Frank Mir confirms “unspoken rule among fighters” that tapping to strikes is “unacceptable” & “soft”

If I remember correctly, Rich Franklin knocked Chuck out with a right hook from an arm with a broken ulna or radius.

ibkwfc.gif

Then there's Scott Smith with the broken ribs as he knocks Pete Sell flat.
Can't forget Jon's toe vs Chael, we were literally a tiny piece of skin away from having Chael as the LHW champ lol

I bet he will change his mind once his daughter gets trapped in MMA and another fighter just starts smashing her face in.

If I remember correctly, Rich Franklin knocked Chuck out with a right hook from an arm with a broken ulna or radius.

ibkwfc.gif

Then there's Scott Smith with the broken ribs as he knocks Pete Sell flat.
You would have thought adrenaline would have kicked in to block the pain out. I guess at Franks level he's just fighting for a pay check and knows he's doesn't need to worry about a win bonus. He's an old vet that's already been beaten and doesn't have the same ego as a young fighter fighter I guess.

Yeah he looks a little silly in hindsight, but when you're done you're done. I've always thought it's silly that tapping to avoid a broken arm is ok, but tapping to avoid concussion is a pussy move.

I even had this conversation with a local MMA fighter some time ago, he told me he'd been punched 53 times in a row on the ground (he was a pure striker). I asked if he thought about tapping and he said "fuck no, that's a bitch move". I'm not a fighter and was in a room of other fighters so didn't push the issue, but wanted to say it's fuckin dumb to not think you can tap in that situation.

You know whats also pussy? not pushing the issue to fighters cause you are afraid of what they will think about you. PUSSY

mir is a great fighter but a dickhead in many ways. he should shut his mouth.

Mir needs to call it a day now and retire.

Except BJ didn't quit, his corner stopped it (and rightfully so).

And he did not protest them stopping

BJ and Frank Mir just ate crow, I don´t think Big Nog ever said anything about tapping being dishonorable (could be wrong) but the guy never quit ONCE and he was beaten like no other fighter.

elanimalsantana said:
Except BJ didn't quit, his corner stopped it (and rightfully so).
And he did not protest them stopping

BJ and Frank Mir just ate crow, I don´t think Big Nog ever said anything about tapping being dishonorable (could be wrong) but the guy never quit ONCE and he was beaten like no other fighter.
No, he didn't protest them stopping it but then again he was so beaten up he didn't know what planet he was on at the time.

I watched this last Mir fight expecting it to look like GSP-Serra but that tap came as a result of serious medical circumstances.

It’s not even the same thing as GSP getting GNP’d into submission by a midget.

With the new info about how his jaw was fractured above his teeth it makes the tap a little more reasonable, thats something you go to the ER for, not continue a fistfight. He kinda got screwed by the ref there too, his mouthguard being out for a while is the reason his teeth got smashed.

Poor Dozer..he did everything he could to discredit GSP. He likely stayed up late dying inside knowing that people consider him the best.

Smokey said it best.

“He gon cry in the car”

Does anyone ever rag on Goodridge? He wasn't even taking punches when he tapped IIRC. He just knew he was done and ended it before he took more damage.

But you are not a fucking professional fighter. Of course YOU would rather tap and curl up into an assball instead of getting punched.
Mir is talking about real men really fighting and really not being fucking pussies.

PS Holly holming it, lols

PPS Why is Mir ripping on GSP for???
because he can. GSP tapped to strikes and Mir could gorilla rap him if he wanted to, that's why.

Love Frank but he can be an idiot sometimes

Back