Game of Thrones S07E04 Discussion Thread: That's So (Three Eyed) Raven Edition (No Spoilers/Leaks)

What should be the next Thread title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I kinda don't like Arya suddenly being the greatest swordfighter the world has ever known. I like her better as a little face-changing ninja who has to sneak up to people and slit their throat or something. Her suddenly being able to dance circles around elite fighters in 1-on-1 combat is goofy fan service in my opinion.

IDK if this has already been discussed, but what was the point of Missandei, Jon and Davos talking about Jon being a bastard? Why does Missandei not know what a bastard is? She speaks like 8000 languages or something, but she doesn't know what bastards means? Seems a bit odd considering it's a very common and pretty important word in Westeros and she knows the language of Westeros very well.

Scene just felt odd to me, but my I'm missing something here.

Yeah I agree that was dumb and lazy. She's supposed to be incredibly well-versed as a translator, to the point that she is making nuanced feminist objections about gender pronouns, but she never heard of a bastard before. That was weak writing.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I kinda don't like Arya suddenly being the greatest swordfighter the world has ever known. I like her better as a little face-changing ninja who has to sneak up to people and slit their throat or something. Her suddenly being able to dance circles around elite fighters in 1-on-1 combat is goofy fan service in my opinion.
That was some grade A retarded bullshit.

She goes from doing real basic movements when the Hound is asking her "what is that shite?" to doing what this guy was doing in the fighting pits:
oAxztwG.png

Doubt Jaqen taught her any of that shit.

That was some grade A retarded bullshit.

She goes from doing real basic movements when the Hound is asking her "what is that shite?" to doing what this guy was doing in the fighting pits:
oAxztwG.png

Doubt Jaqen taught her any of that shit.

It was also an insult to the character of Syrio Forel, and the integrity of the idea of Braavos as a whole. Syrio was a dancing master, a water dancer, 1st sword of Braavos. In other words, HE gots the moves. He is the one who taught her some basic shit, not "No one".

If the ninjas who can change their faces ALSO have the ability to out-sword people one on one, well then what's the point. It's way cooler when those are two different skillsets mastered by Braavosis who went down two different paths. The faceless men should be slitting throats & poisoning people, not out-slicking master swordfighters right to their face with crazy fight moves.

Im not a fan of the whole Arya as a ninja Assassin thing in general. I dont know if its the way it was set up with the whole faceless men of Wutang temple cheese ball training or its just simply not believable. Its pretty disappointing too as she was the only stark female that was bearable.

Her story was best when paired with the Hound IMO.

so how do you guys stock up on stuff to eat and drink for each episode, i drink Rum on most occasions, and beer, and of course bbq flavour potato chips

Usually GoT is Thai food night.

I don't eat or drink during an episode. Lights off, sound cranked and watching. I eat before the show.

I do this for Twin Peaks. Anything but just staring at it is too much distraction.

GoT I can eat during the beginning, although sometimes it is too captivating and I end up waiting a few minutes.

About to fuck up some Iron Cans at Pike during the Greyjoy Rebellion:

RU5p0eD.jpg

Did Ned never wear a helmet? Is that a Northern thing not to wear helmets? The only time Jorah wore one was when he was trying to hide his face from Dany in the first pit fight.

Im not a fan of the whole Arya as a ninja Assassin thing in general. I dont know if its the way it was set up with the whole faceless men of Wutang temple cheese ball training or its just simply not believable. Its pretty disappointing too as she was the only stark female that was bearable.

Her story was best when paired with the Hound IMO.

Hound Arya was definitely GOAT Ayra. The faceless men storyline was a disappointment. Especially as up until then I had been a huge fan of all the Braavos related stuff on the show.

Hound Arya was definitely GOAT Ayra. The faceless men storyline was a disappointment. Especially as up until then I had been a huge fan of all the Braavos related stuff on the show.

Yeah Bravvos was better served as a mysterious place across the sea, and Mark Myload should never direct anything ever

The faceless man storyline has to come back in some way. If that storyline was all a buildup to kill Frey, that's gonna be really week.

It was also an insult to the character of Syrio Forel, and the integrity of the idea of Braavos as a whole. Syrio was a dancing master, a water dancer, 1st sword of Braavos. In other words, HE gots the moves. He is the one who taught her some basic shit, not "No one".

If the ninjas who can change their faces ALSO have the ability to out-sword people one on one, well then what's the point. It's way cooler when those are two different skillsets mastered by Braavosis who went down two different paths. The faceless men should be slitting throats & poisoning people, not out-slicking master swordfighters right to their face with crazy fight moves.
I have no issue with her having the knife skills she has at the end. Assassins using small knives make sense. But the sword shit?

Get the FUCK out of here.

The faceless man storyline has to come back in some way. If that storyline was all a buildup to kill Frey, that's gonna be really week.

I think that's all it was. Not much time left, only 9 episodes in the whole series.

I think that's all it was. Not much time left, only 9 episodes in the whole series.
They have to play some part. I can't imagine leaving that whole part of the sorry just open ended after Jaqen H'ghar was seemingly happy Arya quit.

Episode 4 was a banger, but that was definitely one of the few blemishes of the episode for me. Fantasy or not I couldn't suspend my belief that now after such little time she's able to face off against the top 5 best soldiers in Westeros with her spinning around and having her arms behind her back most of the time. And that thin little sword vs a Valyrian longsword?

<{cruzshake}>

If we've seen the last of the faceless men then that whole saga was just overly convenient for her

So I see 3 options for Jaime after going down in the lake: 1 death, 2 escape with Bronn, or....3...captured by Dany and that would be very interesting. The previews already have shown Dany standing in front of Lannister army survivors demanding a "bend the knee" opportunity so what are predictions for what happen to Jaime Lannister?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back