Georges St-Pierre: PED users should be removed from GOAT list

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
”With people, they think it’s only affecting strength and conditioning and stuff like that,” St-Pierre said. “No, it doesn’t. It’s not only recuperation — it changes the person entirely. It makes him a better athlete. And yes, I think they should be removed from the [GOAT discussion].”

“It’s very hard to say that because a lot of people, they work hard. We know if they got caught once or twice, but we don’t know if they’re all taking it for all of their life or not, so it’s a hard topic to say. It’s not black or white. It’s grey.”

”I’ve trained with them, and you could see a huge difference,” he said. “Like, when you grapple with them, it’s not even the same guy. It’s like if you’re taking two different human beings. It’s completely insane.”

“Just look at the difference with some of the — I’m not saying any names, because I don’t want to attack an individual, I want to change the system — just look at the difference with some people. Look, I remember there was a fight between two opponents, and one guy said, ‘Oh, it’s not the performance-enhancing [drugs] that threw the kick. It’s me.’ Actually, it’s not true. That’s the performance-enhancing drugs that threw the kick, because you wouldn’t have thrown the kick [like that] if you would have not taken them. You know what I mean? So to give you an example, it makes you more creative, it makes you more hungry. It changes the physique. Also, not only the physique, it changes the mind of the person.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Agree or disagree?

”With people, they think it’s only affecting strength and conditioning and stuff like that,” St-Pierre said. “No, it doesn’t. It’s not only recuperation — it changes the person entirely. It makes him a better athlete. And yes, I think they should be removed from the [GOAT discussion].”

“It’s very hard to say that because a lot of people, they work hard. We know if they got caught once or twice, but we don’t know if they’re all taking it for all of their life or not, so it’s a hard topic to say. It’s not black or white. It’s grey.”

”I’ve trained with them, and you could see a huge difference,” he said. “Like, when you grapple with them, it’s not even the same guy. It’s like if you’re taking two different human beings. It’s completely insane.”

“Just look at the difference with some of the — I’m not saying any names, because I don’t want to attack an individual, I want to change the system — just look at the difference with some people. Look, I remember there was a fight between two opponents, and one guy said, ‘Oh, it’s not the performance-enhancing [drugs] that threw the kick. It’s me.’ Actually, it’s not true. That’s the performance-enhancing drugs that threw the kick, because you wouldn’t have thrown the kick [like that] if you would have not taken them. You know what I mean? So to give you an example, it makes you more creative, it makes you more hungry. It changes the physique. Also, not only the physique, it changes the mind of the person.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Agree or disagree?

Inb4 idiotic theories about GSP "steroid gut" and pictures that don't show anything.

Last edited:
This is going to be a tough thread for Jones & Silva fans to cope with.

Regardless, no matter how many times these guys piss hot, their fans will always worship them & call them the GOAT.

100% Agree

If you get caught, you're out.

GSP dropping facts

Although he himself has a suspicious as hell HGH looking gut

So should safe fighters. Eh, dat Quebec athletic commission...

Inb4 idiotic theories about GSP "stetoid gut" and pictures that don't show anything.

It's more fun to let them believe that a professional MMA fighter would abuse hgh to that degree.

<21>

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

It's more fun to let them believe that a professional MMA fighter would abuse hgh to that degree.

<21>

Or we'll just apply the "innocent until caught" principle before putting our tinfoil hats on

Agree or disagree?
You can't have a GOAT list of people who were proven never to have taken PEDs, because one it can't be 100% conclusive that they didn't, but even if it could then two a GOAT list of fighters who never took PEDs would not look like much of a GOAT list.

So should safe fighters. Eh, dat Quebec athletic commission...
The Quebec athletic commission is by far the best in Canada
(Well, not that Hard, some provinces doesn't even have one ...)
Other commissions are under review like in Alberta after Braidwood killed Tim Hague (former UFC fighter) in a boxing fight...

Every fighter who didn’t get caught is natty

If I had to choose my 6 goats of mma like I would choose the 6 Pokémon in my party they would be:

Anderson (my starter), Jones, Fydor, GSP, BJ Penn, and Jose Aldo.

GSP throwing some shade at Jones with the kick comment. Love it, he's 100% right. Steroids didn't land the kick, the brand new person the steroids made him did. He wouldn't have risked everything AGAIN by cheating if they weren't going to allow him to perform in a way he never otherwise would be able to. That's the whole point.

Every fighter who didn’t get caught is natty

If you haven't been caught, you get the benefit of the doubt. Just how it works. Cheaters don't get to drag everyone else down with them just because they were busted.

Back