General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - June, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since that fight is 'almost' official:
Masvidal vs Thompson, who you got?

I expect Thompson to open as the favourite, if I can get Masvidal at good dog odds I will definitly play Mas.

2.40 (+140) would be nice.

If somehow Thompson ends up as the dog I might skip betting that fight, my gut tells me to stay away from Thompson in this one

Troll face vs Cock guy III should be interesting, not sure if I like the odds on cock guy or not.. feel like he could be a bit undervalued as beating hunt isn't the huge win it used to be and he did nearly beat miocic tbf.. troll face couldn't even finish edmund browne..

Since that fight is 'almost' official:
Masvidal vs Thompson, who you got?

I expect Thompson to open as the favourite, if I can get Masvidal at good dog odds I will definitly play Mas.

2.40 (+140) would be nice.

If somehow Thompson ends up as the dog I might skip betting that fight, my gut tells me to stay away from Thompson in this one

do we know if it's likely to be 3 or 5 rounds, sounds like a good main event for anon title card, or co/co co main for a big card. think I'd take WB in 3 round but I'd be a bit scared about mas's grappling if he gets WB down in a longer fight.

So I've heard Chael Sonnen tell a story multiple times about a Chinese gymnast who was stripped of her gold medal due to testing positive for a tiny amount of advil. I heard this story many times from Sonnen and finally decided to Google it.

As far as I can tell, it never happened. Can anyone offer a source to anything resembling such a story? I know about the girl who was stripped retroactively for being too young but that's not even close to the story Sonnen is telling.

I know Sonnen is #1 bullshitter and also just generally ignorant about a lot of shit, but he's been telling this story in casual conversation and doesn't seem to have anything to gain by telling it.

So I've heard Chael Sonnen tell a story multiple times about a Chinese gymnast who was stripped of her gold medal due to testing positive for a tiny amount of advil. I heard this story many times from Sonnen and finally decided to Google it.

As far as I can tell, it never happened. Can anyone offer a source to anything resembling such a story? I know about the girl who was stripped retroactively for being too young but that's not even close to the story Sonnen is telling.

I know Sonnen is #1 bullshitter and also just generally ignorant about a lot of shit, but he's been telling this story in casual conversation and doesn't seem to have anything to gain by telling it.

He also claims he's a "boxer"

Ok I think I figured it out.

The girl who Uncle Chael is referring to is
Andreea Răducan. As you can tell from the name, she is definitely not Chinese but Romanian.

Also, Uncle Chael is completely wrong that she popped positive for "ibuprofen". She tested positive for pseudoephedrine. It's a stimulant, which is why it's banned, and not present in Advil.

Ok I think I figured it out.

The girl who Uncle Chael is referring to is
Andreea Răducan. As you can tell from the name, she is definitely not Chinese but Romanian.

Also, Uncle Chael is completely wrong that she popped positive for "ibuprofen". She tested positive for pseudoephedrine. It's a stimulant, which is why it's banned, and not present in Advil.

Life is too short to spend it trying to verify things Chael says...:)

I mute the TV or change channels when I hear his voice. I get trash talk and all that but this guy is just irrelevant. For me it is the same with Brendan Schaub these guys are just trying so hard to be relevant now that their fight careers are over. It is like a little kid trying so hard for attention that you literally just feel awkward.

We don't have a Dutch UFC champion anymore, GDR stripped off her belt. I guess I'm the only one bummed out by that. Really lame she had to find out through media, because no one at UFC told her about it. We've had multiple instances now where fighters have to find out thing about their livelihood through social media instead of being informed by their employer about it, the lack of respect is pretty nauseating.

We don't have a Dutch UFC champion anymore, GDR stripped off her belt. I guess I'm the only one bummed out by that. Really lame she had to find out through media, because no one at UFC told her about it. We've had multiple instances now where fighters have to find out thing about their livelihood through social media instead of being informed by their employer about it, the lack of respect is pretty nauseating.

They ever wanted her to be champ and took the first chance they had to get rid of her.

I would feel bad for her except that she was hitting Holm way after the bell, hard to feel for someone who pulls that shit.

That said, I think it's retarded when people say GDR could never be a real champion because she was unwilling to fight Justino. Anabolic steroids have a much more powerful effect on women than on men, and anyone with two eyes can see that when they look at that creature they call Cyborg. Fallon Fox looks more like a female than Justino does at this point.

This isn't a fucking tennis match, people die in combat sports.

She refused to fight the only real credible challenger in Cyborg, so I can't say I blame them for stripping her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back