Friend of mine screwed over by divorce

Divorce laws are shit, but unfortunately in this case your friend kinda brought it on himself. I can't help but think this was planned out from the day she met him.

As Sherdog’s resident irl divorce lawyer my advice is that he should murder her. I’m only half joking.

I have actually had two files where my clients were on the cusp of losing half the equity in their house and half their retirement savings, and possibly being on the hook for alimony, when just in the nick of time their spouses died, one of a heart attack the other to liver failure. In both files I was acting for the wives while the husbands were abusive alcoholics. These were 35+ year marriages where the couples were in their late 50s or early 60s. Both husbands were drinking heavily for the last few years of their lives and had lost their jobs and savings, so the divorces could have cost the wives heavily.

The husbands dying was like a gift from god for my clients. They got to keep their homes, their pensions, and one of them even got a life insurance payout that she used to pay off all their debt.

So in short, it sounds like the divorce and property division for TS’ friend is too far along for him to be saved by a Hail Mary death of his wife, but if it was earlier then a handy accident would have really helped.

Hindsight being what it is he really could have used a prenup.

It’s not too late for suicide though.

based on your description of events it just all seems so out of left field that this would happen. i'm totally at a loss.

he should get her pregnant so she have to stay with him.

As Sherdog’s resident irl divorce lawyer my advice is that he should murder her.
Well, you guys heard it. A respected legal opinion on what this old man should do

giphy.gif

That sucks but the guy should of known better. Can’t be marrying these materialistic women even if you got the cash flow it’s a recipe for disaster. So many guys lose everything they’ve worked their asses off for, because they chose a shit partner.

An illegal immigrant that hates working?
That red flag automatically tells me she hates living in the US.

I wonder if he started identifying as a woman and somewhat commited to a transformation would it help. He could sue for discrimination if they try to treat him like a man....I dunno it's that or kill the bitch

It is his own damn fault for marrying a unless woman like that. Why would you even consider marrying someone with expensive tastes who can't even hold down a job and help pay her own way. Dudes let pussy hypnotize them into the stupidest decisions.

Dudes get hypnotized by pussy, ruined finances and life. Too bad. Should have known better.

Girls sleep with boss coerced with power or promise of career advancement. #metoo

First of all, she sounds like a shitty person. Second of all, the reason they split the equity of the house down the middle, even if one person doesn’t pay for it is that, usually the one not paying for it is doing things around the house, cooking, cleaning, etc. Those contributions are not without value. Your friend knew how that would work going into this thing and he still did it. Plus, he got however many years of banging a chick 20 years his junior. So it’s hard to have much sympathy.

He can move to Pattaya and just bang thai hookers all day. That place is full of scorned divorcees living it up on the cheap.

Any kids?
Dude still works, so rent s room or get a place that had roommates. Guy will be ok, sounds like his wife was a gold digger. Getting out from under her will help him out.
My brother makes bank bu married a floozy. He's dropped several hundred K to divorce thay crazy. They'll both be ok, tales time and the money cokes back if you're smart about it

He can move to Pattaya and just bang thai hookers all day. That place is full of scorned divorcees living it up on the cheap.
Go to Thailand and sleep with women ? That's like going to Japan to eat pizza.
Just be forward a out it and tell him to bang trannys .

Go to Thailand and sleep with women ? That's like going to Japan to eat pizza.
Just be forward a out it and tell him to bang trannys .

The japs make some pretty good pizza to be fair. The best pizza in Vietnam is from Japan (Pizza 4P)

Back