Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest question to me is who is Euron going to kill? Based on everything we have heard it is guaranteed to happen, it's just a question of who. I'm guessing he kills Olenna Tyrell or maybe the sand Snakes because we know Yara meets up with them based off the next episode preview. Plus the trailer for the season shows Yara and Euron fighting.

Maybe he kills Yara

Well we know he's going after Tyrion. He is leaving to get Cersei a "gift." What does she want more than anything? Tyrion's head. Tyrion also happens to be with the other Greyjoys in an area particularly conducive to an epic naval battle. The only question is whether he get's him or not, or who he kills on his way to him.

My guess is that Euron dies at Dragonstone, but Dany loses too much of her fleet to move in on KL via sea.

Well..from what we have seen in the North,the head of the house meets with people,and is advised by his Maester...which Jon does not have. For sure some forethought should have taken place before having that discussion in front of everyone. Would have saved alot of trouble.

The writers think doing dumb crap like that shows how strong willed and how much growth she's had since the beginning of the show.

In reality it just demonstrates immaturity, instability and lack of self control. Then again, maybe that's what they want to show in her now. Maybe she's turning into Cersei -tho I don't think Cersei would have publicly questioned authority out in the open like that. A small meeting maybe, but not a gathering of fucking everyone.

The writers think doing dumb crap like that shows how strong willed and how much growth she's had since the beginning of the show.

In reality it just demonstrates immaturity, instability and lack of self control. Then again, maybe that's what they want to show in hea now. Maybe she's turning into Cersei -tho I don't think Cersei would have publicly questioned authority out in the open like that. A small meeting maybe, but not a gathering of fucking everyone.

She had good points,its just the way she did it,that was bad. I understand her motivations completley. The lie that she shares with Littlefinger,does give her a degree of power,and she cant reveal the truth because it will not only take that power away,but it will make her look completley untrustworthy to everyone around her,for letting it go this long. They will kill Littlefinger outright and return to the Vale,and shes not willing to give up what she had to fight so long and hard to gain. She went from nothing to basically #2 in power in the Vale,and now the North. She has to keep the game going. She has to go all in. She has made up her mind that while Jon Snow is completley trustworthy,so was Ned and her brother Robb. She doesnt know shit about the threat coming beyond the wall,and Snow has no real conception of the machinations in Kings Landing.

He actually stood against Robb at first, then his wolf bit two of his fingers off for showing his sword at the dinner table.

But agreed Jon's move was the right one.

If the show has taught us anything it is that acting out of mercy and 'doing the right thing' almost always gets you stabbed in the back and dead.

I fully expect Jon Snow to pay a heavy price for giving them another chance and to be the latest 'Stark' in that line to pay the price of naivety.

In reality it just demonstrates immaturity, instability and lack of self control. Then again, maybe that's what they want to show in her now. Maybe she's turning into Cersei -tho I don't think Cersei would have publicly questioned authority out in the open like that. A small meeting maybe, but not a gathering of fucking everyone.

Cersei was kind of in a different situation to be fair. If she spoke out against Robert in the throne room he would have knocked her the fuck out. That wouldnt fly with someone like Rob. Joffery was a child and after his move of killing Ned,he mostly just indulged himself in tormenting sansa or others who Cersei could care less about,so she didnt have to speak out against that really.

He better hurry up. Dude just looks like a fuckin half drunk clown right now. Cersei may have been tempted by the guys power,but meeting him in the flesh...she probably would rather deal with Robert. haahhah
Who knew Captain Jack Sparrow was a Greyjoy.

If the show has taught us anything it is that acting out of mercy and 'doing the right thing' almost always gets you stabbed in the back and dead.

I fully expect Jon Snow to pay a heavy price for giving them another chance and to be the latest 'Stark' in that line to pay the price of naivety.
yo...but

Well we know he's going after Tyrion. He is leaving to get Cersei a "gift." What does she want more than anything? Tyrion's head. Tyrion also happens to be with the other Greyjoys in an area particularly conducive to an epic naval battle. The only question is whether he get's him or not, or who he kills on his way to him.

My guess is that Euron dies at Dragonstone, but Dany loses too much of her fleet to move in on KL via sea.
I bet he's getting a special musical instrument.

Hes not imprisoned hes quarantined. Its more likely that he dies and Sam delivers a message to her but Sam's gonna be digging through a shit ton of old books and might stumble across something.

Seems kind of a shitty way to write out a main character who has been a mainstay since season 1. Not saying he lives but that would be anticlimactic to build up the whole stoneman thing and just have him die in isolation.

Seems kind of a shitty way to write out a main character who has been a mainstay since season 1. Not saying he lives but that would be anticlimactic to build up the whole stoneman thing and just have him die in isolation.
How can he be in the same place as Sam and winds up dying with no cure? no way. He has a part to play..but he will never escape from the Friendzone.

To me this was one of my favorite scenes.
It told that the Lannisters were aware of the death of the frey house and are remaining in the area. It revealed Arya was on her way to Kings Landing to kill the queen. It also showed that she is willing to kill any Lannisters or their allies on the way. She is basically the worst nightmare of any of those types that she would encounter on the road...and potentially it shows that she still has a heart if she doesnt kill those lads,and the tension of wether or not she will,was palpable. Plus This is England kid was there. Fuck yeah lads.
Arya is gonna kill all those kids. She's a cold hearted assassin. A girl has no feelings.

How often does Winter happen in the G.O.T world? Are people basically house ridden until winter is over?

To me this was one of my favorite scenes.
It told that the Lannisters were aware of the death of the frey house and are remaining in the area. It revealed Arya was on her way to Kings Landing to kill the queen. It also showed that she is willing to kill any Lannisters or their allies on the way. She is basically the worst nightmare of any of those types that she would encounter on the road...and potentially it shows that she still has a heart if she doesnt kill those lads,and the tension of wether or not she will,was palpable. Plus This is England kid was there. Fuck yeah lads.

There was also the novelty of showing a character having a moment of peace and contentment with no spectre of violence or sex. Given what all of the main characters have been through, moments like that are a little bit of fan service.

Of course, in wandering hero stories, it's typical for the main character to find a peaceful oasis from the primary quest that they ultimately give up to march onward to their inevitable end. I'm thinking The Power and the Glory, The Road, Lonesome Dove, Broken Flowers, probably dating back to the ancient Greeks though my education fails me there.

Not to white knight or anything but you knocked Sophie Turners acting yet you like Euron?

He was terrible this episode. No charm or grace. And his delivery was full of cringe.

I wouldn't expect Euron to be charming or graceful. He killed his brother and wants to see the rest of his family dead. I liked his attempt to sell himself to Cersei with no regard for Jaime being present.

I'd expect Sophie to be somewhat graceful. All she's doing is nagging Jon with "I know him/her" lines. Her alliance with Littlefinger is already set. She should go marry some Lord or stop being boring.

Yeah she is wack. Also looks like she's aged 10 years, face like a weathered handbag.

Top Knot looks to be a future scene stealer.

I've noticed that too. She used to have cheekbones. Now huge ivory slabs on the sides of her face. Still would, but Sophie probably does blow. The same facial transformation happened to Ricky Hatton.

Ricky_Hatton_-_gordo_e_magro_-_Montagem.jpg

watched it at 6am after work

hound/thoros scenes stole the show

fuck sansa

My predictions since the end of last season:

Jorah was sent off by Khaleesi to find a grayscale cure. Samwell was sent off by Jon to go become a Maester. These two will cross paths... and somewhat solve each other's woes. Samwell will stop Jorah's grayscale with his newfound magic, and Jorah will take the House Tarly sword (Valyrian/whitewalker killin' steel), and the two will set off together.

Samwell has Jon's ear as his trusted confidante... Jorah has Khaleesi's ear as her trusted confidante. The two will make peace / bring the two armies together. And in bringing them together... Jon & Jorah will trade swords. Jon will carry Samwell's House Tarly sword, no use to a maester, and Jorah will be reunited with Jon's sword, which is actually his. (His father's, given to him while Jorah was on the Wall, which Jorah left behind out of shame when he abandoned the Wall.) Full circle, bitches!

Called it. So far, so good...

Watched it this morning.

Wow.

Arya progressed from meek, to resistant, to headstrong, to straight up terrifying.
She loves her family, that's for darn sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back