Georges St-Pierre: PED users should be removed from GOAT list

”With people, they think it’s only affecting strength and conditioning and stuff like that,” St-Pierre said. “No, it doesn’t. It’s not only recuperation — it changes the person entirely. It makes him a better athlete. And yes, I think they should be removed from the [GOAT discussion].”

“It’s very hard to say that because a lot of people, they work hard. We know if they got caught once or twice, but we don’t know if they’re all taking it for all of their life or not, so it’s a hard topic to say. It’s not black or white. It’s grey.”

”I’ve trained with them, and you could see a huge difference,” he said. “Like, when you grapple with them, it’s not even the same guy. It’s like if you’re taking two different human beings. It’s completely insane.”

“Just look at the difference with some of the — I’m not saying any names, because I don’t want to attack an individual, I want to change the system — just look at the difference with some people. Look, I remember there was a fight between two opponents, and one guy said, ‘Oh, it’s not the performance-enhancing [drugs] that threw the kick. It’s me.’ Actually, it’s not true. That’s the performance-enhancing drugs that threw the kick, because you wouldn’t have thrown the kick [like that] if you would have not taken them. You know what I mean? So to give you an example, it makes you more creative, it makes you more hungry. It changes the physique. Also, not only the physique, it changes the mind of the person.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Agree or disagree?

Agree

GSP or Fedor = GOAT

Dude looked suspect as fuck. He's getting more audacious as more time passes with him getting away with it.

I’m not naive. Gsp is just flexing because he hasn’t been caught yet.

rHD4Tyw.jpg

Wow. A picture.

And you're a professional that understands what he sees there.
Not a brainless sheep that just repeats rumours spread by others. Not at all

Wow. A picture.

And you're a professional that understands what he sees there.
Not a brainless sheep that just repeats rumours spread by others. Not at all

Take GSPs nuts out of your mouth.

Sound like something Lance Armstrong would say back in the days..

<Fedor23>

PEDS can be different things.

main-qimg-c8faf9e4854253789dcade779df469b7-c

Before PEDS ----- > After PEDS

best-legal-steroids-one-cycle-of-steroids-before-and-after-decaduro-results-846x743.jpg

Last edited:
Fuck, if GSP ever pops it's gonna be hard for him to face the public.

My thought on this is somewhat like GSPs.

GSP: "It’s not even the same guy. It’s like if you’re taking two different human beings. It’s completely insane.”

I trained amateur Junior kickboxing for much of my youth, and "everyone" knew that you don't do fights if you are clean. A completely clean guy is never competitive with a guy doing drugs. They are not even remotely competitive. So doing a fight clean was never even discussed, as it meant injuries, brain damage but first of all, the clean guys were never on a high enough level to get close to competing. It was not the same at all.

So I say it is very naive to believe that a guy can go through amateur levels or even get out of the gym if they are clean. They would definitely all be stopped by some roider along the way, in an amateur fight or in the gym. It is just not possible. It is just fantasy made up by someone that don't know anything about it.

I agree that we need to fight drugs in sports, and even if it is a bit different in Fight sports than in other sports, I am all for WADA. In mma, taking guys caught of the goat-list is too difficult, since we know they are all using something illegal.

This is going to be a tough thread for Jones & Silva fans to cope with.

Regardless, no matter how many times these guys piss hot, their fans will always worship them & call them the GOAT.

I am a huge fan of both Jones and Silva, in fact they are my 2 all time favorite fighters. Their body of work in their respective divisions is more impressive than anyone else's in the history of the UFC, the only person who comes close is GSP.

With that being said, I agree with GSP.

He's squeezing his gut for the picture there, obviously.

Sarcasm or stupidity? I’ll give you the benefit of sarcasm, but it’s hard to tell on the internet sometimes.

I want to agree. I really do. but its hard fore me to comprehend...............if roids make such a HUGE difference, which I completely and totally agree they do, how did GSP still manage to DOMINATE for SO LONG against some likely ped users? Is he truly just that great?

on top of that, I also feel like at the end of the day it comes down to a cage fight at a certain weight. And in those cage fights, Jon Jones never lost.......

This is why Fedor is UNARGUABLY THE GOAT. He was a small HW who fought guys of any size, on any gear. There is zero proof Fedor used himself. Even if he did, it was a completely fair playing field. If he didn't, even more astonishingly impressive. DOMINATED MMA AND SAMBO simultaneously for 10 years.

The problem with this is GSP title run happened pre- USADA

none of the goats failed prior to USADA.

So its a completely different metric

And of all the GOATS GSP is the ONLY one to fail the eye test

1qfqxz.jpg

GSP beat Bisping under USADA.

Didn't GSP also do enhanced WADA testing for the Hendricks fight, despite Johny refusing to do it too?

So, PED user victories are void, so should wins over PED users, you can’t have it both ways. Only their victories shouldn’t count?
Guys on last place teams take PEDs too. Fighters can have a bad cycle, how’d you know if they were at the time of a fight? Or are only victorious fighters are on PEDs?

I don't understand how anyone can disagree with what GSP said. Especially since he has similar or better accomplishments than PED users like Anderson and Jon.

GSP, Aldo, DJ and Fedor are the true greats.

Back