Game of Thrones S07E04 Discussion Thread: That's So (Three Eyed) Raven Edition (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second mountain was embarrassing, I'm sure he's a good actor, but he was just not right for that roll.
Agreed.

Ugh, stumbled on some episode 6 spoilers while looking for episode 5 spoilers.

Whoever played the Night King would never really get public recognition cause of all the makeup.

Agreed.

But imaging telling all your friends you landed this pivotal and important role in a major production and they watch it and are like 'oh ya, sure that is you'.

So, rewatching certain seasons and when Margery's dad gives the goblet to Joffrey at the breakfast... is that the goblet used to poison him and if so... was her dad "in" on it or was it just the Queen of Thrones that knew what was going on at the table?

First mountain was perfect.

Third mountain is way better
How do we know which is better when of the two 3rd Mountain has said more... only like a single sentence or two but original Mountain didn't say shit from what I remember.

So, rewatching certain seasons and when Margery's dad gives the goblet to Joffrey at the breakfast... is that the goblet used to poison him and if so... was her dad "in" on it or was it just the Queen of Thrones that knew what was going on at the table?
I doubt it. Mace seemed to have the IQ of a potato.

so how do you guys stock up on stuff to eat and drink for each episode, i drink Rum on most occasions, and beer, and of course bbq flavour potato chips

Really cool thing about the first was that he had the face of a mean motherfucker. That dude just looked horribly angry and unpleasant which fit Gregor to a fault.

That said, I really like Halfthor as well.

Only the second one was problematic.

Speaking of Gregor, I rewatched the "I choose violence" scene. Once again, awesome acting by Lena there. I really dig how confident she plays Cersei throughout, "It is a request, Cousin Lancel, you're asking for something and I'm refusing."

But then, as she did so well in the scene where she got revenge on the Sandy Vs, she also conveys a moment of vulnerability there when she asserts that the High Sparrow promised her that she would be able to stay at the Red Keep until her trial. In that moment, it's as though she's just trying to reason with them and doesn't want any trouble.

But when Lancel continues to be a dick, we get Frankemountain stepping in. Lancel says, "Step aside, Ser" and you just get this close up shot of FM- heavy breathing, dead eyes- crazy shit. Probably my favorite scene from that particular episode.

IDK if this has already been discussed, but what was the point of Missandei, Jon and Davos talking about Jon being a bastard? Why does Missandei not know what a bastard is? She speaks like 8000 languages or something, but she doesn't know what bastards means? Seems a bit odd considering it's a very common and pretty important word in Westeros and she knows the language of Westeros very well.

Scene just felt odd to me, but my I'm missing something here.

These Wights are Made for Walking is a great title IMO doesn't need the around the wall part.

Someone earlier said Dazed and Confused: All Wight All Wight All Wight, I like that as well.

Of course Dickon by Armbar is great and about as Sherdog as it gets.

Absolutely no, third mountain looks young when he is supposed to be the elder brother of the hound.

It looks even more stupid that grownup bran because we have the hound as comparison all the time.

IDK if this has already been discussed, but what was the point of Missandei, Jon and Davos talking about Jon being a bastard? Why does Missandei not know what a bastard is? She speaks like 8000 languages or something, but she doesn't know what bastards means? Seems a bit odd considering it's a very common and pretty important word in Westeros and she knows the language of Westeros very well.

Scene just felt odd to me, but my I'm missing something here.
From what I gather every where but the 7 Kingdoms (maybe excluding Dorne considering what Ellaria and Oberyn say about bastards in Season 4) aren't treated like shit the way they are in the 7 Kingdoms.

If I am not completely mistaken weren't all the leaders of the Second Sons, including Daario either bastards or former slaves? Can't remember if it's the books or the show but I think the other big Sellsword companies are all ran by bastards as well.

I think the confusion that Missandei had was how Jon and Davos were saying Jon technically doesn't have a right to claim Winterfell or any other high ranking seat outside of the Night's Watch because he's a bastard. The confusion for her wasn't what a bastard is... but why it makes him a second class citizen.

Absolutely no, third mountain looks young when he is supposed to be the elder brother of the hound.

It looks even more stupid that grownup bran because we have the hound as comparison all the time.
Luckily he is zombie Mountain so we don't need to see his face. All we get are the creepy eyes and a silhouette when he starts torturing Sister Unella or whatever her name was.

rpyn97j78bfz.png
Very cool Easter egg. That bottom pick is my absolute favorite GoT image.

Very cool Easter egg. That bottom pick is my absolute favorite GoT image.
This one is great too:
1a1e7aa1f078666cba08dfc096b1c5d4--ford-knights.jpg

I personally am a bigger fan of this. The Iron Throne in the show looks far too comfortable compared to how it's described. Aerys was described as being covered in scabs because he was always getting pricked by sword points in the chair:
18td2vk1gbbxzjpg.jpg

Last edited:

He looks more pampered IMO. Like he has a bevy of women taking care of his every need while his brother is forced to be a bodyguard everyone refers to as dog. The contrast between the two works well for me. I like it even more that his brother looks fresher and younger than him. All the more reason for the hound to hate him. Plus there's this

Which is really /endgame

This one is great too:
1a1e7aa1f078666cba08dfc096b1c5d4--ford-knights.jpg

I personally am a bigger fan of this. The Iron Throne in the shown looks far too comfortable compared to how it's described. Aerys was described as being covered in scabs because he was always getting pricked by sword points in the chair:
18td2vk1gbbxzjpg.jpg
About to fuck up some Iron Cans at Pike during the Greyjoy Rebellion:

RU5p0eD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back