German restaruant near me has me interested - never had german food - talk me through this

German food is awesome! I spent a month in Germany when I was in the Army and there is also a German restaurant in the town I live in, and it's one of my favorite places to eat.

Schnitzel and beer, man. That's all you need.

German food is underrated. Try the sauerbraten, or Oktoberfest platter if you’re hungry. I love spatzle too but with sauerbraten I feel like you should get the dumplings

I grew up in Germany. And I grew up fat and alone. That tells you something about how good German food is. Currywurst mit Pommes ftw (Mayo on that shit too obv)

eca44382768e1e9def21a395a62fd4dc.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, Clippy. I live in Germany. Ask me anything.

They cook a good pig, everything else is fucking terrible.
Top ten for the worst cuisine in the world.

Ok :
- Weißwurst : it's actually for brunch/breakfast. Eat with a Pretzel and sweet mustard. Don't forget to take off the skin with your knife ! Wash it down with a nice Weißbier. I recommend Franziskaner.
- Roasted Pork with dumplings, swimming in beer gravy. The absolute must have in Bavarian cuisine. That's how you judge a restaurant here. Wash it down with a nice cold blond lager. I recommend Augustiner.
- Dessert : go with the Apple Strudel. Don't forget the whipped cream and of course, light your cigarette out in it, for dat Hans Landa effect.

Bitteschön.

You strike me as the kinda guy that knows his way around a sausage @Clippy

Käse Spätzle: Basically German Mac n Cheese, but the noodles are egg noodles. Absolutely delicious
K%C3%A4skn%C3%B6pflec%C2%A9%C3%96WEisenhut-Mayer.jpg.3389954.jpg

Rouladen: Strips of meat with veggies rolled up inside amazing flavor and texture!
venison-rouladen-with-artichokes-533518.jpg

Jägerschnitzel: My favorite type of schnitzel. It has gravy and mushrooms on top. Sometimes schnitzel can be a bit dry sometimes(especially here in North America) and the gravy helps out a lot with that IMO.

Jagerschnitzel-8-cropped.jpg

Sausage, schnitzel and beer, what could be bad about that? Their food is good.

That's kind of a weak beer selection for a German Restaurant. Id definitely try the first one though

Back