Friend of mine screwed over by divorce

The japs make some pretty good pizza to be fair. The best pizza in Vietnam is from Japan (Pizza 4P)

Lived in Japan for 3 years. Never did have any good pizza there. It all super thin and greasy crap.

Last edited:
If you marry someone, they are entitled to half, whether or not they contribute financially or not. It’s your fault if you don’t make them contribute, not theirs. I’m married 20 years with 2 kids. If we divorce, she gets half and child support. That’s the deal. My only issue is 401k if the woman wants the divorce. Imo 401k is retirement based on contract of staying togetherness. If one party decides to end the contract, the 401k deal should be void. Why do I care what your retirement is in 20 years when we aren’t together?
But that not how it works. My buddy is a cop. After 2 kids and 15 years togther his wife files for divorce because she feels she has a right to be is a passionate relationship. Admits he is a great guy, just feels she is young enough to be in a more passionate deal. She got half the house, child support, and half of his pension.she shouldn’t get that because she opted out.

Agreed.

What can a person do in a situation like this?

Travel back in time and convince his former self never to marry this person.

giphy.gif

Seriously, divorce court is fucked and rigged in favor of chicks who bled you dry and contributed nothing. I worked in a building with a divorce attorney's office. One day a guy who's ex-wife utilized that office's service to divorce him forced entry into the office with the intention of shooting and killing his ex-wife's attorney. When the guy realized her attorney wasn't there that day, he just shot himself instead. It was insane. Make sure your friend doesn't do that. He is jut going to have to live with the realization that he will have to live poor and maintain a part time job working at Subway until he is 80.

You can not get into a situation like this.

Sounds like all the warning signs were there.
Easy to say now that he is 60 with no testosterone and her legs are closed. When he was 40 and she was 20, probably a different story, right?

Sucks to think a guy who busts his ass and makes good money would marry some lazy bitch like that.

Lesson to be learned, don't marry lazy bitches that don't contribute. In fact, find ones that make more money than you.
True story:

I have a male relative who is 52 and married to a 25 year old [female] millionaire. He himself is a 6 figure guy, but he would obviously benefit from splitting half.

Easy to say now that he is 60 with no testosterone and her legs are closed. When he was 40 and she was 20, probably a different story, right?

She couldn't hold a job but always wanted nice things. He got her into the country and she married him. She spent everything she earned on herself.

Age is irrelevant here, but forty and twenty would have been another cause for suspicion.

The signs were there. Marital disparity can be a killer if you don't understand one another.

Seems like a bad move on his part to divorce her at this stage if his major concern is that she doesnt work. Now half of his 401k is gone and has lost half of the house in the process. Would have been way cheaper not divorcing and just dealing with the laziness.....

Seems like a bad move on his part to divorce her at this stage if his major concern is that she doesnt work. Now half of his 401k is gone and has lost half of the house in the process. Would have been way cheaper not divorcing and just dealing with the laziness.....

You’re assuming he’s the one who started the divorce. I assume that’s not in fact the case.

You’re assuming he’s the one who started the divorce. I assume that’s not in fact the case.
The TS should answer this but i imagine he is asking for divorce. It sounds like they've been married for a while and one thing about lazy people is that they dont like losing their meal ticket. If she asked for it than yea he is getting screwed but if he asked for it than its a bad move

The wife pushed for the divorce.

His house was almost paid off in full. He was planning on retiring two years from now.

Now he can NEVER afford to retire. He'll have to work until he dies.

Back