downwards even after the refugee influx. I made the comparison to America, which I'm assuming you live in, and Germany is far safer on pretty much every metric. I'm sure you don't dispute that.

I have no doubt that there is a segment of the german population that are dissatifsfied with their immigration policy.

Last edited:
Don’t want any migrants?

or don’t want ALL the migrants?
<seedat>

The difference in behaviour between the muslim immigrants Sweden has seen over the last couple of decades, and the Indians and Chinese immigrants that have arrived in more recent years, is hilarious. I don't think most swedes are even aware that we have taken in something like 50 000 indians since 2010, and over 20 000 chinese, and that total numbers including children with indian/chinese parents is probably something like 150 000. While if 50 muslims move into a town, you'll know straight away because crime spikes dramatically.

To utter the word "racist" as an internet argument is to automatically place yourself in the camp of the defeated.
Because you will never defeat anonymous online racists, no matter how much you cry and appeal to ever more governmental censorship. They have learned to survive and thrive in the most crushingly censorious conditions. They are in some ways the ultimate digital organism.

Is it worse than Berlin? I wasn't too impressed with Berlin when I went there.

I can't really comment on Berlin from a personal experience because I only went there once years ago for like 2 days, just looking at the wall and visiting a friend. I dont have much interest in that city as it seems to be nowadays. I have a buddy who lived there in the 90s and talks very fondly of that time. I think it was a really cool, interesting city during that era.

As for munich I might add, I guess I have a bit of a personal grudge with that city as I had to travel there by train every day for work for years and it was a miserable time in my life. I never got "warm" with that city. There's also a saying in Bavaria that people who live in munich arent real Bavarians and it's kinda true. A lot of them are very arrogant and cold to outsiders. I guess they are really proud about spending all their money on tiny overpriced shitty Apartments.

Am I wrong. Scandanavia was one of the whitest places on the planet like ten years ago. Same with Sweden. Pale, blonde-definitely not Muslims. Last time I checked, Muslim was not a race

You:
These places were the whitest places on earth. Pale and blonde which means they definitely are not Muslims.

Also you:
It's not about race, though, even though all of my qualifiers are 100% based on race.

Are you dumb enough to not realize what you're saying? Or do you think I'm dumb enough not to notice?

The problem with Latin American migrants is that while the first generation works hard like they got something to prove, their kids and every generation thereafter are problematic.

Their kids are EXPONENTIALLY much more likely to form and join street gangs. Physically attacking people and breaking into other people's homes, not to mention permanently in the welfare system. 2nd generation, 3rd generation and every generation thereafter.

And they make up for the vast majority of migrants crossing the border. Every single community in every state is rife with their gang members that have ties to cartels.

They even have super violent gangs in Utah and Ohio now. They're moving into the middle of the country because they turned LA into a gang infested shithole.

It’s a general problem in the aftermath of a failed state. Thousands of people mingle with the refugees, and claim they’re fleeing political/religious persecution.
But many of them are hardened criminals just blending in with the refugees. That’s how organized crime from Italy, Russia, Albania, Serbia, and Latin America finds its way into western countries.

You:
These places were the whitest places on earth. Pale and blonde which means they definitely are not Muslims.

Also you:
It's not about race, though, even though all of my qualifiers are 100% based on race.

Are you dumb enough to not realize what you're saying? Or do you think I'm dumb enough not to notice?

Apparently, stupidity isn’t out of the question. The reason I am pointing out how pale these people are is that the countries are not so pale anymore. Either that means that a whole population got severely tanned, or people are coming from outside those countries, and they are coming from Muslim nations-hence the difference in appearance. But nothing was said about race-you are inserting that trying to claim racism. Muslim is not a race, it’s a religion

Went to Munich recently. Won't be going back in a hurry that's for sure.
I've been there in August, I went to see The Weeknd. And it was great and had no problems whatsoever. But then again I was only hanging out in the olympia park and around the Olympiastadion. I'm sure that the situation must be very different in the city.

I just saw on the news that Germans don't want migrants and are voting for a party that dont want them also. And it looks like all the European countries feel the same way. They talked about how the more migrants, the more crime, the more welfare, the lower the test scores. They're seeing such crime that they're not used to seeing committed by fellow scandinavians.

So the Europeans are learning this lesson that migrants spell doom for their countries. A few days ago I saw Swedish migrants celebrate the killings of Jews in Israel. They were driving around honking their horns waving the Palestinian flag.

So why is America letting migrants in knowing that it's bad for Europe, it's also bad here? The Asian immigrants and the cream of the crop of other countries are pulling their weight but the very vast majority aren't.

Europeans get branded racist for not wanting migrants from totally different cultures in their country.
Forcing people to accept others who's way of life is totally alien to them does not work. It may benefit the migrants in the sense they get to take an easier life away from their own shit hole countries but generally it has a negative effect on those in the country that has to accept them.

The reason I am pointing out how pale these people are is that the countries are not so pale anymore.

Commentary on race.

Either that means that a whole population got severely tanned, or people are coming from outside those countries

Commentary on race

and they are coming from Muslim nations-hence the difference in appearance.

Commentary on race.

But nothing was said about race-you are inserting that trying to claim racism. Muslim is not a race, it’s a religion

In both of the posts I quoted, you use the word "Muslim" in place of "not white." You are comparing a skin tone to a religion. What religion is pale white with blonde hair exactly?

Stupidity and racism. 2 for 1.

Commentary on race.

Commentary on race

Commentary on race.

In both of the posts I quoted, you use the word "Muslim" in place of "not white." You are comparing a skin tone to a religion. What religion is pale white with blonde hair exactly?

Stupidity and racism. 2 for 1.

Jesus Christ are you dim.

First, it’s always people like you that make the claim that “white isn’t a race” to begin with, it I described the most common characteristics of a population in a country that has changed. That country has gained a large amount of migrants from Muslim countries that are not blonde haired and fair skinned. Dipshit-this is not about race! This thread and my comments are about MIGRANTS!

I didn’t mention race once. I said that these countries have been suddenly flooded with migrants that rather than assimilate, they take over and impose their own traditions, language, religion, and they bring third world crime and issues with them. And not that you have to give up your religion , culture, or traditions when you migrate-but they have carved out chunks of cities and have taken over and that it has become frowned upon if you don’t follow the migrants’ beliefs. Being a Christian and going into parts of Paris would be fucking dangerous in some areas. Fucking sharia law exists in some European countries now!

Again, mongoloid-not about race-it’s about too many migrants taking over and the natural born are starting to resent that where they were originally in favor of the migrants-who have since worn out their welcome. It’s like nyc and Chicago being “sanctuary cities” and criticizing other areas for not being sanctuary for migrants-so those places, like Texas, started sending migrants there and now they are begging them to stop

Jesus Christ are you dim.

First, it’s always people like you that make the claim that “white isn’t a race” to begin with, it I described the most common characteristics of a population in a country that has changed. That country has gained a large amount of migrants from Muslim countries that are not blonde haired and fair skinned. Dipshit-this is not about race! This thread and my comments are about MIGRANTS!

I didn’t mention race once. I said that these countries have been suddenly flooded with migrants that rather than assimilate, they take over and impose their own traditions, language, religion, and they bring third world crime and issues with them. And not that you have to give up your religion , culture, or traditions when you migrate-but they have carved out chunks of cities and have taken over and that it has become frowned upon if you don’t follow the migrants’ beliefs. Being a Christian and going into parts of Paris would be fucking dangerous in some areas. Fucking sharia law exists in some European countries now!

Again, mongoloid-not about race-it’s about too many migrants taking over and the natural born are starting to resent that where they were originally in favor of the migrants-who have since worn out their welcome. It’s like nyc and Chicago being “sanctuary cities” and criticizing other areas for not being sanctuary for migrants-so those places, like Texas, started sending migrants there and now they are begging them to stop

So, yeah... you are dumb enough not to realize what you're actually saying and you've moved on to the unhinged ranting phase.

Embarrassing.

Back