Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks (POLL & GIFS included)

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

ufc167_600x250_temp.jpg

The fight we have all been waiting is almost here. The reigning, defending UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges "Rush" St-Pierre is finally going to square off against the #1 contender, Johny "Bigg Rigg" Hendricks.

Will GSP successfully defend his title for the 9th time in a row, or will Hendricks pull off the upset with another vicious one punch knockout?

It's Time!!

The Challenger

Johny "Bigg Rigg" Hendricks

20091214014957_IMG_3057.jpg

Johny Hendricks (15-1) is considered by many to be the hardest hitter in the UFC's welterweight division. He has finished 8 of his wins as a professional Mixed Martial Artist by knockout with 4 of them in the first round. He is a 3-time NCAA Division 1 All-American Wrestling Champion out of the Oklahoma State University, it is safe to say that he is a very good wrestler, and on paper he is one of, if not the best in the division.

Hendricks is mostly known for his powerful left hand, although his opponents know that's where most of his knockouts come from, it seems that most of them just can't avoid. Hendricks is surprisingly fast and he has finished 3 of his fights by knockout in under a minute. He was considered the #1 contender for quite a while, but he didn't receive his well-deserved shot right away, so he had to take another fight instead of staying on the sidelines for over a year, he decided to stay active. He won again, and now he's finally getting his chance to fight the champion for the title.

Johny Hendricks has notable wins over Amir Sadollah, Ricardo Funch, TJ Grant, Charlie Brenneman, TJ Waldburger, Mike Pierce, Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Martin Kampmann and Carlos Condit.

The Champion

Georges "Rush" St-Pierre

georges-st-pierre-belt.jpg

GSP (24-2) is known as the greatest welterweight in the history of the UFC and MMA altogether. One of the most dominant fighters of all time, St-Pierre has finished 13 of his 24 wins as a professional Mixed Martial Artist. 8 by knockout and 5 by submission, with 11 wins by decision. He hasn't finished a fight inside the octagon since the beginning of 2009, but he has dominated every single opponent placed in front of him in order to retain his gold strap.

Although he didn't wrestler in high school or college, St-Pierre is considered to be the best wrestler in the UFC today, scoring 84 of 112 take down attempts, 75%. He has also landed the most significant strikes as well, 1153 out of 2130. He's very accurate with his jab, he uses it consistently and it's worked wonders for him. "Rush" is one of the most intelligent fighters, he really knows what it takes to come out on top. He never squeaks out a win, he always dominates his opponent for 25 minutes and there's never any question about who the winner was. Johny Hendricks is his biggest challenge yet as a professional Mixed Martial Artist. He has a very tough fight ahead of it.

Georges St-Pierre has notable wins over Karo Parisyan, Jay Hieron, Jason Miller, Matt Hughes (twice), Sean Sherk, BJ Penn (twice), Matt Serra, Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Josh Koscheck (twice), Jake Shields, Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz.

This is going to be a good one, this is the champion's toughest opponent to date. Many fans are backing up Hendricks to pull off the upset and win by another devastating knockout.

Who will come out on top? does St-Pierre retain his title once again? or does Hendricks shock the world?

Hope you guys enjoyed the read.

GIFS - Johny Hendricks

Kampmann

hendricks-kampmann.gif

Fitch

1.gif

Sadollah

ezskm.jpg

Brenneman

johny-hendricks_charlie-brenneman.gif

Couldn't find any gifs of Hendricks vs. Condit. :(

GIFS - Georges St-Pierre

Hughes

georges-stpierre_matt-hughes_2.gif

Serra

gspknn.gif

Penn

georges-st-pierre_bj-penn_2.gif

Alves

gsp-alves.gif

Fitch

kbq0x3_medium.gif

You guys can also post some GIFS of your own.

GSP dodges The Curse Of The UFC Poster, and takes this one via UD (gutsy pick, right? :icon_chee).

If Hendricks loses this fight, I'd like to see him vs Mike Swick.
Would be awesome.

Gsp's time is up, he's not as quick or explosive as he used to be. Hendricks is gonna lay him out within 2 rounds.

"The fight we have all been waiting is almost here." It's beginning of August. The fight is in November lmao. I've said it all along, this should be a walk in the park for GSP.

GSP by KO

Sike. Hendricks by KO

St-Pierre via UD, but the first three rounds will be very interesting to see how GSP responds to Hendricks' power and how Hendricks' TDD is. If Hendricks can keep it standing the chance of a KO wouldn't be that unlikely but if not I think GSP wrestles him for 25 mins.

GSP UD or sub in the 4th or 5th when Hendricks is a corpse from exhaustion.

"The fight we have all been waiting is almost here." It's beginning of August. The fight is in November lmao. I've said it all along, this should be a walk in the park for GSP.

Eh, I'm just trying my best to hype it up, but I ain't no Chael Sonnen!

I voted for GSP but it was really close. I think if we are ever going to see a finish in a post-serra GSP fight, it would be this one. I don't think someone a smart as GSP would 5 rounds with a fighter like Hendricks. Its too much of a risk to do so with someone with as much KO power.

St. Pierre 50-45 and Hendricks will look like this:

jon-fitch-cuts1.jpg

Knockout victory for Hendricks in the 2nd round.

Back