Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks (POLL & GIFS included)

BigfootSilva_backstage.gif

Literally had me just staring for a few minutes thinking "What the fu..."

Unless you're fighting Dan Hardy.

In the 13 fights leading up to his title shot, Dan went 12-1. He was on a 7 fight win streak.

It isn't easy beating a professional fighter that has trained their whole lives no matter how easy Georges may or may not make it look.

We can shit on fighters all we want here on Sherdog but Dan knocked out 12 prize fighters in MMA. He wasn't showing up in the biggest fight of his life with the intent of baking cookies.

Hendricks just needs to touch him with that left hand

In the 13 fights leading up to his title shot, Dan went 12-1. He was on a 7 fight win streak.

It isn't easy beating a professional fighter that has trained their whole lives no matter how easy Georges may or may not make it look.

We can shit on fighters all we want here on Sherdog but Dan knocked out 12 prize fighters in MMA. He wasn't showing up in the biggest fight of his life with the intent of baking cookies.
What great fighter has Hardy beaten? A top 10? top 5?

Diaz can go for more than two rounds without dying from exhaustion and can catch subs off his back?

Good cardio
Good BJJ ( arguably best of opponents GSP has fought)
Good standup

Diaz didn't seem much motivated to me in the fight, yet he managed to stuff a few takedowns and hit GSP good a few times, I think the choice was justified for the people who chose him.

Did anyone really give Diaz any serious chance of submitting Georges from his back? In my estimation, Hendricks rather clearly has a greater chance of knocking GSP out in the first two rounds than Diaz had of winning by any method.

I recall the Diaz poll being 65/35. How could people think Diaz had a better chance than Hendricks?

Where is the poll? You gotta look to see how it was worded.

Did it ask who do you think will win or who do you want to win? This poll is worded who do people think will win.

Did it ask who do you think will win or who do you want to win? This poll is worded who do people think will win.

I'm fairly sure it was "who do you think?". I'll search it up.

Well, I found this one which is close to 80/20 but doesn't have that many votes relative to most polls on here.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/ufc-158-nick-diaz-vs-georges-st-pierre-poll-2365183/

Maybe the one I am remembering was "who do you want". I'll keep looking.

Edit: Here is a "who do you want" poll which is 54/46 Diaz.

Edit #2: Here is a "who do you think poll which is 69/31 Diaz.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/gsp-vs-diaz-who-takes-how-1871529/

Last edited:

It doesn't make all that much difference how the question is worded. Being that there is no money at risk here, many if not most people will choose the fighter that they hope to see win if they have any preference at all. Polls like these are meaningless when such a large portion of the respondents have no regard at all for the integrity of the outcome of the poll and that's just one of the problems with it.

Hendricks is a live dog, probably his biggest threat in years. Georges has looked human in recent fights since the layoff. He's still the favorite though.

60/40 GSP, but this is going to be closer than usual.

GSP via Unanimous Decision. I think he'll play it safe and grind Hendricks down, possibly submit him in the later rounds as Hendricks seemed to gas pretty bad against Condit.

It's funny seeing the GSP fans squirm because they know Hendricks is a legitimate threat.

Let me guess, you are going to be the new troll leading up to this fight the same way the Lightbulb man was leading up to the Diaz fight and those like him prior to all of Georges other title fights?

Would love to see Johny pull the upset, but I think GSP wins a UD. Voted for Johny though.

^^^This is the reason you can't look at poll results.

Steinel, there are who do you think will win polls and who do you want to win polls.

This is a who do you think will win poll.

Back