German restaruant near me has me interested - never had german food - talk me through this

Here's the link, what do you guys think? What would you get from this menu? Would what you tell a first timer

http://oldbavarian.ca/menu.html

Not exactly the biggest menu.
Some key german menus missing like:
Sauerkraut w Blood Sausage or Kasseler
Potatoe Soup
Green Cabbage with ham hock
Königsberger klopse

etc

I'd recommend Sauerbraten, but it's easy to fuck up and the marination is extremely important and needs to be at least 3 weeks.
Jägerschnitzel is great, but if you're really jewish and can't eat pork................................

With "Potatoe pancake" i assume they mean Kartoffelpuffer/rösti? That's good.
Gulasch is nice, but hungarian in origin and i always it it with potatoes, not Spätzle (i like my Gulasch with game meat though like Deer or wild Boar).
German Desserts are some of the best in the world,so it doesn't matter what you get.

ap-image.jpg
RIP Indira Gandhi

A guy who worked at a meat market told me sausage is the way they get rid of old meat. They sell cuts of meat. What doesn't sell on one day gets ground up with some ice for hamburger the next day or two. Once it turns brown, they make sausage out of it.

We have a local german place here, and its a great plowmans meal. Sauscage, cheese, breads, and mustards plus great beer selection. Shit gets expensive though.

Pretty sure that's an Irish thing.
Irish "white pudding" made from pork, bread, oatmeal and spices, similar popular in Scotland too. So now you know why the Anglo Saxon English think the Celtics are backward :)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

You vill eat ze German food.

A traditional German meal, washed down with a Stein or two of German beer, would make a low-T Vegan virgin with the muscle tone of an elastic band put on a black leather long coat and rape, pillage and burn his way across France:)

The only European nation demonstrably better than Germany at cooking is Italy. And I suppose they have to be good at something:rolleyes:

I've always heard France and Italy as far as European food, but I guess it just depends on taste. I enjoy German food - the beer helps too.

Irish "white pudding" made from pork, bread, oatmeal and spices, similar popular in Scotland too. So now you know why the Anglo Saxon English think the Celtics are backward :)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Anglo-Saxons are just German immigrants;)

Trailer park dwellers are far too uncouth to appreciate blood sausage.

I estimate that a solid 98.6% of people that dislike it haven't really tried it.
I actually tried the Korean version of it..never gave it a go when I was in Europe.
Taste wise, it wasn't horrible, but i wasn't a fan of the texture. And honestly ,the name and ingredients turn me off.

Get some warm German potato salad and rouladen with a nice schnitzel.

I actually tried the Korean version of it..never gave it a go when I was in Europe.
Taste wise, it wasn't horrible, but i wasn't a fan of the texture. And honestly ,the name and ingredients turn me off.

Hmmm, just looking it up on Google Imagines it seems like the only difference is that it's a bit chunkier than the European and Latin American versions.

Interestingly enough, the very first time I had it, I tried it by accident thinking it was just some special type of really dark sausage. I was halfway done eating (and enjoying it) when I asked "So which is the blood one y'all are talking about?"

Back