General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - June, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easier to work on cardio than actual fight skills. Amanda knows what she needs to do. The other chick will just hope Amanda gasses. Im not saying that won't happen but I'll bet on the better fighter.

Also just bet around 10u on Chris. I think Kelvin is over rated and has had favorable match ups. Weidman will be able to win rounds. It being 5 rounds worries me a bit though. When I thought it was 3 I was very confident.

I'm just saying that until Amanda proves that she's solved her cardio problems I can't justify a bet anywhere near that size. I'd certainly be prepared to live bet Shev after the first or second round if it gets there.

Nunes is 1-3 in fights that have gone past the first round in the UFC/Invicta/Strikeforce. Looking back at the first Nunes vs Shev fight, the first round was basically a sparring contest. Amanda's burst came in the second round when she had top control for the majority of the round and she was still gassed in the third. If that fight was 5 rounds it was highly unlikely that she would have won. Also, looking back at that fight the striking was very competitive even while Nunes was fresh. She did all of her damage on the ground, where it appears Shev has improved her game.

I'm just saying that until Amanda proves that she's solved her cardio problems I can't justify a bet anywhere near that size. I'd certainly be prepared to live bet Shev after the first or second round if it gets there.

Nunes is 1-3 in fights that have gone past the first round in the UFC/Invicta/Strikeforce. Looking back at the first Nunes vs Shev fight, the first round was basically a sparring contest. Amanda's burst came in the second round when she had top control for the majority of the round and she was still gassed in the third. If that fight was 5 rounds it was highly unlikely that she would have won. Also, looking back at that fight the striking was very competitive even while Nunes was fresh. She did all of her damage on the ground, where it appears Shev has improved her game.

Yea. Not saying you're wrong. But the bet is made.

The only thing I'd add is I don't really buy into the argument that if the fight was 5 she'd lose, and that means something. It was a three round fight. Not a five. One would hope the champion will account for the difference. Now if she doesnt, I'll learn a lesson.

Last edited:
Yea. Not saying you're wrong. But the bet is made.

The only thing I'd add is I don't really buy into the argument that if the fight was 5 she'd lose, and that means something. It was a three round fight. Not a five. One would hope the champion will account for the difference. Now if she doesnt, I'll learn a lesson.

Fair enough. Best of luck.

Glad Joby is getting another shot. Big for 125 and has some skills.

Tuesday fights so far

July 11th

Luis Raul Gomez (4-0) vs. Dan Ige (7-1)

Greg Rebello (CES HW 22-7) vs. Zu Anyanwu (CFFC HW Champ 13-4)

Joby Sanchez (9-2) vs. Manny Vazquez (11-2)

TBA vs. TBA

TBA vs. TBA

July 18th

Sean O’Malley (7-0) vs. Alfred Khashakayan (8-3)

Sidney Outlaw (CFFC LW 8-3) vs. TBA

TBA vs. TBA

TBA vs. TBA

TBA vs. TBA

July 25th

Gabriel Checco (10-2) vs. Chase Waldon (11-2)

Boston Salmon (5-1) vs. Ricky Turcios (8-0)

Kyle Noblitt (HW 8-0) vs. TBA

TBA vs. TBA

TBA vs. TBA

Date Unknown

Kurt Holobaugh (Titan FC LW Champ 17-4) vs. TBA

Daniel Spohn (TUF Vet 15-5)vs. TBA

Michael Cora (Titan FC WW 4-1) vs. TBA

Daniel Jolly (5-2) vs. TBA

if this tuesday night shit has betting odds this is going to fuck my life up so badly.

Can someone explain to me why Weidman is a dog here? I'm thinking of going heavy on The Chris.

Can someone explain to me why Weidman is a dog here? I'm thinking of going heavy on The Chris.

Career trajectories. Weidman has had three rough losses and Gastelum looked better and better.

The Hawkins itd line though...

4cj7fvh.gif

4cj7fvh

I know most think lawyer destroys Corrone but at +130 I'm on Cerrone all day. Yes cerrone is coming off a bad loss to madvidal but I think a lot of that is because he took Too many fights over a short period of time and it caught up with him. Lawler had some wars w McDonald and had a few easy wins over ellenburger and brown plus two splits over condit and Hendricks who have both fallen off. Cerrone has always responded well after a loss and lawler is getting up there in age. This should be an a great fight either way and I think cerrone gets a late finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back