Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They honestly barely highlight the importance of Dayne or his sword in the series. You just hear Bran go "that's the Sword of the Morning" and they move on, not even highlighting why that's a big deal

They did make sure to show it laying against the bed in the Tower of Joy scene. Though, they also made sure to focus on the helper woman.

I wonder what that was about.

And then Jaime mentioned him when reading the Kingsguard book... still, it barely even scratches the surface of the guy.

Well he's an insignificant character pretty much to the current story when all is said and done.

They did make sure to show it laying against the bed in the Tower of Joy scene. Though, they also made sure to focus on the helper woman.

I wonder what that was about.
Weird camera work I think. I thought the helper lady kinda looked like the actress that played Robb's wife but meh.

Well he's an insignificant character pretty much to the current story when all is said and done.
True... I guess the books when Jaime is head of the Kingsguard after the lose of his hand spends like 3 chapters lamenting at how far the Kingsguard had fallen in quality since the majority of them were wiped out in the war.

Right didnt kill someone who didnt do anything to her even when it had a negative impact on her and she new it . That not who the starks are have you missed the 6 previous seasons

I suspect that you are so far off on this that I wish we could bet real world money.

Like the other 2 fellas I spoke with on this subject I very strongly feel that you are reading the situation wrong and dont know where you are even getting these thoughts.

Shes not a terminator shes an angry little girl with an insane set of skills. Come on man just get it.

Arya is not going to wack a dude that fed her sang her a song and served her some wine and told her about how he wished he had a little girl and if you think she is I dare be so bold as to say it isnt these directors making arya act out of character its your minds

Didn't know you are a writer for the show or have seen the scripts.

True... I guess the books when Jaime is head of the Kingsguard after the lose of his hand spends like 3 chapters lamenting at how far the Kingsguard had fallen in quality since the majority of them were wiped out in the war.

Not really keen on them doing spin offs, but if they did I wouldn't mind seeing young Dayne and Selmy as major characters.

Not really keen on them doing spin offs, but if they did I wouldn't mind seeing young Dayne and Selmy as major characters.
I'd rather it show us the Rebellion or the fall of Valyria.

The more I think about it the more I like Euron.

Those ironfags are always talking about the Iron price blah blah blah.

That chick thought she was just going to get the Iron Throne by blood right but Euron shows up and just took that shit. He's balling out and living by the house code of "If you can take it you should take it and not be a pussy."
Euron gets better every episode. He was bland last season but they have basically completed rebooted him. Although by eviscerating the Sand Snakes, I'm starting to root for Euron, which might not be what they're going for lol.

I feel like I watched the entire episode before it aired it was so predictable.

Also, what a fucking retarded plan. Tyrion is overrated and is going to find a way to ruin this for Danny. You guys just made an unprecedented journey across the ocean with an army that has never done anything like that in history... and your strategy when you get to Westeros is to do it again.. and split the army in two and don't take any dragons when the only credible threat is Euron's fleet which they knew about.. Literally nothing is there to stop them from just going door to door making Westorsi houses bend the knee from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock or King's Landing or both. Send ravens to Dorne, idiots.

Maybe I've read a bit too much Chinese history.. but using troops unaccustomed to ship combat is a big no no... especially when you've got Euron on your hands.

Last edited:
I think they all die in the end. Except for Sam. We'll see Sam as an old man writing A Song of Ice and Fire in The Citadel.

I like it. Sam is the size-accurate on-screen avatar for GRRM all along.

I like it. Sam is the size-accurate on-screen avatar for GRRM all along.
I've always figured that was the case. Sam is like GRRM, he survives until the end so he can write the stories.

But will Sam finish them?

I'd rather it show us the Rebellion or the fall of Valyria.
I think they already ruled out the rebellion. Since GRRM said that everything of importance that happened then is already explained in the show and books.

Would like to see the fall of Valyria though.

If I was him I would as long as she let me be King of the North. I'd just be done with all the fighting and I'm pretty sure that was the exact setup they had in place anyways before all the chaos. There was the king of the North and he bent the knee to Robert.

It makes all the sense for him to align with her if he does not see her as a tyrant.

She unites basically the Stark/Baratheon, Lannister and Targaryen houses. They could truly pull together a near planetary peace, allegiance once they clear out the few pockets of resistance as they would have standing with every major house or group.

but he would be Warden of the North. Not King. And would have to bend the knee. And the amount it would rustle sherdoggers would be worth it. <45><Moves>

I think they already ruled out the rebellion. Since GRRM said that everything of importance that happened then is already explained in the show and books.

Would like to see the fall of Valyria though.
Cool beans.

Real tempted to pull my old GoT av out of mothballs but love my current one too much almost.

It makes all the sense for him to align with her if he does not see her as a tyrant.

She unites basically the Stark/Baratheon, Lannister and Targaryen houses. They could truly pull together a near planetary peace, allegiance once they clear out the few pockets of resistance as they would have standing with every major house or group.

but he would be Warden of the North. Not King. And would have to bend the knee. And the amount it would rustle sherdoggers would be worth it. <45><Moves>
I doubt the Lannisters unite under her because of Tyrion being in the picture.

And you'll never see the Starks and what's left of the Baratheons work with the Lannisters again given the amount of grief that family caused theirs.

Didn't know you are a writer for the show or have seen the scripts.

Im not I just so happen to possess wit beyond measure a mans greatest treasure.

and its so painfully obvious that its rustling me that you cant see it

Why didnt she kill lady crane even though she new what would happen ?

What are the starks known for ? Arya has shown that she has the code in her from standing up to a bully prince , to not killing an innocent who was kind to her to ... not killing a bunch of lannister boys for no reason other than meeting them on the road. Also a big deal in the storyline with the starks is the whole guest right and not sharing a meal and then killing you with the exception of the freys who did her family just like that and were not innocent at all.

What did the whole episode focus on ?

Just get it dude. The scene spelled it out for you and gave no indication whatsoever that anything at all went down. Do you think they would have skipped the chance to murder a celeb cameo in a gruesome way? Every single thing points to she ate and was on her way. I know they didnt outright say it but its all there for you

I've always figured that was the case. Sam is like GRRM, he survives until the end so he can write the stories.

But will Sam finish them?

Samwell Tarly was just about to complete the last two books in the volume. The fate of the World of the Living were hanging by a thread, all united in one final epic battle against The Night King and the dead army...when he suddenly heard somebody knocking on the Citadel doors.

Sam puts down his quill pen and went to check. Awaiting in the Citadel's courtyard is a group of wealthy noblemen in fancy silk suits, accompanied by their beautiful personal assistants/translators from the Isle of Naath.

They introduce themselves as network executives from Essos, who came to offer him an exclusive multi-year, multi-gold dragons opportunity funded by the Iron Bank for his manuscripts.

Sam quickly locks up the Citadel and leave with them.

THE END.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back