Frank Mir confirms “unspoken rule among fighters” that tapping to strikes is “unacceptable” & “soft”

I'd rather tap than have brain damage for the rest of my life. The way Carwin crushed and battered Mir's skull, its not soft in my eyes to tap to end that horror.

My best guess is that it's mostly an opinion amongst poorly educated people, though a big portion of MMA fighters fall into that segment. It's funny hearing that from Mir, tapping to strikes is half as embarassing as the last couple of years of his career.

Ain't nothing tough of courageous about not being able to remember your grandkids names, your anniversary, where you left your keys literally 5 minutes ago, etc...

Mir never gets the chance to tap. As soon as you touch him he goes night night..

Steve Mazzagatti says hello.

Yeah man, how did Steve not jump in in the 1/2 a second between Fitch going to sleep and Josh letting go and standing up, this is such a blatent display of incompetence, unbelievable and inexcusable.

How exactly did the myth of this being a "horrible display of reffing" come to be accept as fact around here? I've never understood it. This basically got Steve blackballed and he didn't even do anything wrong.

How many pro fights have you been in?
I had a handful of amateur fights where they are free to roid and pit you against killers without you knowing until you're in there. Generally yes you can stop an onslaught of strikes before its too much or the ref (should) stop it. I will give a pass if you have someone like herb dean who might let you die.

i'm not a fighter so I'm in no position to judge what internal values they've agreed upon as a fraternity. it's interesting though. tapping from a choke, which is relatively harmless is not soft, but tapping to getting your brain rattled in soft. must be something that's held over from boxing

valuing your limbs over your brain. not sure if that's a good thing.

If you tap to a choke it's because you're gonna go out. If you tap to strikes you're still aware enough to try and survive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back