Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks (POLL & GIFS included)

Let me guess, you are going to be the new troll leading up to this fight the same way the Lightbulb man was leading up to the Diaz fight and those like him prior to all of Georges other title fights?

No, it's just obvious that Johny is an exceptional talent. No one says anything about it because this forum is extremely pro-GSP, but he's been more impressive before his title shot than Weidman was before his. Hendricks is the most well-rounded guy GSP has ever fought. He stood toe to toe with Condit and landed many times, and outgrappled him. Knocked out Kampmann with ease, something Ellenberger failed to do. Stole Fitch's soul with ease. He has great striking, wrestling, bjj, speed, and chin. Also took Koscheck down twice, the 2nd best wrestler at WW.

Who has Diaz submitted off his back other than Gomi who has been submitted often, was gassed beyond belief and appeared to be looking for a way out of the fight at that point?

Sakurai?

Anyway I didn't say it was likely outcome, Diaz catching GSP in a sub or Hendrick landing flush with his left hand and koing GSP are both statistically improbable outcomes.That said Diaz stamina and sub game, specifically his ability to catch fighters from the bottom, gave him a better shot at defeating GSP than Hendrick's left hand. I guarantee Hendrick's will wish a hail mary sub was an option after five rounds of GSP's top control.

images
surfs-up-baby-penguins.jpg

Sakurai?

Anyway I didn't say it was likely outcome, Diaz catching GSP in a sub or Hendrick landing flush with his left hand and koing GSP are both statistically improbable outcomes.That said Diaz stamina and sub game, specifically his ability to catch fighters from the bottom, gave him a better shot at defeating GSP than Hendrick's left hand. I guarantee Hendrick's will wish a hail mary sub was an option after five rounds of GSP's top control.

What about the fact that Hendricks wins fights on a regular basis against top level competition while Diaz really doesn't? I would say that alone is a significant factor in Hendricks' favor if comparing him to Nick against anybody.

^^^This is the reason you can't look at poll results.

Steinel, there are who do you think will win polls and who do you want to win polls.

This is a who do you think will win poll.

It's okay, the polls results are skewed towards GSP, even if you look at the Vegas odds, which are around +175 for Johny and -210 for GSP.

Half of me thinks Johny will win, half of me thinks GSP will win. And then another half of me thinks that I think Johny will because he is my favorite fighter. Considering the GSP fan you are, I think you understand what I am saying. Let's just say, I wouldn't put any money on the fight either way.

^^^This is the reason you can't look at poll results.

Steinel, there are who do you think will win polls and who do you want to win polls.

This is a who do you think will win poll.

I always vote for who I want

but in this case it's both, and that's GSP

What about the fact that Hendricks wins fights on a regular basis against top level competition while Diaz really doesn't? I would say that alone is a significant factor in Hendricks' favor if comparing him to Nick against anybody.

Luckily, I remember more about the fights than just whether it went down in the win or loss column. Hendrick might be "winning" but his record is padded with a several bs gifted decisions that he didn't deserve. He could very easily be 11 and 5 right now if not for some luck.

GSP dodges The Curse Of The UFC Poster, and takes this one via UD (gutsy pick, right? :icon_chee).
Remember the Curse just says GSP will be the next to lose the belt (obviously since he's the last one standing and even if he retired he'd "lose" the belt by no longer being the active champ) NOT he'll lose his next defense. Remember Anderson beat Okami, Vitor and Sonnen (again) when defending the belt after Brock lost.
All the Curse means is GSP is no longer safe.

GSP wins this one by UD or late tko if Hendricks gasses hard.

Luckily, I remember more about the fights than just whether it went down in the win or loss column. Hendrick might be "winning" but his record is padded with a several bs gifted decisions that he didn't deserve. He could very easily be 11 and 5 right now if not for some luck.

The Koscheck and Pierce fights were really close, hardly gifted decisions if either fighter had won those fights, but I think the KOs of #2 WW Jon Fitch and #5 or #6 Kampmann (at the time) speak for themselves. What top 10 opponents has Nick KOed? I like Nick, he is a great fighter who would give Johny a great fight, but Johny has more top wins.

It's okay, the polls results are skewed towards GSP, even if you look at the Vegas odds, which are around +175 for Johny and -210 for GSP.

Half of me thinks Johny will win, half of me thinks GSP will win. And then another half of me thinks that I think Johny will because he is my favorite fighter. Considering the GSP fan you are, I think you understand what I am saying. Let's just say, I wouldn't put any money on the fight either way.

That's good enough to be a sig:icon_lol:

Either way we will both enjoy the fights that night

GSP via decision or possibly championship rounds TKO via GNP. Unlikely, but I can see some gassing and the ref stepping in.

Three out of four have GSP winning this fight and I have to agree with the majority here. Hendricks is a good fighter with an awesome beard, but unfortunately beards don't win fights.

The Koscheck and Pierce fights were really close, hardly gifted decisions for either guys, but I think the KOs of #2 WW Jon Fitch and #5 or #6 Kampmann speak for themselves. What top 10 opponents has Nick KOed? I like Nick, he is a great fighter who would give Johny a great fight, but Johny has more top wins.

Not denying he has more top wins than Diaz, just the notion that he has better skill set to beat GSP. He doesn't. Again: I'm not saying Diaz has a good chance of beating GSP, just better than Hendrick.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Fitch ko, but lets be real here, Kampmann usually eats a shot once at least once a fight that could easily result in a stoppage if the ref is so inclined. I love Martin, but landing power shots on him isn't the greatest accomplishment, everyone does... he usually just comes from behind to win afterward against all odds.

Not denying he has more top wins than Diaz, just the notion that he has better skill set to beat GSP. He doesn't. Again: I'm not saying Diaz has a good chance of beating GSP, just better than Hendrick.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Fitch ko, but lets be real here, Kampmann usually eats a shot once at least once a fight that could easily result in a stoppage if the ref is so inclined. I love Martin, but landing power shots on him isn't the greatest accomplishment, everyone does... he usually just comes from behind to win afterward against all odds.

Okay, yeah I got you. I just think it is more likely for a guy with power to TKO GSP than a guy with great subs to submit him. You make a good point about Diaz's cardio compared to Hendricks though. GSP's top control is just so good, I can't see him getting subbed when he is on top.

Better than Hendricks? How? With his non-existent wrestling? (and he still stuffed GSP lol) or his bottom sub game? Oh yeah he subbed Gomi! And Evangelista! That must mean he has the grappling chops to submit GSP! Give me a break.

Kampmann has never been put out by 1 shot, even against hitters such as Daley, Marquardt, and Ellenberger.

Hendrick might be "winning" but his record is padded with a several bs gifted decisions that he didn't deserve. He could very easily be 11 and 5 right now if not for some luck.

The striking and takedown statistics of every one of those fights do more to bolster the arguments of those who believe Hendricks did deserve those decisions.

I'm not saying that fight stats are the end all/be all but to say that Hendricks was gifted those decisions is far more opinion than it is fact. Plenty of people would disagree with you, and not just those who like Hendricks.

Anything can happen in a fight, but I just think GSP's game is too well-refined at this point for Hendricks to catch him.

A gassed Hendricks couldn't bust a grape. It will be GSP all over a guy with much less conditioning than the guys GSP has been fighting recently.

GSP has many ways to avoid Hendricks KO power. He has the more technical striking, better movement, longer reach and he will be able to take Hendricks down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back