Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this was one of my favorite scenes.
It told that the Lannisters were aware of the death of the frey house and are remaining in the area. It revealed Arya was on her way to Kings Landing to kill the queen. It also showed that she is willing to kill any Lannisters or their allies on the way. She is basically the worst nightmare of any of those types that she would encounter on the road...and potentially it shows that she still has a heart if she doesnt kill those lads,and the tension of wether or not she will,was palpable. Plus This is England kid was there. Fuck yeah lads.

It also told that the conditions in King's Landing are miserable, and even Lannister people are sick of it.

The Sansa, Jon, baelish dynamic is interesting -- obvious disconnect among the heads of the north. I think littlefinger has the most diabolical of swerves planned.

I think Sansa was trying to play LittlePeen, with her outburst with Jon Snow.
She knows how to play the game, and learned how to play it the hard way. Jon is a good leader but is not devious.
I think Sansa is trying to flush out LittlePeens plan, with her public display of disagreement.

To me this was one of my favorite scenes.
It told that the Lannisters were aware of the death of the frey house and are remaining in the area. It revealed Arya was on her way to Kings Landing to kill the queen. It also showed that she is willing to kill any Lannisters or their allies on the way. She is basically the worst nightmare of any of those types that she would encounter on the road...and potentially it shows that she still has a heart if she doesnt kill those lads,and the tension of wether or not she will,was palpable. Plus This is England kid was there. Fuck yeah lads.

Great post sir, agreed entirely. Every single moment in this episode was well spent IMO. Including the shit-pan stuff.

I think Sansa was trying to play LittlePeen, with her outburst with Jon Snow.
She knows how to play the game, and learned how to play it the hard way. Jon is a good leader but is not devious.
I think Sansa is trying to flush out LittlePeens plan, with her public display of disagreement.
I dont think so...her reasoning for saying the things that she did was sound,but the way she went about it was bad. Too much was at stake,including the lives of the next in line for houses Karstark and Umber,and the respect of Jon's bannermen to be playing a game for littlefinger's benefit

Greatjon Umber was the first to crown Robb. He fought and died at his side, and fought with Ned during the rebellion. Taking away lands from his family because of his asshole kid makes no sense, and Jon knew it.

Sure it's been discussed a million times, but seems like an epic naval battle at Dragsonstone is looming? Only question is whether the imp get's captured or not. I don't think I can stand watching this show if Cersei gets her hands on Tyrion.

Biggest question to me is who is Euron going to kill? Based on everything we have heard it is guaranteed to happen, it's just a question of who. I'm guessing he kills Olenna Tyrell or maybe the sand Snakes because we know Yara meets up with them based off the next episode preview. Plus the trailer for the season shows Yara and Euron fighting.

Maybe he kills Yara

Greatjon Umber was the first to crown Robb. He fought and died at his side, and fought with Ned during the rebellion. Taking away lands from his family because of his asshole kid makes no sense, and Jon knew it.
I understand Sansa's gripe,she's lost many of her family due to bad decisions and traitorous bannermen,but its something that should be discussed,not outright go against Jon's decision.

Biggest question to me is who is Euron going to kill? Based on everything we have heard it is guaranteed to happen, it's just a question of who. I'm guessing he kills Olenna Tyrell or maybe the sand Snakes because we know Yara meets up with them based off the next episode preview. Plus the trailer for the season shows Yara and Euron fighting.

Maybe he kills Yara
He better hurry up. Dude just looks like a fuckin half drunk clown right now. Cersei may have been tempted by the guys power,but meeting him in the flesh...she probably would rather deal with Robert. haahhah

Did anyone else notice that the stuff Sam was emptying from the bed pans looked the same as the food he was putting in the bowls.

Nothing more than a metaphor for his character.

Btw, doesn't being in Winterfell, among honorable, non retarded shits (Lord Arryn), the guy who clashed with Baelish could speak more freely?
Baelish needs to be put into place, and Sansa is a fucking idiot for not letting Jon know how scheming he is.

I understand Sansa's gripe,she's lost many of her family due to bad decisions and traitorous bannermen,but its something that should be discussed,not outright go against Jon's decision.

Lazy writing. Something like that gets discussed amongst the people sitting at the head table before everyone is assembled like that.

Lazy writing. Something like that gets discussed amongst the people sitting at the head table before everyone is assembled like that.
Well..from what we have seen in the North,the head of the house meets with people,and is advised by his Maester...which Jon does not have. For sure some forethought should have taken place before having that discussion in front of everyone. Would have saved alot of trouble.

Btw, doesn't being in Winterfell, among honorable, non retarded shits (Lord Arryn), the guy who clashed with Baelish could speak more freely?
Baelish needs to be put into place, and Sansa is a fucking idiot for not letting Jon know how scheming he is.
She is keeping that in her back pocket because as she claims "she knows what he wants" and thinks she has the measure of him now.

"No one can protect anyone" so she is thinking she can keep herself safe by utilizing the Vale armies. If she reveals that she lied about Lisa Arryn's death,the Aryn bannerman will kill Littlefinger,not trust her any longer,and return to the Vale.

He better hurry up. Dude just looks like a fuckin half drunk clown right now. Cersei may have been tempted by the guys power,but meeting him in the flesh...she probably would rather deal with Robert. haahhah

On second thought he may very well kill a dragon. the description for the 3rd episode says Cersie returns a gift. Maybe he brings her the dragons head then Cersie ships it off to Daenerys as a warning.

He actually stood against Robb at first, then his wolf bit two of his fingers off for showing his sword at the dinner table.

But agreed Jon's move was the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back