GDR had the belt for 128 days - stripped - Conor won first belt 555+ days ago - NEVER @#@# DEFENDED

gFRxTQ5.png

I already said he desperately needed to save face after all the shit talk and losing to Cabo nate. Dana spent nearly half a million on his camp and he barely got a decision. Pathetic.

and he still didn't "run back to 145".....

Yes he does and both those men aswell as big nog are former ufc champs . Ufc calls frank mir a 2 time champ for winning big nogs interim belt , bet you didnt know that did you .
No they're not and the UFC doesn't. The always stick the word interim in there before the word champ.

Hell they call Condit a 2X title contender.

The difference is they were trying to make the Cyborg fight because that's the fight that makes sense and people want, they were actively trying to get her to fight her. Honestly, without that fight the division which is brand new is a guaranteed failure and not good for business and ironically the integrity of the sport (lol).

Had the UFC been trying to actively get Conor to defend the FW title during that same timeframe, and he refused, I'm sure the same thing would happen. In fact he DID end up getting stripped, after going to his venture to LW, even without the UFC or fans pushing for a particular fight. Everybody wanted Conor to fight the fights he's been fighting. Say, if now the MayMac fight was off and they wanted Conor to fight Tony or Khabib right NOW, and he declined, he'd also be stripped.

Every circumstance is different, and yes the biggest star in mma does get some double standard exceptions but that is to be expected when they are so many different fights the guy will take (which is good for business).

I am glad they did this. Fuck GDR, fight the #1 contender if you want to call yourself champ, don't flat out refuse when that is the fight the UFC and everybody else WANTS.

Conor nuthuggers are worse.

Think 13 year old girl and Justin beiber. Same scenario. Different characters.

There are idiots on both side of the spectrum.

I am a fan of Conor because I am into MMA and I like all exciting and skilled fighters.

He last fought in November before he took this fight against the only comparably big name in combat sports for about 100 million dollars...
He passed up multiple opportunities to defend his titles. Remember when he was supposed to defend the 145-belt after the fight with Nate? Then after the rematch with Nate?
he was too busy winning a second.
No he was not. He passed up defending the 145-belt to rematch Nate Diaz and there was no title involved whatsoever.

He passed up multiple opportunities to defend his titles. Remember when he was supposed to defend the 145-belt after the fight with Nate? Then after the rematch with Nate?

No he was not. He passed up defending the 145-belt to rematch Nate Diaz and there was no title involved whatsoever.

It like if your playing a JRPG. You can't just go into the dragon lair. First you have to fetch the old woman a flower that reminds her of your youth then she will let you know of a secret passage way into the back of the cave that the dragon lives in to fight him. Nate was a stepping stone

McGregor is bigger than belts.

Then give up the belt and let real hitters fight for it, after Mayweather takes his ass to boxing school, he can go fight farm animals on ppv.

Crazy how GDR GETS stripped for not fighting the #1 contender but Bisping and McGregor doesn't have to.

First of all retard, there is no downside. If he loses he wins a huge pay day.

Second he is cowardly not defending because he is scared he loses and hurts his brand. Period.

Third, he was given a free title shot against the weakest lw ever and has ducked the ufc and title defenses since.

He is a coward. He is ducking real fights, should be stripped and a * by his name.
Conor isn't a coward mate, he's chasing a ridiculous opportunity. And why wouldn't he?

As far as getting a free shot against the "weakest LW [champion] ever", don't forget he was initially given a shot against RDA, who looked like an absolute killer at the time. When RDA obliterated Cowboy this forum was full of people jeering and saying "Conor will never try to take this guy on, two belts - ha!". And yet that's exactly what Conor did, he went straight at RDA and the only reason they never fought was because RDA injured himself.

Conor isn't a coward. He's selfish, definitely. And he demands a big return. But he isn't afraid.

please sopmeone inform TS that UFC is a company and it´s main goal is making money

seems he doesn´t understand that

Honestly TS do you not have more important things to do than to be so unbelievably petty?

Back