Game of Thrones S07E04 Discussion Thread: That's So (Three Eyed) Raven Edition (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so how do you guys stock up on stuff to eat and drink for each episode, i drink Rum on most occasions, and beer, and of course bbq flavour potato chips

I don't eat or drink during an episode. Lights off, sound cranked and watching. I eat before the show.

This one is great too:
1a1e7aa1f078666cba08dfc096b1c5d4--ford-knights.jpg

I personally am a bigger fan of this. The Iron Throne in the shown looks far too comfortable compared to how it's described. Aerys was described as being covered in scabs because he was always getting pricked by sword points in the chair:
18td2vk1gbbxzjpg.jpg
Top one is epic- you can feel Robert's momentum. I also prefer this helmet to the previous one - might be my new fave

Bottom is also amazing. A little to unkempt, but the shows throne looks lacking in the # of swords. Somewhere in between would have been perfect

IDK if this has already been discussed, but what was the point of Missandei, Jon and Davos talking about Jon being a bastard? Why does Missandei not know what a bastard is? She speaks like 8000 languages or something, but she doesn't know what bastards means? Seems a bit odd considering it's a very common and pretty important word in Westeros and she knows the language of Westeros very well.

Scene just felt odd to me, but my I'm missing something here.

I try to not think too much while watching this show.

I think the confusion that Missandei had was how Jon and Davos were saying Jon technically doesn't have a right to claim Winterfell or any other high ranking seat outside of the Night's Watch because he's a bastard. The confusion for her wasn't what a bastard is... but why it makes him a second class citizen.
idk she gave an inquisitive look when he said he didn't share his father's name because he was a bastard, and when Davos asked don't they have bastards in Narth (sp?) she said they don't have marriage, hence no bastards.

It doesn't really make sense for her to not know IMO. They have marriage in Essos, so even if bastards aren't looked down on as in Westeros, she should know what one is.

Last edited:
I had a funny thought.

It's a small nitpick but I'd like to have seen Jon Snow completely deadpan at the sight of the dragons.

"I've seen a guy that can take over the mind of an eagle, fought with and against giants, and seen a zombie king instant raise a whole village of dead people into his minions. Oh ya, I've also died and been brought back to life.

But hey, dragons.

He looks more pampered IMO. Like he has a bevy of women taking care of his every need while his brother is forced to be a bodyguard everyone refers to as dog. The contrast between the two works well for me. I like it even more that his brother looks fresher and younger than him. All the more reason for the hound to hate him. Plus there's this

Which is really /endgame

But he isnt pampered and he is an old veteran, and he looks nothing like it.

Jon about to Fus Ro Dah the shit out of that dragon
got5.jpg

Part I love is he's back in the trademark Northmen's cloak.

I do wonder if Jon ever tells Dany he was brought back from the dead or not.

Some of these artists do a tremendous job. Amazing pics

as the series go on i like dany less. if she is revealed as anything but he true villain, at this point, i will be disappointed.

3ER reminds me of this old comic character, Peepers. His only superpower was he could see waaaaayyyyy over there, and had xray vision. That was it

good shit, but you gonna help in any way?

This was my favorite part of the Arya / BFT sparring session. The way Arya flips Catspaw from one hand to the other was dope.

giphy.gif

Didn't Davos mention it?
Jon stopped him.

Davos got to the "he died for" and Jon gave him a look and Davos just kinda trailed of about it. Unless Dany asked him specifically about it at some point and I missed it.

I had a funny thought.

It's a small nitpick but I'd like to have seen Jon Snow completely deadpan at the sight of the dragons.

"I've seen a guy that can take over the mind of an eagle, fought with and against giants, and seen a zombie king instant raise a whole village of dead people into his minions. Oh ya, I've also died and been brought back to life.

But hey, dragons.

I'm wondering how the dragons are going to react to him being that he's a Targ and all. Will they share a similar connection that they do with Dany?

Jon stopped him.

Davos got to the "he died for" and Jon gave him a look and Davos just kinda trailed of about it. Unless Dany asked him specifically about it at some point and I missed it.
Ah you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back