German restaruant near me has me interested - never had german food - talk me through this

I like schnitzel and having a Maß of beer we have a few restaurants in l.a county
1371584263052.jpeg

1200px-Jugg_with_Beer_Loewenbraeu_one_liter.JPG

my favorite german beer is Schneider weisse.
schneider_main.jpg

Käse Spätzle: Basically German Mac n Cheese, but the noodles are egg noodles. Absolutely delicious
K%C3%A4skn%C3%B6pflec%C2%A9%C3%96WEisenhut-Mayer.jpg.3389954.jpg

Rouladen: Strips of meat with veggies rolled up inside amazing flavor and texture!
venison-rouladen-with-artichokes-533518.jpg

Jägerschnitzel: My favorite type of schnitzel. It has gravy and mushrooms on top. Sometimes schnitzel can be a bit dry sometimes(especially here in North America) and the gravy helps out a lot with that IMO.

Jagerschnitzel-8-cropped.jpg
I ate Jägerschnitzel every Thursday for a year when I worked on a military base. I really looked forward to it every week. Every 10th one was free.

Just to add to what others have written, German white wine is some of the best in the world. If you're more of a wine drinker than a beer drinker, splurge on a bottle of Riesling or Gewurztraminer. You will not be disappointed. Goes just as well with German food as beer, if not better.

"hey Hans....Watch out for the strudel...they're serving schnauzer!"

I did German once...it wasn't bad, but I was expecting the waitresses to look like all the Octoberfest pics. Decent, hearty food...6/10

I grew up in Germany. And I grew up fat and alone. That tells you something about how good German food is. Currywurst mit Pommes ftw (Mayo on that shit too obv)

eca44382768e1e9def21a395a62fd4dc.jpg

Beat me to it Zer. Freaking beat me to it! This^ THIS^ THIS!!!!!!^

They cook a good pig, everything else is fucking terrible.
Top ten for the worst cuisine in the world.

german food is atrocious, don't listen to them

most people I know that lived there w/ me, spent more time eating Doner Kebaps than any German Schnitzel or whatnot, or they just went to Subway or McDs

Their Brotchen, however, is the shit. Anything bread/pastry related

Their eis (ice cream) stores are absurd too, some ridiculous designs and combos

Germany has pretty bad weather generally, and it shows in their cuisine. Their vegetables are awful compared to south of Europe, not to mention the fruit. Germans excel in lot of things but food is not one of them, it's actually the worst European food I've tasted.

German food is the reason they keep invading other countries.

Its not as good as Chinese, French, or Italian, but German cuisine certainly is not as bad English or philippinian.

It is no less than Greek food or Spanish food. Scandinavian foods, and central Euro foods really arent so bad. After the current top hipster pretentious restaurant is located in Copenhagen.

Here's the link, what do you guys think? What would you get from this menu? Would what you tell a first timer

http://oldbavarian.ca/menu.html

LOL, funny you bring this up. I have been on a German cuisine binge this past month. Its pretty good. They dont have the variety and depth of France, Italy, and of course the Chinese, but what they have is hearty enough. The foods are simply, and tasty.

I like all their sausages. The american ballpark hot dog comes from the German Frankfurter. I guess the Hamburger comes from Hamburg (still need to confirm). Their breaded cutlets are great, and the potato salad is best I had.

I dont know, but for a small town Sussex always seemed to have a lot of hot chicks.

I dont know, but for a small town Sussex always seemed to have a lot of hot chicks.

Sussex is in NJ isnt it. Well, yeh I have been there. There are many hot chicks. Its not like anywhere else in NJ. Its like the most rural NJ will get, and its up in the mountains. I was trying sell insurance there for a month before I gave up.

German food?

I hear it's spicy....

Sindhi%20Food.jpg

I think they're the ones popular for tacos

Try the tacos

Back