Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers) | Page 30

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Lethal, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJ43 Silver Belt

RJ43
    Well we know he's going after Tyrion. He is leaving to get Cersei a "gift." What does she want more than anything? Tyrion's head. Tyrion also happens to be with the other Greyjoys in an area particularly conducive to an epic naval battle. The only question is whether he get's him or not, or who he kills on his way to him.

My guess is that Euron dies at Dragonstone, but Dany loses too much of her fleet to move in on KL via sea.

iThrillhouse likes this.
  2. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

The writers think doing dumb crap like that shows how strong willed and how much growth she's had since the beginning of the show.

In reality it just demonstrates immaturity, instability and lack of self control. Then again, maybe that's what they want to show in her now. Maybe she's turning into Cersei -tho I don't think Cersei would have publicly questioned authority out in the open like that. A small meeting maybe, but not a gathering of fucking everyone.

Revolver likes this.
  3. HHJ Plutonium Belt

HHJ
    She had good points,its just the way she did it,that was bad. I understand her motivations completley. The lie that she shares with Littlefinger,does give her a degree of power,and she cant reveal the truth because it will not only take that power away,but it will make her look completley untrustworthy to everyone around her,for letting it go this long. They will kill Littlefinger outright and return to the Vale,and shes not willing to give up what she had to fight so long and hard to gain. She went from nothing to basically #2 in power in the Vale,and now the North. She has to keep the game going. She has to go all in. She has made up her mind that while Jon Snow is completley trustworthy,so was Ned and her brother Robb. She doesnt know shit about the threat coming beyond the wall,and Snow has no real conception of the machinations in Kings Landing.

4. MikeMcMann Brown Belt

MikeMcMann
    If the show has taught us anything it is that acting out of mercy and 'doing the right thing' almost always gets you stabbed in the back and dead.

I fully expect Jon Snow to pay a heavy price for giving them another chance and to be the latest 'Stark' in that line to pay the price of naivety.

5. HHJ Plutonium Belt

HHJ
    Cersei was kind of in a different situation to be fair. If she spoke out against Robert in the throne room he would have knocked her the fuck out. That wouldnt fly with someone like Rob. Joffery was a child and after his move of killing Ned,he mostly just indulged himself in tormenting sansa or others who Cersei could care less about,so she didnt have to speak out against that really.

6. 44nutman Black Belt

44nutman
    Who knew Captain Jack Sparrow was a Greyjoy.

chickenluver and HHJ like this.
  7. HHJ Plutonium Belt

HHJ
    yo...but

WalkenWouldOwn and tinobar like this.
  8. Desdinova Brown Belt

Desdinova
    I don't know if this would be counted as a spoiler, but:

the dragonhorn that can be used to control dragons

Jim likes this.
  9. Jim Jon Stark Belt

Jim
    I bet he's getting a special musical instrument.

WalkenWouldOwn likes this.
  10. Hyperglide Addicted to Synthahol

Hyperglide
    Seems kind of a shitty way to write out a main character who has been a mainstay since season 1. Not saying he lives but that would be anticlimactic to build up the whole stoneman thing and just have him die in isolation.

chickenluver and LuchaBear like this.
  11. Jim Jon Stark Belt

Jim
    Different giants.

12. HHJ Plutonium Belt

HHJ
    How can he be in the same place as Sam and winds up dying with no cure? no way. He has a part to play..but he will never escape from the Friendzone.

13. Jim Jon Stark Belt

Jim
    Arya is gonna kill all those kids. She's a cold hearted assassin. A girl has no feelings.

chickenluver likes this.
  14. Hyperglide Addicted to Synthahol

Hyperglide
  15. justblaze717 Silver Belt

justblaze717
    How often does Winter happen in the G.O.T world? Are people basically house ridden until winter is over?

16. drstrangelov Hey.

drstrangelov
    There was also the novelty of showing a character having a moment of peace and contentment with no spectre of violence or sex. Given what all of the main characters have been through, moments like that are a little bit of fan service.

Of course, in wandering hero stories, it's typical for the main character to find a peaceful oasis from the primary quest that they ultimately give up to march onward to their inevitable end. I'm thinking The Power and the Glory, The Road, Lonesome Dove, Broken Flowers, probably dating back to the ancient Greeks though my education fails me there.

17. Sam Merlotte Red Belt

Sam Merlotte
    I wouldn't expect Euron to be charming or graceful. He killed his brother and wants to see the rest of his family dead. I liked his attempt to sell himself to Cersei with no regard for Jaime being present.

I'd expect Sophie to be somewhat graceful. All she's doing is nagging Jon with "I know him/her" lines. Her alliance with Littlefinger is already set. She should go marry some Lord or stop being boring.

I've noticed that too. She used to have cheekbones. Now huge ivory slabs on the sides of her face. Still would, but Sophie probably does blow. The same facial transformation happened to Ricky Hatton.

[​IMG]

18. El Chimpo Cruel Man

El Chimpo
    watched it at 6am after work

hound/thoros scenes stole the show

fuck sansa

19. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia

Called it. So far, so good...

20. Strychnine Gold Belt

Strychnine
    Watched it this morning.

Wow.

Arya progressed from meek, to resistant, to headstrong, to straight up terrifying.
    She loves her family, that's for darn sure!

Graverobber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.