General MMA discussion and future lines - September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol def. truth to this.

Yeah exactly. Diaz bros are keeping it real not pretending.

It is legit cool that someone can make 40M in the fight game (if what he said was true).

However, he is up there saying he made 40M this year when like 1/2 the UFC roster is struggling to pay their bills. Tyrone Woodley recently said on MMA hour that he wasn't even a millionaire yet...like what in the actual fuck.
I have no doubts what he said is true. Iirc, after PPV points for the first Diaz fight he made 15 mil. Times that by 3 and you're over 40. It sucks for those fighters, I feel for them, but this has always been the reality in any sport. The NBA has higher overall salaries, but how much more does Lebron get paid than the 9th guy off the bench? Hes the big player and ticket seller, same way Conor is the champ and by far the biggest PPV draw.

Fwiw, I really don't think Conor's being fake. I think he genuinely enjoys fucking with these dudes minds and has the quick witted cleverness to do so better than everyone else. And why tone it down when the UFC just keeps paying him more and more to exaggerate his personality on those stages?

i honestly can't fucking stand conor and just wish he would shut the fuck up. i do enjoy watching his fights though.

I have no doubts what he said is true. Iirc, after PPV points for the first Diaz fight he made 15 mil. Times that by 3 and you're over 40.

Hot damn.

IFwiw, I really don't think Conor's being fake. I think he genuinely enjoys fucking with these dudes minds and has the quick witted cleverness to do so better than everyone else. And why tone it down when the UFC just keeps paying him more and more to exaggerate his personality on those stages?

Its like reality TV, I just can't stomach it. So much fake drama, fake excitement etc. It smells like BS from a mile away and I get the same fake BS vibe from Conor.

Your last line really hits the nail on the head. Why would Conor change his behaviour when he keeps on making more money?! Thats why my criticism is more of society at large than Conor.

Reality TV keeps making money so they keep making more of it and ever stupider iterations. There is no motivation for the producers to make good quality programming if trashy shows get the ratings. I hope Conor doesn't change the game for the worse. Fighters see his example and may come to the conclusion that the only way to get paid is by being a loudmouth asshole.

Hot damn.

Its like reality TV, I just can't stomach it. So much fake drama, fake excitement etc. It smells like BS from a mile away and I get the same fake BS vibe from Conor.

Your last line really hits the nail on the head. Why would Conor change his behaviour when he keeps on making more money?! Thats why my criticism is more of society at large than Conor.

Reality TV keeps making money so they keep making more of it and ever stupider iterations. There is no motivation for the producers to make good quality programming if trashy shows get the ratings. I hope Conor doesn't change the game for the worse. Fighters see his example and may come to the conclusion that the only way to get paid is by being a loudmouth asshole.
He won't change the game and make everyone like this. Part of why I have no doubt hes just being himself is that when people DO try to be like him and hype the fight with drama, its sooo easy to tell its fake.

He won't change the game and make everyone like this. Part of why I have no doubt hes just being himself is that when people DO try to be like him and hype the fight with drama, its sooo easy to tell its fake.

I mean I was on board the whole way through the Nate Diaz/Conor drama. I mean that was fun shit when they went back and forth. Aldo/Conor was fun too...all the smack talk. Watching the 205 Press Conference I was just rolling my eyes like "oh not this act again". It just feels a bit forced cuz now he has to create some drama with Eddie that isn't even there. I can understand the appeal for kids, heck I grew up on WWF.

But sorry as a grown ass man watching that I just think "grow up".

It is an interesting idea as to whether it is fake or not. Whether he is being real or not it is still annoying AF. It just shows how good Conor is at getting under people's skin cuz he got under mine :)

I mean I was on board the whole way through the Nate Diaz/Conor drama. I mean that was fun shit when they went back and forth. Aldo/Conor was fun too...all the smack talk. Watching the 205 Press Conference I was just rolling my eyes like "oh not this act again". It just feels a bit forced cuz now he has to create some drama with Eddie that isn't even there. I can understand the appeal for kids, heck I grew up on WWF.

But sorry as a grown ass man watching that I just think "grow up".

It is an interesting idea as to whether it is fake or not. Whether he is being real or not it is still annoying AF. It just shows how good Conor is at getting under people's skin cuz he got under mine :)
If you want proof Conor's not forcing anything, just watch his regional fights. He has ALWAYS enjoyed fucking with people. Maybe its hard to understand if you're not like that, but as the only person i've ever seen get disqualified because I talked shit to this kid during wrestling cause he was not engaging, I feel like I can relate and understand lol its why I always love the Diaz bros too. Its genuinely just who he is, he doesn't play nice at all.

The only thing that's cringeworthy here is when people try to talk shit back to Conor. I like Stephens and Eddie but they were destroyed, it was embarrassing. Diaz is the only guy who has made Conor look like a fool with the touchbutt stuff etc.

However you feel about Conor and his shit talking, MMA would be pretty fucking boring without him right now. 205 wouldn't feel special at all. The Conor dickriders and annoying casual fans that jump on the bandwagon piss me off, but it's worth it. He has produced some legendary, magic moments in the UFC in the short time he's been here. I don't think he's the amazing fighter many think he is, but I have enjoyed the ride so far.

I don't understand how you can dislike him. Behind the shtick he's just a normal guy who's achieved his dreams. Seeing him break down and hug his parents after the Mendes fight gave me uncontrollable feels.

The only thing that's cringeworthy here is when people try to talk shit back to Conor. I like Stephens and Eddie but they were destroyed, it was embarrassing. Diaz is the only guy who has made Conor look like a fool with the touchbutt stuff etc.

However you feel about Conor and his shit talking, MMA would be pretty fucking boring without him right now. 205 wouldn't feel special at all. The Conor dickriders and annoying casual fans that jump on the bandwagon piss me off, but it's worth it. He has produced some legendary, magic moments in the UFC in the short time he's been here. I don't think he's the amazing fighter many think he is, but I have enjoyed the ride so far.

I don't understand how you can dislike him. Behind the shtick he's just a normal guy who's achieved his dreams. Seeing him break down and hug his parents after the Mendes fight gave me uncontrollable feels.

I was actually surprised with how Eddie handled himself. I felt like he held his own pretty well.

But I think you're spot on with everything else. Conor's style makes for pretty much guaranteed exciting fights every time out too. I'm a fan and I think he's great for the sport as a whole.

i absolutely don't think eddie looked phased. when he was laughing he didn't seem nervous or intimidated, i think he genuinely does think conor is a clown and the beneficiary of favourable stylistic match ups (like he said in that recent interview).

i absolutely don't think eddie looked phased. when he was laughing he didn't seem nervous or intimidated, i think he genuinely does think conor is a clown and the beneficiary of favourable stylistic match ups (like he said in that recent interview).

When buddy asked him if he's going to use the same gameplan he did against Pettis and Eddie, with seemingly feigned surprise at the ask, said "no, no way!". He was blatantly lying there. This will be Mendes 2.0, but Conor won't get up this time.

Disclaimer: probably won't bet because I like cheering for McG.

When buddy asked him if he's going to use the same gameplan he did against Pettis and Eddie, with seemingly feigned surprise at the ask, said "no, no way!". He was blatantly lying there. This will be Mendes 2.0, but Conor won't get up this time.

Disclaimer: probably won't bet because I like cheering for McG.
I don't think hes lying, and I think thats further proof hes sucked into the McGregor show. When he was on the outside looking in he said wrestling was the way to go. And now hes gonna stand with Conor cause hes getting caught up in these little shenanigans where Conor taking off his glasses makes Eddie feel proud of himself

EuroFC 01: Espoo
Venue: Metro Areena
Broadcast: FloCombat.com
Saturday 10.01.2016 at 12:00 PM ET

Fight Card

Jonathan Brookins +175
Tom Niinimaki -245

Fernando Rodrigues Jr +155
Yosef Ali Mohammad -195

Juho Valamaa +155
Karl Amoussou -195

Hiroyuki Takaya +175
Alan Omer -245

Alexander Poppeck +185
Robert Wilkinson -265

Marc Gomez +220
Toni Tauru -300

Georgi Valentinov +250
Andreas Stahl -350

Roxane Teixeira +335
Izabela Badurek -505

Nills van Noord +180
Stuart Austin -260

Aleksi Mantykivi +175
Soren Bak -245
Degen action since i'll watch:

Omer + Amoussou + Tauru + Bak. Should've broken this up into 2 teamers but fuck it. $33 to win $99

Round robin on the dogs in the other fights

Degen action since i'll watch:

Omer + Amoussou + Tauru + Bak. Should've broken this up into 2 teamers but fuck it. $33 to win $99

Round robin on the dogs in the other fights
What book has those odds?

Surprised that they have so many lines for this card. As for the main event, I haven't seen his last two bouts in Pancrase where he split two decisions with the same Japanese fighter, but Jonathon Brookins looked terrible in his Legacy FC fight in 2014 where he showed up without even training and lost a decision.

any value in the 205 dogs?

stephens +340
rocky +220
barbarian +170
mj +285

I would love to fade Tate @ +250-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member