Game of Thrones S07E04 Discussion Thread: That's So (Three Eyed) Raven Edition (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to play some part. I can't imagine leaving that whole part of the sorry just open ended after Jaqen H'ghar was seemingly happy Arya quit.

I think the point in the shitty writing of the faceless men arc was that Jaqen always knew Arya could never be a faceless man but was helping her find herself and get back on track to be "arya stark of winterfell"

Because thats what guys in death cults do you know? They help little girls in their down time.

So I see 3 options for Jaime after going down in the lake: 1 death, 2 escape with Bronn, or....3...captured by Dany and that would be very interesting. The previews already have shown Dany standing in front of Lannister army survivors demanding a "bend the knee" opportunity so what are predictions for what happen to Jaime Lannister?

Jaime struggles to get to the surface because his armor is weighing him down and possibly surviving combatants in the water are trying to grab him and drag him down before he they meet their own watery grave

Jaime pulls some of his Armour off but is close to drowning before Bronn who wears no armor is able to locate him and drag his ass to the surface.

Its cliche and will play out just like that.

so how do you guys stock up on stuff to eat and drink for each episode, i drink Rum on most occasions, and beer, and of course bbq flavour potato chips

I'll do the chips but no alcohol. My attention span is already crappy without a buzz and there is always so much to pay attention to in every episode.

So I see 3 options for Jaime after going down in the lake: 1 death, 2 escape with Bronn, or....3...captured by Dany and that would be very interesting. The previews already have shown Dany standing in front of Lannister army survivors demanding a "bend the knee" opportunity so what are predictions for what happen to Jaime Lannister?
I suspect he ends on the Nights watch personally

They have to play some part. I can't imagine leaving that whole part of the sorry just open ended after Jaqen H'ghar was seemingly happy Arya quit.
The Faceless Men are up to something in the books, but I'm pretty sure it's been cut from the show.

Yeah I agree that was dumb and lazy. She's supposed to be incredibly well-versed as a translator, to the point that she is making nuanced feminist objections about gender pronouns, but she never heard of a bastard before. That was weak writing.

Came over as filler writing because they wanted to extend the scene to fit the episode, but couldn't think of anything relevant for her to say.

Really cool thing about the first was that he had the face of a mean motherfucker. That dude just looked horribly angry and unpleasant which fit Gregor to a fault.

That said, I really like Halfthor as well.

Only the second one was problematic.

Speaking of Gregor, I rewatched the "I choose violence" scene. Once again, awesome acting by Lena there. I really dig how confident she plays Cersei throughout, "It is a request, Cousin Lancel, you're asking for something and I'm refusing."

But then, as she did so well in the scene where she got revenge on the Sandy Vs, she also conveys a moment of vulnerability there when she asserts that the High Sparrow promised her that she would be able to stay at the Red Keep until her trial. In that moment, it's as though she's just trying to reason with them and doesn't want any trouble.

But when Lancel continues to be a dick, we get Frankemountain stepping in. Lancel says, "Step aside, Ser" and you just get this close up shot of FM- heavy breathing, dead eyes- crazy shit. Probably my favorite scene from that particular episode.

"I choose violence" is one of the GOAT scenes from any season. I love how the Faith Militant get a, "Holy SHIT!" look on their faces when they first see Frankenmountain.:eek:

Also, props to Coach Qyburn. He doesn't say a single word in that scene, but after FM tears the retard's head off, he's got a smug, "That's my boy!" look on his face.:)

About to fuck up some Iron Cans at Pike during the Greyjoy Rebellion:

RU5p0eD.jpg

"Gods, I was strong!":cool:

But he isnt pampered and he is an old veteran, and he looks nothing like it.

The Mountain was barely human even before Coach Qyburn started force feeding him Horse Meat. No human being on earth could crush a man's skull with his bare hands like that. It's not physically possible to apply that kind of pressure, in that position. Especially when you're poisoned and bleeding out from multiple wounds.

So it's possible the Mountain simply looks younger than his actual age, given his superhuman strength and durability.

More importantly, Halfthor is so fucking huge I'm willing to overlook minor points like the age gap between him and the Hound. Halfthor is 6'9" and 400lbs of muscle. He's one of the strongest men in the world. That's who you need to play the biggest and strongest Knight in the Seven Kingdoms.:cool:

Last edited:
I think the point in the shitty writing of the faceless men arc was that Jaqen always knew Arya could never be a faceless man but was helping her find herself and get back on track to be "arya stark of winterfell"

Because thats what guys in death cults do you know? They help little girls in their down time.

That story could actually have been really neat if they had set it up differently

Have her in this "faceless man house" full of doors and she keeps going lower and lower into it, the fans wondering what is behind the next door...maybe throw her in a maze that she has to escape, full of other candidates who want to be faceless men...really anything but what we got. And I know what we got was based on the books. Would have been a good time to diverge.

That story could actually have been really neat if they had set it up differently

Have her in this "faceless man house" full of doors and she keeps going lower and lower into it, the fans wondering what is behind the next door...maybe throw her in a maze that she has to escape, full of other candidates who want to be faceless men...really anything but what we got. And I know what we got was based on the books. Would have been a good time to diverge.

I haven't read the books yet but I've read the synopsis. It seemed to have shown the whole gathering of the assassins in the books rather than just it seemingly being Jaqen and the Waif chilling in the temple being gloomy weirdos and aryas training consisted of studying languages and poisons etc,etc. I didnt see anything about blind staff training via her Mr. Miyagi.

I would rather them just kept Arya and the hound together travelling around. Turn it into a True Grit in westeros style tale between the two.

It's too bad they left strong belwas out of the show. Could have been played by Mark Hunt. Him vs the white walkers with a valerian steel arak would have been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back